IGNORED

Show your collection!

GenetixJ

This is my collection. I just moved into a new place and I get the basement! I plan on hiding the insulation with faux wood siding that I can tack up soon- I don't want to pay retail for something that is just hiding insulation in the basement.

I would like to make a set of hanging shelves from the rafters- they would hang down against the concrete wall and be about 6" deep (15.25 centimeters for our metric brethren). I would like them around the entire basement so they can display the collection in one swoop, but this is still pending. Note: the quart jar of dimes is meant for Spiker. I need one more jar to have the proper funds.

Bonus: does anyone know the game board in the bottom left? Double points if you actually play it.

post-42177-0-89527300-1489536762_thumb.jpg

Edited by GenetixJ
  • Like 2

nope! Not Reversi nor Othello nor any other named variant.

Try again! Hint: The game company "atari" took its name from this game.

Lid you are not allowed to answer.

It's Reversi (aka Othello). I don't actually play it (no double points :))

Thanks Hankster it is Go. The controller was in a boxed lot I found on Facebook, it had been for sale for over 3 months and had two price drops. It was the first for sale post when I search intellivision on Facebook trying to find a FB group that was posted on this site. Dumb luck.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I finally broke down and sold enough extras to buy an old cabinet and the materials to restore it so I could keep my collection all in one place...

I first had to rebuild the feet to hold it off the floor. It only had 2 original feet left so I placed them up front where they could be seen.

01.jpg

I had to add new glass to the left and right sides of the case and install new holder clips to keep the panes in place.

02.jpg

The center double pane panel was in great shape but I had to replace the bottom track that it slides across.

03.jpg

The top drawer already had a felt liner and spacers that just happen to fit carts. I keep my extra loose carts in these.

04.jpg

The drawers were intact but I needed to rebuild the center slider boards they attach to and move across. The center drawer is able to store my system boxes.

05.jpg

I use the bottom drawer to hold my ECS. The box does not fit so it and my Music Synthesizer stay on top of the unit.

06.jpg

The right and left side of the drawers slide open and are used to store my extras for sale / trade.

07.jpg

I use the other side to store an extra Intellivision II unit and my extra FOR COLOR TV VIEWING ONLY box variants along with a few other spares.

08.jpg

I thought the wood was going to need sanded and stained but it turned out only a good cleaning with wood polish was needed to restore the finish. That saved a MASSIVE amount of work!

The entire project cost less than $150 and was completely paid for by selling off extra games here and on eBay. Now I have a place to store my system, 121 games (not counting homebrews) and my main console near the old TV I use for play. The biggest advantage here is I no longer have to dust my game boxes or their box protectors.

• Like 10

This is my collection. I just moved into a new place and I get the basement! I plan on hiding the insulation with faux wood siding that I can tack up soon- I don't want to pay retail for something that is just hiding insulation in the basement.

I would like to make a set of hanging shelves from the rafters- they would hang down against the concrete wall and be about 6" deep (15.25 centimeters for our metric brethren). I would like them around the entire basement so they can display the collection in one swoop, but this is still pending. Note: the quart jar of dimes is meant for Spiker. I need one more jar to have the proper funds.

Bonus: does anyone know the game board in the bottom left? Double points if you actually play it.

How on Earth did you ever find a boxed Inty II controller?

Edited by bikeguychicago

I've got my entire collection pics posted in the other main thread..but here are the shots that show most of my Intelly games. However, these pics are now over a year old and there have been quite a few changes since...

Here is a closeup of the lower shelves in a large bookcase where most of the CIB games are...

post-6-0-29173100-1515606240_thumb.jpg

Here is a shot of the bookcase as it stands in the game room to give you an idea on sense of scale...

post-6-0-07631200-1515606470_thumb.jpg

I also have a large display case I modified for displaying most of my loose games. Here is part of that case being shown for scale. This is on the opposite wall from the other one. This too has changed as more items added or moved around since this was taken..but you get the idea.

post-6-0-52832700-1515606450_thumb.jpg

here is a closeup of this display case. The Intellivision loose games are in the lower right of the pic. You can see my CIB Diner there to give you an idea. I now have the LTO and Sydney Hunter in this section but didn't have those items at the time this was originally taken.

post-6-0-69079600-1515606251_thumb.jpg

Guess I need to take some new pics ehh?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-
  • Like 6

I have to keep my collection contained to half a bedroom, so I don't have a lot of duplicates or ephemera. I have a small bookshelf for my Intellivision games, and a larger one for everything else.

post-47483-0-51295200-1515612889_thumb.jpeg

post-47483-0-68827100-1515613034_thumb.jpeg

Before anyone asks, no, it isn't one of the TutorPros.

post-47483-0-32129700-1515613102_thumb.jpeg

I ran out of room in the game case, so my homebrews live with the DS games. The LTO isn't mine, it just lives here for the time being.

• Like 3

Impressive collection!

I'm curious about the Go For The Gold poster. Is that from back in the day or something recent? I haven't see one of those before.

The nixie tube clock is awesome looking. I've kicked around the idea of getting or even building one. Does it get hot or stay reasonably cool?

Lastly, have you checked your Super Pro System to see if it is has Tutorvision internals?

• Like 1

Nope, not a Tutorvision. I haven't opened it up, but it has a plastic heat shield, a low serial number (7003), and the startup screen is wrong.

That Go For the Gold thing is one of the few really unusual things I have. It's a box art proof. Intellivision Productions has two or three in good condition, and they had two with heavy damage they were just going to throw away. Steve Roney told me I could keep one, and someone else took the other. I flattened it out as best I could, but it has water damage on one side and a piece is torn off on one of the bottom corners.

Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 6

The nixie tube clock is awesome looking. I've kicked around the idea of getting or even building one. Does it get hot or stay reasonably cool?

No..the nixie clock doesn't really seem to get hot at all honestly. Though I don't know for sure since it lives in that glass display case. I bought that from nuvitron but it wasn't cheap. And while it does look really awesome, it does drift quite a bit on time. About 2min per week give or take. But I've noticed that most of the clocks in the house that plug into the AC drift. I'm guessing it has to do with the 125 - 127v that I get from most of the outlets in the house. They have newer models of these clocks that cost the same I paid for mine, but now have more easy to remove tubes for replacements if needed, additional electronics for more features and backlit LEDs behind the tubes. I'm guessing Nuvitron just uses the standard nixie tube kits and most of the cost is in their custom enclosures the clocks are in.