IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

Minisode 6.01: Holiday Hijinx and Loving the Haters!

Happy Holidays!!! Or as we like to say, “Good Times!”

In this our Holiday Minisode. With all of us working and being with family this holiday season, we wanted to reach out and give the fans something before we finish our Sportsapaloza episodes. So, we decided to give an update on what is going on with us and what is going on within the 5200 Community. Also, we let MetalJesusRocks what we think of his latest YouTube episode.

Action! Adventure! Justice! REVENGE!!!

All here. On The Atari 5200 Podcast!

http://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/minisode-601-holiday-hijinx-and-loving-the-haters

You may have just sold me on Sinistar.

You would like it. It's difficult to master, beautiful to look at and the overall gameplay is awesome. The speech is great! I'm really happy that the speech was incorporated, as that element completes the game (for me anyway). :-D

BTW, should you want a box, Marc Oberhäuser makes one: http://www.retrogamesshop.com/product_info.php?info=p2783_sinistar--reproduction-box--atari-5200.html

post-21941-0-28602800-1514661042.jpg post-21941-0-05059900-1514661063.jpg post-21941-0-30795200-1514661076.jpg

• Like 1

Captain Bob, you really need to get a copy of Tempest. Its a great trak-ball game. Also, if you guys haven't purchased a copy of Xari Arena, you really should do so. This is another beauty to behold and all around excellent trak-ball game, especially if you own two trak-balls. :grin:

• Like 1

Atari 5200 Quick System Review - Brutally Honest Gamer

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! In addition to Space Invaders, the CX52 joysticks work extremely well with Defender, Qix, Robotron and Space Dungeon. Additionally, The 5200 Controller Holder makes Robotron and Space Dungeon even more enjoyable. This console rocks!

post-21941-0-12380900-1514770010.jpg

• Like 1

Happy Holidays!!! Or as we like to say, “Good Times!”

In this our Holiday Minisode. With all of us working and being with family this holiday season, we wanted to reach out and give the fans something before we finish our Sportsapaloza episodes. So, we decided to give an update on what is going on with us and what is going on within the 5200 Community. Also, we let MetalJesusRocks what we think of his latest YouTube episode.

Action! Adventure! Justice! REVENGE!!!

All here. On The Atari 5200 Podcast!

http://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/minisode-601-holiday-hijinx-and-loving-the-haters

Had a chance to listen and wanted to say a BIG Thanks! for the mention. I'm glad you like the overlays. You are correct when you say home brew projects are a labor of love at least in my case, I can only speak for myself :) . Just a reminder that even though I may not have the Super Overlays box set to sell, I do sell the overlays individually (minus the metallic keypad cover overlays as those were Super Overlays box set exclusives). If you ever have any questions about my overlays or cart labels just let me know.

• Like 2

Had a chance to listen and wanted to say a BIG Thanks! for the mention. I'm glad you like the overlays. You are correct when you say home brew projects are a labor of love at least in my case, I can only speak for myself :) . Just a reminder that even though I may not have the Super Overlays box set to sell, I do sell the overlays individually (minus the metallic keypad cover overlays as those were Super Overlays box set exclusives). If you ever have any questions about my overlays or cart labels just let me know.

You are welcome, I shared your Atari Age link all over FB to make sure you sold out as I want to support further overlays.

If listeners want to buy the overlays separately how do they go about ordering them and what is the price per overlay (set)?

We will update the listeners on the next episode.

You are welcome, I shared your Atari Age link all over FB to make sure you sold out as I want to support further overlays.

If listeners want to buy the overlays separately how do they go about ordering them and what is the price per overlay (set)?

We will update the listeners on the next episode.

Just contact me via PM (personal message) here on AtariAge. The overlays are $2.00 each ($4.00 per pair). There is a $20.00 minimum order (not including shipping). I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hey there, I've listened to all of the podcasts and several times you guys talked about buying stuff from Venezuela. I've bought several games supposedly as new but I'm thinking now they are resealed. I put a post on the forum about overlays in the boxes. Someone suggests that they are resealed boxes but I just can't wrap my head around that as they have tons of this stuff. Where would they get the near mint boxes and cartridges? I even put pictures on the post and they don't look like they were punched out of anything. Any of you 5200 gurus seen this before or can confirm these are legit or resealed?

Hey there, I've listened to all of the podcasts and several times you guys talked about buying stuff from Venezuela. I've bought several games supposedly as new but I'm thinking now they are resealed. I put a post on the forum about overlays in the boxes. Someone suggests that they are resealed boxes but I just can't wrap my head around that as they have tons of this stuff. Where would they get the near mint boxes and cartridges? I even put pictures on the post and they don't look like they were punched out of anything. Any of you 5200 gurus seen this before or can confirm these are legit or resealed?

Do you have any pictures of what you bought? So far everything that I have bought from more than one Venezuelan seller has been legit.

Do you have any pictures of what you bought? So far everything that I have bought from more than one Venezuelan seller has been legit.

Here's a few pictures. 5 total games purchased from the same seller. The Rescue on Fractalus and Missile Command are the exact contents. No overlay for Fractalus. The overlay for Missile Command was in the slots on the cartridge. It does not appear to have been cut. The board is from the Ballblazer, which does not work at all nor was an overlay included with that game. The seller is going to replace it. Pacman and Soccer were the same as Missile Command with just one overlay attached to the cartridge.

Thoughts?

Here's a few pictures. 5 total games purchased from the same seller. The Rescue on Fractalus and Missile Command are the exact contents. No overlay for Fractalus. The overlay for Missile Command was in the slots on the cartridge. It does not appear to have been cut. The board is from the Ballblazer, which does not work at all nor was an overlay included with that game. The seller is going to replace it. Pacman and Soccer were the same as Missile Command with just one overlay attached to the cartridge.

Thoughts?

post-51379-0-47714000-1515374409_thumb.jpg

post-51379-0-99455000-1515374420_thumb.jpg

post-51379-0-16361700-1515374443_thumb.jpg

post-51379-0-83494100-1515374454_thumb.jpg

post-51379-0-64299800-1515374463_thumb.jpg

post-51379-0-84353600-1515374473_thumb.jpg