IGNORED

In need of CorComp FDC pics...

pcoderdude14

Hey there, All!

I am trying to fix a CC DS/DD FDC and am in need of some clear pictures of the full assembled card, so that I know for sure if I have the ICs placed right, on the card.

I have searched everywhere I can think of on the internet and have only found one website (from France) that has my card.

Also...if anyone can help me fix this card it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance...

Jt

what are the symptoms of the card?

The card's LED "blinks" when the FDC is accessed. The error message I get when I try to access a file, using it, is "I/O ERROR 00".

I have tried using TI EXT BASIC module, and, access it thru "autoboot" to DSK1, without any success either. Just the "blink' of the

LED , and, then ...nothing.

Jt

I have seen this error with bad drives, dirty cartidge ports and even a bad cartridge expander. I myself chased it for a couple.of hours before I figured out it was my cart expander.

If you have a different drive definitely try to swap it out. Also if there is a speech attached remove it. Maybe reseat your flex interface card too..

Hey All! :-)

you will note he stated 'when i run extended basic it just flashes the card light'

it could be a drive issue? is this a known good drive? how it it cabled?

pictures/

Greg

I have two drives, right now, hooked up to a WORKING Ti-FDC. Both drives work...one if on the "card-edge" connector, and, the other is on the 34-pin connector.

When I try the CC FDC , that when I get the "I/O ERROR 00", and, absolutedly NO movement from the drives. Although,...when I "reversed" the cable on the "card edge" connector...(turned it upside down),...both drives LIT UP and stayed "ON" (the lights of the drives did, NOT the motors of same).

So...I am thinking that I AM getting "power" to the drives THRU the CC FDC; I AM getting some working ICs in the CCFDC (the "flash" of the LED light, on the FDC); ...and, I KNOW that I have working floppy drives.

So...(I guess) ... it must be the CHIPS (ICs) or the wiring of the CC FDC.

Am I close?

Happy New Year, 2018, to you guys, by the way

Jt

Hey there!

Well...after looking at the LAYOUT of my card, to the great PIC mizapf posted,...I realize that someone had been "experimenting" with the card, appparently. The crystal in the lower left-hand corner of the card HAS BEEN MOVED! I don't know what (or why) this was done to the card, but, now I guess that is probably where I am getting problems with the card.

I don't have any oscilloscope, so I have no way to test if the crystal "circuit" is even functioning, or, not....

Anybody got any ideas? My first idea was to just RE-solder all the crystal "circuit" where it is suppose to be. Sound like a good idea?

Jt

Hey there!

Well...after looking at the LAYOUT of my card, to the great PIC mizapf posted,...I realize that someone had been "experimenting" with the card, appparently. The crystal in the lower left-hand corner of the card HAS BEEN MOVED! I don't know what (or why) this was done to the card, but, now I guess that is probably where I am getting problems with the card.

I don't have any oscilloscope, so I have no way to test if the crystal "circuit" is even functioning, or, not....

Anybody got any ideas? My first idea was to just RE-solder all the crystal "circuit" where it is suppose to be. Sound like a good idea?

Jt

Hi, do you have any pictures ?

Hey again...

Oh...btw...

Does anyone have a list / schematic of the CC - FDC that show WHAT the capacitors, resistors, ICs, etc...are, since all of them seem to be "

labelled on the card.

Thanks,...in advance...

Jt

Hah, good luck there!

Unless something has popped up in the last couple of years (that I've been missing) I've never ever heard of anyone with a schematic of pretty much anything CorComp.

I have yet another CorComp FDC, different that the two already posted.

Although, the one with the two push-button switches has got me intrigued, never seen a CC-FDC with that arrangement. Any more info on that guy??

I'll try to snap a couple of pic's of my (I'm guessing prototype or very early design) CC-FDC. FWIW, it doesn't work either. And actually, almost sounds like the problem I had with mine. Let me dig that out.

Will be back...

-Dano

Here's my ugly duckling:

Totally don't remember how to attach thumbnails here... sorry if these come across gigantic.

Plus I keep getting logged out while typing my messages, WTH?!?!?

Third try... Is there something going on with AA tonight?

-Dano

Ok, WTF!!!

Why are my images getting jacked? And why is this so difficult???

Are you not hitting the 'add to post button' ???

-M@

I don't have "add to post button", I have "Post" and "More Reply Options".

Since there's no add attachment, I'm just dragging and dropping. I see my photo in the post, but soon as I hit "POST", I get that stupid error. !@#$$@#$!@#$

I think the rules are unique per forum, so that's the 'this community' part... In another thread they mentioned that the development forum has different aging rules for editing...

Just throwing questions out there... You're website was built on a MAC, is your mac using .jpeg instead of .jpg? And is atariage stupid about that?

-M@