IGNORED

Tape Games thread

Retrospect

Thanks to Rasmus for putting CS1 capability into JS99er. :)

This thread is for any tape games in WAV format.

To load WAV cassette games in JS99er, select Extended Basic if needed for game, go to OPEN TAPE and choose your WAV. Then type OLD CS1 and press enter.

Follow the on screen instructions, pressing play on the tape. After a bit of what sounds like Thrash Metal music the game will load. Type Run and press enter.

(Or in Extended Basic you can do RUN "CS1" and it'll auto-run the game after loading)

EDIT: Added more games to top of this thread.

dealer.wav < Dopewars clone without the guns. Buy items and sell for profit, check the price guide built into the game. You can also gamble for more money. Watch out for cops!

PRISON.wav < Prison Run, written in 1983 by Charles A. Sharp. Use TI Basic. Arrow keys for movements. Get men out of jail avoiding lazers

prizefighter.wav < PrizeFighter. Uses XB. Not that playable but you sit and bet on which fighter will win. Has info on all fighters in game.

dodger.wav < Dodger. Guide 'Dodger' over the road, avoiding the traffic, spiders, snakes, crocs and an octopus! Use arrow keys. Ext. Bas.

snatch.wav < Sink'N'Snatch ... a subhunt game where you sink 4 subs then have to dive down for the treasure! Arrows & space. XB.

orchard.wav < Orchard ... use joystick to control a bucket that catches fruit in an orchard. keeps high score. XB.

oxo.wav < OXO ... play against the TI at tic-tac-toe. It does actually win some games too, and has a knack for blocking your moves. XB.

chutes.wav < Chutes N Sharks ... not one of mine, but great game. Use arrow keys to rescue paratroopers before the sharks eat them! XB

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 7

I'm glad you posted this (DEALER) because you reminded me to test something. so here I am to report that it worked flawlessly.
I downloaded this wav file to my cell phone and using VLC for Android I played it into my TI via radio shack cassette with 3.5mm mini jack input and it worked flawlessly. Yep, just gave this game a go on real iron! :) whoot.

Speaking of Whoot - I got busted twice but got away before I lost all my cash gambling because I couldn't find a profitable drug deal. :(

Fair to say, not only have I never played this game before (or anything like it) - I also have zero experience as a drug dealer IRL, so I guess I'm prone to failure in this department - LOL.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2

Regarding "Dealer" ... if you visit "Millwall" you'll sometimes find cheaper than usual items to buy but there is a higher presence of police there!

Always check out the price guide and sell for the higher price. Stats are included in the game so you can see how well or bad you're doing.

It's based on John E.Dell's "DrugWar" written in the early 80's but never ported to the TI99. There's a version for the Spectrum too.

• Like 1

Yes... I downloaded this one of the gameshelf a year or two ago. Havent given it a go just yet, but I need to!!

If you mean "Texas Dealer" , the one i've put up here isn't that one but it's kind of a clone. It has much better code now, when i made texan dealer I wasn't very practiced in what i was doing.

:)

Here's another one. I made it last year, it's a frogger game with nice animated graphics and a couple of merry little tunes.

Use the arrow keys to guide Dodger over the road. There are three "homes" to occupy. Once you've occupied all three, the game moves on to the next level which is faster than the previous. High-score system included. Needs Extended Basic.

dodger.wav

• Like 2

This is pretty fun. I've been loading them on to console using my cell phone and saving them to disk. Of course trying them out as I go.

Only got 4 so far, will do more in spare time. Camelot is fun - classic rock paper scissor action with a twist.
Dealer - Well, that's hard, I only played twice so far
Bouncer3d required a joystick and I didn't have one connected at the time of loading so I put that off until later
Prison - Have yet to figure that one out. I couldn't seem to leave the building. I bet that red cross has something to do with it.

That's about all I had time for during lunch.

Prison - Have yet to figure that one out. I couldn't seem to leave the building. I bet that red cross has something to do with it.

post-34058-0-98152300-1518644387.gif

You are right it does, it's the hospital wing, you get out through that little gap by press up into it far as I remember, then it's across to the clearing in the trees.

See I could only ever get three men out! This is one I had back in the day on tape. :)

• Like 1