IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

My most recent find?

This past Saturday, found the following at one of the biggest flea markets in this area:

Game Controllers:

-Wico Boss

-Gemstick

-Archer joystick (possibly PC?)

-Unknown joystick (no name..just serial number)

Total $4

INTV Boxed

-Basketball (Sears Super Video Arcade variation)

-Space Battle (Sears Super Video Arcade variation)

-Auto Racing (Sears Super Video Arcade variation)

-NHL Hockey

Total $10

NES

-Donkey Kong 3

-Ninja Gaiden II

-Legend of Zelda

Total $10

Grand Total: $24

Last Friday at the Salvation Army Thrift Store I found:

NES boxed

-Heavy Barrel

-Blades of Steel

-Double Dribble

I'm checking the flea market one more time. They have some boxed MNetwork games that I passed on.

Finds have been getting better around here. :D

I found a boxed Eli's Ladder' date=' 15 lab-loaners, a gold plated six switcher ..... oh wait that was a dream. :P

The only thing cool I found during thrift hunting this weekend was a copy of Life magazine issued the day I was born. :)[/quote']

That reminds me of when I went camping one time, we got a bunch of old Newspapers and one was a COMPLETE paper of the day I was Born.Thank god we found it before it was turned to ashes.

SNES

Mega Man x

DiddyKong's Quest

Killer Instinct

Mario Kart

NES

Bad News Baseball

Bad Street Brawler

Bill and Ted's Video Game Adventure

and Bayou Billy

{Apparently, someone got rid of all the "B" games in their collection}

All for a buck a piece.

Plus, I got some other stupid 80's science fiction LP's.

SNES:

Secret of Mana

Super Marioworld

World Class Rugby

F-Zero

Ultraman

Super Mario Allstars

(PAL)

£4 for the six :D

Oh and my girlfriends dad found a boxed Commodore Amiga A500 at the Rubbish TIP!! when he was taking their old TV there, it was boxed and everything, with a zipstick pro, mouse, RF A520 box, RF lead, PSU etc. Cleaned it up, looks excellent, and it WORKS PERFECTLY! except I cant get the joystick ports to work.... FREE!!!! :D

Went on a couple day vacation to the coast last weekend with the wife/kids. Stopped at junk shops/garage sales along the way. Got 49 2600 carts, 2 sets of paddles (1 set unused in box), 4 joysticks, and a PS for $5.00 at one place. Got a Threshold cart, 2 different label Lost Luggage carts, and a bunch of others. There were also 4 Colecovision carts and 2 Intelevision carts in the box. I also got several slot car sets, train sets, and a bunch of books along the way. I listed a bunch of stuff on eBay and have already paid for most of the trip!

Last weekend I came across a stall with lots of game stuff. Most of it was boring, but there was an Atari 400 in there. Unfortunately the person that usually runs the computer games part of the stall wasn't there and I thought the price that was being quoted for an Atari 400 in very grubby condition with no power supply was a little on the high side. Then it started raining. I gave it a miss.

Today I'm riding around and I spot a garage sale sign. Almost didn't go. I mention video games when I get there and I'm taken to a storage shed out the back. I recognise the stuff and it turns out it's that guy!

Long story short, Atari 400, six carts (all that classic shades of brown style) A$50. A bit pricey, especially since I don't know if the 400 works, but I've not seen that many Atari 8-bit carts in one place for quite a while.

So, what's the polarity and voltage for power on a 400?

