IGNORED

Jedi Gauntlet Demo

Opry99er

And it is TI BASIC, so by definition, it is compiler compliant.

:D

I mean the nuances like not having any subprograms (GOSUB) or if something equals something then something else equals something else (if/then/else statements that do not goto another line number)

etc...etc...

But since you don't want me to post a compiled version, I won't attempt to compile it. Didn't mean to step out of bounds. I'll leave it alone.

Let me sort of explain myself here, because it sounds like I am coming off as a d***.

I started off doing this game specifically for a tape release, and a tape release only, no cartridge required... bare console and tape. Some time after development started, the idea came up to use a memory dump to turn it into a cartridge game, put out on the 64k Guidry boards. Both the cassette and cartridge would work on an unexpanded TI, so I was cool with that.

It morphed into well, it may be possible to use UberGROM to include the TEII speech capabilities and this was exciting because the user could definitely still do this with an unexpanded TI.

Long story short, I could have easily used XB with super-rich features and multi-statement lines, etc to make this game, but I kept it, well, BASIC... because I wanted to make sure this game would play on bare metal.

So, I dont mind someone compiling it for their own use, but I dont want a version out that is incompatible with my original intent, because it would not be my game. I would go away from the soul of the project.

So, Im not trying to be possessive, Im not trying to be a d***, but I put s ton of time and effort into making a program that will play on a bare console, and I respectfully request that nobody post a version that alters my design. Please.

:)

BTW, I only know one way to make a BASIC cartridge dump... and I think it only makes one kind of cartridge image at the current time.

• Like 1

I mean the nuances like not having any subprograms (GOSUB) or if something equals something then something else equals something else (if/then/else statements that do not goto another line number)

etc...etc...

But since you don't want me to post a compiled version, I won't attempt to compile it. Didn't mean to step out of bounds. I'll leave it alone.

You didnt step out of bounds, dude. :)

Im actually flattered that youd want to put work into the game. :)

Shoot me a PM and lets see if we can fiddle with some delay loops to make the speed close to the same as the original with a compiled version we can use for testing purposes. I see great value in that

• Like 1

Cool. I wasn't sure if there was some unspoken rule I poked at by offering to compile it so I just wanted to back out as fast as I could. I completely understand and respect your wishes, thank you for explaining.

I'm currently just looking for a way to invert your inverted bin. If there is an easy way to do it without a compiler so to speak, then not only would it work on multiple cards, including the UBER, but it will stick with your original intent as well. So if that's possible, then win/win and i think it is, i just don't know the process. So off to searching I go.

EDIT - Found this! I'll let you know how it worked.
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243629-okie-dokey-smokey-any-ideas-burning-eeproms/?p=3344112

EDIT: IT WORKED! I'll send you the bin.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

BTW, I only know one way to make a BASIC cartridge dump... and I think it only makes one kind of cartridge image at the current time.

I'm currently just looking for a way to invert your inverted bin. If there is an easy way to do it without a compiler so to speak, then not only would it work on multiple cards, including the UBER, but it will stick with your original intent as well. So if that's possible, then win/win and i think it is, i just don't know the process. So off to searching I go.

I tried manually inverting the 2 banks, but the resulting file did not work. I am not sure what to make of that, but we could manually make a non-inverted cartridge BIN by dumping VDP RAM, Pad RAM and the VDP registers and, then, writing the ALC scaffold to start up the cartridge, copy back all of the RAM and registers and start the program.

...lee

I just tried your demo as well (the BASIC one, not the cartridge version), and obviously it doesn't contain any speech, nor any higher-level stuff. What would you imagine the speech output in this game to be?

The speech will be quoting each level title, plus some interesting things during gameplay.

The speech will be quoting each level title, plus some interesting things during gameplay.

Oh, I have a speech synth I am not getting any voices at all (no speech) - I'll have to try with the program file instead of this NON-INVERTED bin file that works on the FG99!

And also keeps to the spirit of your project.

JediCart3.BIN

My first time completing it. I see now that to get the highest possible score you have to use the least amount of Jedi force as possible on each level.

This was fun. Although, the Millenium Falcon doesn't have a Warp Vortex Stabilizer, but that's OK, this is an alternate SW universe where "Luke Skywalker had never visited Yoda in the Degobah system".

Source:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vortex_stabilizer

Very well done. I really like it. would love to see more.

post-47352-0-39184700-1516473513_thumb.jpg

NOTE: Notice the FG99 - works great with the new bin. :)

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Adding the speech is trivial...

With the TE2 cartridge plugged in,

100 OPEN #1:SPEECH, OUTPUT
110 PRINT #1:I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING

Again, my quotation marks are removed for some reason I cant figure out.

Here is what happens with choosing a few different code types:

Making no choice:

100 OPEN #1:"SPEECH", OUTPUT
110 PRINT #1:"I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING" 

Choosing "None":

Choosing "PHP/Generic/Auto Detect":

Choosing "Javascript":

...lee

w

Oh, I have a speech synth I am not getting any voices at all (no speech) - I'll have to try with the program file instead of this NON-INVERTED bin file that works on the FG99!

And also keeps to the spirit of your project.

icon_smile.gif

attachicon.gifJediCart3.BIN

Works great! rename it to jedicart8.bin tho

Greg

Here is what happens with choosing a few different code types:

Making no choice:

Choosing "None":
Choosing "PHP/Generic/Auto Detect":
Choosing "Javascript":
...lee

Even when I simply put quotes in a regular post without a code tag, it does this.

There should be quotes around this sentence

-I can see them while editing, but when I hit post, they go away.

Classic99 (v398) will not run any of the inverted inverted (normal) BINs—either my manual one or the ones you posted, @Sinphaltimus. Even setting up classic99.ini with a usercart entry doesn't do it. I did notice that one of the two banks does not have a startup signature, so maybe Classic99 is looking at the wrong bank. Oh, well...

...lee