IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 3 ~ Wizard of Wor/Time Pilot

Vocelli

Wizard of Wor

Game 1

Score: 9500

Difficulty: B/B

I never had this game as a kid, nor had I heard of it until I started getting into retro Atari stuff as an adult. This was my best score after 30 minutes of practice. It's a fun game. I gotta find a way to beat the wizard.

post-47498-0-25826500-1517224606_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DanielJSorenson
  • Like 1

Time Pilot

Game 1

Score: 12200

I never had this one as a kid. I think I may have heard about it, but I don't ever remember playing it in the arcade nor on any console. I like the concept of the game - anything involving time travel is neat to me - but the controls are really weird and counterintuitive for me. Here's my submission after 30 minutes of practice. Most of my deaths were caused by crashing into another airplane.

post-47498-0-21804100-1517227798_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Can't play Wizard of War, the right joystick port on the VCS doesn't work. So I guess I'll have to get a lot better at Time Pilot. The HSC was the first place I played Time Pilot a million years ago, so it feels very natural to be at it again, only this time I have the actual cart!

post-409-0-08082100-1517252128_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good job Leto! I can't believe I was that close and died. It was the Wizard that did me in right at the end. Plenty of time for me to roll it.

I remember we once had set that every score over a certain percentage (possibly 98%) was considered a rolled score for the HSC.

If that still holds, your 98,500 will get 1st place as every rolled score.

• Like 1

Wizard of Wor - 15900

Time Pilot - 15800

Hey everyone, guess its that time again and no ones holding back. especially Leto, your scores are quite impressive I must say. so that's why I'm throwing my hat in the ring. before school was the reason I couldn't keep up with week to week scores and its true that still might be the case, but I am going to try my best to stay at the top. here are my first scores of the season because I forgot to post the past two weeks lol. still kinda learning the games so ill get there eventually. :-D :-D :-D oh and sorry for the pics being sideways ill fix that in the rest of my scores.

post-33984-0-25966800-1517278480_thumb.jpg

post-33984-0-54922100-1517278522_thumb.jpg

Edited by gamerguy99
  • Like 3

Wizard of Wor

Game 1

Score: 13700

Played another 30 minutes today and bettered my score from yesterday. I do have to say that I like this game better than Time Pilot - even though the concept of Time Pilot is cool. I managed to get the Wizard *once* this time, so that's what accounts for today's score being higher than yesterday's.

post-47498-0-12830500-1517306082_thumb.jpeg

After reading a manual for Time Pilot that I found elsewhere online (AtariAge doesn't have a scan of it! :-o ), I'm not super enthusiastic about it for scores.

Basically:

• 100 points for basic planes/helicopters/saucers/etc
  • 3000 points for special enemies that warp you to the next era

Since you're not forced to shoot a special ship to progress to the next era, I don't really see a reason to move beyond 1910 aka the first screen. It would be super tedious and boring, but that's your best chance to rack up big scores since those are the easiest enemies to destroy and you'll live a lot longer. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any scoring incentive to progress to more difficult stages.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that you just sit in 1910 and farm the non-boss planes? The rule used to be no farming, but I don't know what the current rules are. For the sake of sanity and having a life, I would suggest this is the least effective way to get a high score.