IMO Krisjohn, that was a pretty steep price for an Atari 8 Bit Computer, I'm sure theirs some info somewhere around, theirs an Atari 400/800 FAQ around if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, Today was a fairly large day for swapmeets, which I seen kirsjohn at 2/3 I went to. Picked Up:

Boxed Sega Master System 2 With Couple of Games: A$20

MS Publisher 3.0 for Windows 95 (For my Laptop) A$5

All in all a fairly good day today, have had better though. 8)

Today

Boxed rainbow islands, sms

Race drivin, One of those big square U.S snes carts

Theres so much stuff that ive had to pass up the last few weeks, I am completely out of room. If anyone lives in Brissy, come and take some of this crap out of my house! Pity this place is full of sellers :(, and crims :)

Theres so much stuff that ive had to pass up the last few weeks, I am completely out of room. If anyone lives in Brissy, come and take some of this crap out of my house! Pity this place is full of sellers :(, and crims :)

Similarly, if anyone in Perth wants some consoles or anything else large, I've got stuff packed so tight that I can't find a damn thing anymore. I'll give you a SMS, SNES or Mega Drive if you come to buy my spare ColecoVision or XEGS. Heck, we can even hook up one of my spare Atari 2600 JRs to see if it works and you can have that plus half a dozen of my duplicate 2600 carts if you buy enough other stuff to empty a box. PM me.

Yesterday I picked up:

Commodore 128: Good cosmetic condition with PSU unit. Tested and non working :( £2 / $3.20

Amiga 500: Very dirty, but cleaned up and looks excellent! Came with PSU, and two manuals. Works perfectly. £5 / $8

Super Turrican 2 (SNES): Very good condition, in box with manual and inner tray. Cart mint. £4 / $6.50

Mega Drive 1: Poor cosmetic condition, with all leads, two games, PGA Golf 3 © and Fifa 98 (CIB) £2 / $3.20

Mega Drive 1 & Mega CD 2: Excellent cosmetic condition, came with 2 pads, (one regular, one 6 button), boxed mega cd part, with no inners. Warranty card. All leads. Works perfectly. Also came with a mint boxed with instructions Game Genie, and some extra joysticks and pads. Came with an extra game "Final Fight CD" (CIB) & mint. £10 / $16

6 SMS games: 6 mint boxed games, complete. 50p each / 80c each

Mega Drive 1: Good cosmetic condition, came with 6 boxed games, all have instructions, and very good condition, but 4 missing sleeves. £5 / $8

Atari 520 ST E: Very good cosmetic condition, came with mouse, needs kettle lead. Works perfectly. £2 / $3.20

Space Hulk 3D Games Workshop Board Game: Mostly complete. Boxed. £1.50 / $2.40

etc etc :)

[/b]

Similarly, if anyone in Perth wants some consoles or anything else large, I've got stuff packed so tight that I can't find a damn thing anymore. I'll give you a SMS, SNES or Mega Drive if you come to buy my spare ColecoVision or XEGS. Heck, we can even hook up one of my spare Atari 2600 JRs to see if it works and you can have that plus half a dozen of my duplicate 2600 carts if you buy enough other stuff to empty a box. PM me.

My biggest problem is when i am at a market or thrift store and see a box full of carts and a console I find it easier and cheaper to buy the lot. With this if ended up with too many consoles and this is the space killer. If you are at a flea market and tell the seller, "i only want the carts" they seem to realize that they have more than just a box and tend to price everything seperately.

Let's see. The auctions I've won in the past day and a half...

Super NES Control Deck Tester

Genesis Ristar

Genesis Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (With box and manual.)

With those last two, I'm well on my way to collecting the entire Mega Collection without the GameCube factor... all I need is Sonic 3.

Yesterday I picked up:

Commodore 128: Good cosmetic condition with PSU unit. Tested and non working :( £2 / $3.20

invision if you will... Mini-ITX experiment

And what else would you run on it but a C=128 emulator :D

I have a few dead C=64's laying aroung I'd love to do this to

Yesterday I picked up:

invision if you will... Mini-ITX experiment

And what else would you run on it but a C=128 emulator :D

I have a few dead C=64's laying aroung I'd love to do this to

I had thought of doing this with a dead Apple IIe. I already have an LC III with a IIe card in it. So, why not? All I'd need to do is get my hands on a dead IIe.