IGNORED

Graphics Viewer

Roydea6

I also do not understand the polish language. But here is what I found out while using the program so far. The Projector is a gfx viewer for various gfx formats. It starts with an intro and a polish manual. When "Wczytac Intro ?" appears you can press "T" (tak=yes) to load the intro and N (nie=no) to skip the intro and go directly to the viewer. Think I created a shorter version without the intro part (length approx. 50 sectors), but one still has to press the "N" key to load the viewer - someone else can do this better I guess...

The Projector can display gfx in the following formats:

Gr. 9+11 (APP, APC, AP3, ILC; where APC is Apac format with 62 sectors, ILC is interlaced Gr. 9+11 with 123 or 124 sectors, APP is afaik the same as AP2 or the dutch Paint 256 format with 62 sectors and AP3 is either compressed Apac or compressed APP/AP2/dutch Paint 256)

Gr.8 (standard 320x192 b+w picture)

HIP (30 greyscales only or 30 luminances of one colour, e.g. 30 greens or 30 blues, etc.)

MIC (standard Gr. 15, with 62 sectors, 7684 bytes, 4 colours)

PIC (Gr. 15 compressed Koala/Micro-Illustrator, 4 colours)

PLM (plama, afaik another 256 colour format)

RGB (RLE-compressed R,G,B pics from Colourview, Apacview or Jview; can be Gr. 8 RGB, Gr. 15 RGB or Gr. 9 RGB)

Press ESC to leave the intro and go to the viewer. In the viewer move the pointer/arrow with a joystick to DIR to display the directory, tag one or more pictures and press Return or firebutton to load+display them; press Spacebar or firebutton to load the next picture, press ESC for the menu and Q to quit. Thinks thats all the important stuff.

ANIME01.ATR

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 2

Don't understand the language and was hoping for a translation.

I don't either, but I managed a translation. I'll tell you how.

I pulled the program up in Altirra, then I hit System -> Video -> Enhanced Text (Hardware Intercept).

Actually, that may not have been necessary, but I cut and paste a screen at a time into

notepad, and then corrected the special international character sets which were usually

replaced by a "." in the middle of words. I then pasted into Google Translate, and we have this...

Do not touch the key [down arrow].

"Graphics Projector" is universal.

graphic browser for graphics. It

displays the drawing in twelve

formats, but already. now working

on adding next ones. My idea is

to create the best "combine"

graphic at Atark ..

Nothing is listed on all formats,

which reads "GP", their author, and

methods of recognizing them by the program:

.APP, .AP3, .ILC, .APC -

MACIOO. /A.R./FTH

(extension in the name)

.GR8.- Drawing in GRAPHICS 8

(long-term ... $ 1E00)

In this mode, INVERSE inverts the colors,

and CAPS turns on mode 9 GTIA

.HIP.- MAYONEZ / COBRA

(extension in the name, first

two bytes "[iNVERSE RIGHT TRIANGLE]

[iNVERSE RIGHT TRIANGLE]" and the third one $10)

.HIP. LBS / TAQUART

(extension in the name)

The above logo is displayed in this technique.

.INT.- MAYONEZ and CHRIS / COBRA

(first six bytes in "INT95a")

.MIC - BLAZING PADDLES and XL-ART format

(long-term ... $ 1E04)

.PIC.- KOALI format, Steven Dompier and

Robert Leyland / ISLAND GRAPHICS CORP.

(first four bytes "[iNVERSE RIGHT TRIANGLE]

[iNVERSE HEART][iNVERSE I][iNVERSE G]")

I have included PIC v2 Hermes and here

comments in the headline.

.PLM.- AB-Soft (Spot 256)

(extension in the name)

.RGB.- Clay Halliwell / LONERSOFT

(first four bytes "RGB1")

The program's support is moronic

straight. After starting the program,

pressing appropriate buttons on the

screen, we turn on what we want. You

can do it a joystick connected to the

first port, Amiga mouse. (port 2) or keyboard.

CAPS extinguishes all highlighted names in

directory, and INVERSE reverses the backlight.

