IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 2 ~ Battlezone

Vocelli

I find a good method is to roll your tank bankwards continuously. When you see two enemies on your radar, center yourself so they are on either side of you and there are no tanks directly behind you that can shoot you in the back. When you're in a position where you're facing a tank head-on, move backwards and to the left out of their line of fire. This way, when the enemy tank shoots, the shot will look like it's rolling off to the side from your perspective. You can then go in for the kill because the enemy tank takes a few seconds before it can fire again.

When the yellow tanks show up....I keep the enemy tanks at 11 o'clock and 2 o'clock and go in reverse. When I hear the enemy shoot.... I keep going backwards until the bullet passes in front of me...then I turn and shoot back.

Great tips!

Game 1: 165,000

post-2641-0-13400500-1516678288.png

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 2

116000 NORMAL

Battlezone is 80% luck 20% skill. That's how I can get 39K in one game and 116K the very next game. It all comes down to which targets appear and where and if they get off fast enough cheap shots on you. As said before backing up is the best strategy there is. Also, I try to keep the pink UFOs on the screen in later levels to eat up radar space so the tanks can't gang up on me.

I've beat my personal high score already so I've likely peaked this week.

:spidey:

post-409-0-32035900-1516746283_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Battlezone is 80% luck 20% skill. That's how I can get 39K in one game and 116K the very next game. It all comes down to which targets appear and where and if they get off fast enough cheap shots on you. As said before backing up is the best strategy there is. Also, I try to keep the pink UFOs on the screen in later levels to eat up radar space so the tanks can't gang up on me.

Yeah, the cheap-shot aspect of it really bothers me. In a sit-and-spin game, you can get shot from behind before scoring any points, or get to 30,000 on your first tank, then lose everything in rapid succession. Some games will send missile after missile, others you'll never even see one. The difficulty ramping needed to be tweaked a lot more before this thing hit the shelves.

• Like 1

GAME 1

31,000. First time plating this. I had always been a big fan of Activisions Robot Tank. I like this game but prefer Robot Tank. By they way, how do you dodge enemy fire? I can seem to get out of the way fast enough.

post-60805-0-27670200-1516833013_thumb.jpg

Edited by RetroGameCovers
  • Like 1