IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 7 ~ Silver Medal Pick

Vocelli

post-32348-0-12589800-1519605037_thumb.png
Who knows the game I talked about in this post? It certainly is not River Raid 2 but, then, what's its real name?
In atarimania page, there's a list of alternate names but in my Rom collection I couldn't find any rom that matched one of the names.
That's why I decided to download the Digimax version of "river raid 2" until I find the original game.

I remember my cousin had a game he called River Raid 2 but it was another game. It was probably a pirate game with the label River Raid 2.

Actually, I liked that game. I remember the river/ocean/sky? changed collour often.

I found the page on Atarimania.com with the River Raid 2: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-river-raid-ii_14547.html

I don't know the name of the original cartridge. This was the River Raid 2 I knew from the 80s.

attachicon.gifRiver Raid II (Digimax).bin

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

Who knows the game I talked about in this post? It certainly is not River Raid 2 but, then, what's its real name?

In atarimania page, there's a list of alternate names but in my Rom collection I couldn't find any rom that matched one of the names.
That's why I decided to download the Digimax version of "river raid 2" until I find the original game.

Seems to just be a hack of River Raid that the pirates decided to pass off as a sequel before the actual River Raid II was released. I don't know that there is a "real" name.

• Like 1

Seems to just be a hack of River Raid that the pirates decided to pass off as a sequel before the actual River Raid II was released. I don't know that there is a "real" name.

• Like 1

Anyone have any advice on how to pick up the fuel pods (not the fuel planes but the pods)? Do you shoot them, bomb them or just pick them up? I seem to have a lot of problems with it.

Got to fly over them at low altitude. Which makes it pretty hard. I tend to miss most of them, or worse, crash while trying to pick them up.

River Raid II

Game 1

Score: 24600

Difficulty: A/B

I never had nor played this game as a kid. I never owned the first River Raid either - not that I remember. However, I had played the first River Raid plenty when using a friend's cartridge. The the first River Raid has legendary status for various reasons, this one is still good. In fact, it is very good. I really like that you can now fly over land, use torpedos, and both take off and land on a carrier. The programmer did a good job of making several things possible through just a joystick and one button. After about 10 minutes of playing this game I started to get the hang of it. I think I'll be able to improve upon this score soon.

post-47498-0-62313200-1519647096_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DanielJSorenson
  • Like 1

Getting into the game flow on RRII. I tried my new 8bitdo N30 Pro retro gamepad I picked up today. Far from a CX40, but craploads better than the fricken keyboard and Microsoft gamepad. Used D-pad. Sticks too sensitive for Atari. RRII definately feels like it would be optimised for the CX40.

post-52250-0-61668700-1519723713.png

post-52250-0-82327100-1519723726.jpg

• Like 1