These two functions, combined with the possibilities.

any form of the directory mask

(M key), allows you to operate "GP"

keyboard only.

At the moment, the user interface

is not so "super friendly" yet,

but Inna will still work on it

the matter is that the "GP" is a bad thing

reminds "DISKCOPY". Well, I like it

this style (yet ...).

During the projection - the space changes

drawing on the next, and ESC returns

to the menu.

"Graphics Projector" is a program

-POSTCARDWARE-, which means, my dears,

that it can be copied. at will, but if

you want to use it, send me the viewer

from your city. Approx ?

Okay. Tradition, let traditionally

at the end of this type of texts, put your greetings

(traditionally traditional):

-Dark Phoenix /A.R. -Dracon / TQA / USG

-Macioo. /A.R./FTH -Vasco

-Remik Kowalczyk -Mr.MB / ANGEL

-Dudikov / I.A. -Marek Turowski

-Joy /M.E.C. -Zoltar X

JACOB

-----

• Like 2

I also do not understand the polish language. But here is what I found out while using the program so far. The Projector is a gfx viewer for various gfx formats. It starts with an intro and a polish manual. When "Wczytac Intro ?" appears you can press "T" (tak=yes) to load the intro and N (nie=no) to skip the intro and go directly to the viewer. Think I created a shorter version without the intro part (length approx. 50 sectors), but one still has to press the "N" key to load the viewer - someone else can do this better I guess...

Thank you for the RGB files to view..

• Like 1

What I picked up most from the instructions:

M = Enter Directory Mask (default: "D1:*.*") [...followed by the next line...]

D = Display files in Directory Mask

[iNVERSE] = Select all files

[CAPS] = Clear all files

Everything else is pretty much as labeled. The odd thing I saw was this additional instruction while viewing an image

In this mode, INVERSE inverts the colors,
and CAPS turns on mode 9 GTIA

I couldn't tell for sure if they were talking about .GR8 files or .HIP files. I'm going to guess that they had a line about .GR9 files but it accidentally got cut?

Quite an excellent program! If they were still developing it, my only suggestion would be to allow the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate and select/unselect individual files.

EDIT: I viewed a Graph2Font image by converting it to .MIC format first. That worked well. But large directories don't, because I can't find a way to scroll to the "next screen" of files. This was not a typical problem back in the day, having too many images in one directory.

Edited by jmccorm

I pulled the program up in Altirra, then I hit System -> Video -> Enhanced Text (Hardware Intercept).

Actually, that may not have been necessary, but I cut and paste a screen at a time into

notepad, and then corrected the special international character sets which were usually

replaced by a "." in the middle of words. I then pasted into Google Translate, and we have this...

@jmccorm

Thank you for the translation and info on how to do it. This program is one I copied from the ATR you uploaded in another thread. I really enjoy working with other peoples Graphics programs. I modified one basic graphics program to view PIC files but it doesn't do the TYPE 2 Koala graphics very well, but any way I modified it so I view the PIC files from my Side2 and U1M Atari 800XL Hard drive partition..

@jmccorm

Thank you for the translation and info on how to do it. This program is one I copied from the ATR you uploaded in another thread. I really enjoy working with other peoples Graphics programs. I modified one basic graphics program to view PIC files but it doesn't do the TYPE 2 Koala graphics very well, but any way I modified it so I view the PIC files from my Side2 and U1M Atari 800XL Hard drive partition..

Someone in the room said: "You know nothing of this ATR to which rdea6 speaks."

Okay. I'll just accept that and move on. icon_wink.gif

You've got good taste in software, because this is probably the best viewer that I've seen so far. I'd like to thank you for drawing attention to it! All the supported image formats? Awesome. But it bills itself as only version 0.01?! I'm hoping that you got the attention of one of our Polish friends and they can lead you to a newer version, or a vintage author who is happy to have appreciative fans! UPDATE: Author is Jarek Kucisz or possibly Jarosław Kucisz.

Do you think you're going to be able to do any significant enhancement on this unknown binary with no source? Because if you do, I'll be rooting for you!

Edited by jmccorm

The program's support is moronic

straight.

I love this translation.

• Like 1