IGNORED

"Hombre" Document Cleanup

helocast

EDIT: Attachments removed as Ksarul graciously supplied a template I can use going forward to make these professional and error free. Will post in Document Forum with the final!

I finally got around to cleaning up/ marking up the WHTech-linked Ksarul? pointed me to a few months back.

The zip file has the original document and my three JPEGs for anybody that's interested - I think it flows better.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And, yes I've crammed into a CPLD as a possible replacement, but I'm striving for more full decoding of the 8K memory blocks and functions.

Also, a request. Can anybody recommend/point me to a blank schematic template so when I tackle a project like this again I can make it more professional looking rather than touching up the original.

I know Altium Designer supports templates, but I'd accept a JPEG/PDF landscape one as well.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by helocast
  • Like 3

I have the template I use for all of my reconstructions. It is in Visio and prints to an A3 landscape page. Once concerted to PDF, the diagrams scale down nicely to Legal paper in landscape mode if you don't have access to A3 paper. I'll post it here if you think it would be useful.

• Like 1

I have the template I use for all of my reconstructions. It is in Visio and prints to an A3 landscape page. Once concerted to PDF, the diagrams scale down nicely to Legal paper in landscape mode if you don't have access to A3 paper. I'll post it here if you think it would be useful.

Sounds like it fits the bill. Please, I'd love to give it a try!

Doug

Where was Hombre used? It is not part of the 99/8 chipset. QI console?

Yes, QI - certainly has all the signals present of the CF40050 chip (which itself was the scooped up discrete logic from the 99/4A standard MB).

As it isn't AS easy to source like the GROMS, I had already started on the path of recreating it on CPLD as a plug-in replacement, but feature creep happened as I added more address lines and internal 74138/139 logic to break up the addressable 8K blocks at least down to a 1K block size.

I tend to get distracted on projects people will probably never need.

Here's the original template in Visio Format. I have another one with some minor changes that I won't be able to get to until Monday, as it is on another machine. . .

Thank you! I had to purchase a license for 2016 Visio Pro as my last legal copy was Visio 2003 (never used it much) which I was going to do anyway.

Your template opened in "compatibility mode" and Page 2 is this 32" wide monstrosity that I simply can't get back like the other two pages.

I chalk this up to my unfamiliarity with the package, but I'll keep on keeping on with the reconstruction. Here's what I have done so far ...

CF40050.zip

• Like 1

For those wanting to peek that don't have a program capable of using the .VSD extension, try this PDF. :)

Lol, thank you ... still working - didn't see a way to send it to Ksarul since PMing doesn't allow attachments to see if he had ideas for getting page 2 back to normal. (I realize this isn't a Micro$oft forum) :-D

When I get it completed, I'll be sure and do both VSD and PDF formats and post over in the document section for whoever wants to scoop it up.

I had that happen once, @Helocast. The solution I used was to open a blank template page in one window, open the munged diagram in another, grab the data from the munged diagram with a copy, and paste it to the template. Usually, it will size to fit at that point. . .or better said, at least it fixed the problem for me.

• Like 1

The solution I used was to open a blank template page in one window, open the munged diagram in another, grab the data from the munged diagram with a copy, and paste it to the template.

Copy and paste didn't work, but I did find one single text label that had grown 20 times its stated width. Too many documents open and liberal use of the TAB key on my part!

Moved/Posted in TI-99/4A manuals and documentation project topic. Thanks again.

Hombre Logic.zip

Edited by helocast
  • Like 1