IGNORED

Magician Master for Intellivision (Proof of Concept) My First Project

ColecoGamer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have decided to redraw the Magician Master sprite from scratch. The original concept for the Magician Master sprite can be seen earlier in this thread.

I have included the old sprite so everyone can compare it to the new one:

Old Magician Master Sprite:

post-49476-0-66380200-1520625103_thumb.jpeg

New Magician Master Sprite:

post-49476-0-25322800-1520625200.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the kind words and praise; it really helps on days when I encounter bumps in the designing process!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone,

Magician Master is still alive and well. Work has kept me busy these past couple of months, so I haven’t been able to devote as much time to the project as I would like. The good news: I’ll have more time to work on the project now that Summer is almost here. I’m real excited about this project, and I can’t wait to really work on it from a programming perspective. :)

When the time is right, I will post a new WIP thread in the Inty programming forum.

Until then!

• Like 4

Hey Everyone,

Magician Master is still alive and well. Work has kept me busy these past couple of months, so I havent been able to devote as much time to the project as I would like. The good news: Ill have more time to work on the project now that Summer is almost here. Im real excited about this project, and I cant wait to really work on it from a programming perspective. :)

When the time is right, I will post a new WIP thread in the Inty programming forum.

Until then!

Excellent news, looking forward to hearing more about this ??

• Like 1

Excellent news, looking forward to hearing more about this

Im elated to hear that people are still excited about my project. :) Speaking of the project: I need to invest in an LTO Flash cartridge so I can test my work (as it progresses) on real hardware. But more than that - I look forward to the inty communitys feedback and/or suggestions on Magician Master, as it develops and shapes into the game we all want to play.

Edited: Fixed Spelling

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 2

Im elated to hear that people are still excited about my project. :) Speaking of the project: I need to invest in an LTO Flash cartridge so I can test my work (as it progresses) on real hardware. But more than that - I look forward to the inty communitys feedback and/or suggestions on Magician Master, as it develops and shapes into the game we all want to play.

Edited: Fixed Spelling

Testing on the console is great and all (and you will need to do it eventually), but using jzIntv during development should be sufficient and will take you 95% of the way there. You should get an LTO Flash! -- it's just that you shouldn't let the absence of one stop you from implementing your game.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Testing on the console is great and all (and you will need to do it eventually), but using jzIntv during development should be sufficient and will take you 95% of the way there. You should get an LTO Flash! -- it's just that you shouldn't let the absence of one stop you from implementing your game.

-dZ.

I agree, dZ. Work will begin on the project long before I purchase an LTO Flash cartridge. Buying one is in the cards, but not in the immediate future. I have spent a considerable amount of my gaming funds on new releases (i.e. Intellivision, Coleco, Atari Jaguar, etc), and there are more games I plan on adding to my collection before I purchase an LTO. But it’s good to know that I don’t need an LTO right away to work on this project. :)

I agree, dZ. Work will begin on the project long before I purchase an LTO Flash cartridge. Buying one is in the cards, but not in the immediate future. I have spent a considerable amount of my gaming funds on new releases (i.e. Intellivision, Coleco, Atari Jaguar, etc), and there are more games I plan on adding to my collection before I purchase an LTO. But it’s good to know that I don’t need an LTO right away to work on this project. :)

jzIntv is not perfect, but it's nearly so in any practical sense. Besides, it aims to be the most accurate Intellivision emulator and of course, the built-in debugger makes it an indispensable part of any nutritious and balanced breakfast developer's toolkit. Personally, I find it more productive to do test-build-run cycles on my workstation using jzIntv than swapping ROMs back and forth on a flash-cart and testing them on the real hardware. I leave that to the final "integration" or "play-testing" cycles, or for testing parts that require some particular aspect of the hardware which jzIntv does not simulate well like, say, hand-controller debouncing filters and decoding heuristics to compensate for noisy or faulty input signals.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and everyone has their own style of working. I just find it exceedingly convenient to do all my development in an integrated environment prior to "promoting" it to the console. :)

(This advertisement has been brought to you by the jzIntv Fan Club. :lol: Seriously, I just really like the emulator/debugger.)

-dZ.

• Like 1