IGNORED

RetroN 77

jeremiahjt

It's in backwards though. For Atari 2600 regulars, it's not going to feel right and mistakes are going to happen when one tries to insert a cartridge in the conventional manner.

Hopefully Hyperkin sticks with how it has always been handled, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel by reversing it.

• Like 1

I guess I'll just buy a RetroN 77 AND a duplicate of every cart I want to play on it. Boxed copies should suffice...Then a Label/sticker making apparatus...Oh and a new bucket from Menard's, Then I will soak each cart to get the original label off, after removing the PCB of course,...After opening each one I mean,...then I will find the files online and print duplicate labels for each game...Then I will label them the way God intended except only after I've 3D printed the cases to be made this new Reverse way and, secretly of course Only I will know which shelf in my Atari room has the New RetroN Games and which ones are the old timers...EASY!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

It will teach them "alternative facts." For example, there was a brief period of time when my child thought that Super Mario World was a ripoff of Lep's World. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THAT WORLD

Well maybe Leps's World came first in a parallel universe, or Dr. They has collectively erased all of our minds and we only think Super Mario is original.

My design solved the label issue, and in fact improved on the original design I think.

You can clearly see the carts artwork now. It's a no-brainer.

Does anyone know what the photoshopped buttons are on the original and Flashback controller?

Has anyone mentioned anywhere if the box is user upgrade friendly? E.G. New bankswitching addition for instance.

Does anyone know what the photoshopped buttons are on the original and Flashback controller?

They are the color/b&w and game select buttons missing from the console (the original design anyways)

My design can be upgraded easily but is already compatible with all Atari homebrews, and every console made before and including the Xbox 360.

Plus you can clearly see the label art-work right-side-up!! I'm telling you this is the design we all want!!

• Like 1

It's in backwards though. For Atari 2600 regulars, it's not going to feel right and mistakes are going to happen when one tries to insert a cartridge in the conventional manner.

You're right. Atari fans are too stupid to put a cart in correctly.

You're right. Atari fans are too stupid to put a cart in correctly.

No, but when you've been inserting a 2600 cartridge in one manner for decades, your mind is trained to do it that way. So why not stick with that, especially if something could break if you absent mindedly attempt to put one in backwards one day?

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

No, but when you've been inserting a 2600 cartridge in one manner for decades, your mind is trained to do it that way. So why not stick with that, especially if something could break if you absent mindedly attempt to put one in backwards one day?

Chicks dig it.

• Like 2

No, but when you've been inserting a 2600 cartridge in one manner for decades, your mind is trained to do it that way.

So why not stick with that? If one wants to admire the label art, can't they do that while holding the cartridge in their hands?

Exactly! It's course of habit. We've been conditioned to do it this way for a long time now..Putting the cart slot into the correct orientation shouldn't be too hard...

It's like when a company makes a clone console,...Sure they could change which one is the A Button and which is the B Button,..But why would you?

If they're trying to bring to mind the good memories of the old Ataris...I don't see why they'd do it this way. And yes I am placing more importance on this than perhaps I should, but hopefully in a comically exaggerated way, to prove a point (and make it stick :)

• Like 3