IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 7 ~ Silver Medal Pick

Vocelli

I've had this cart for years and never gave it more than a minute or two. I decided to try to figure it out without the manual. Bad choice. Now with the help of the manual I have finally succeeded in refueling and landing my plane. Came here to post my score of 11,800 only to find I had played on (B/B) setting... DOH!

so just for kicks... why not post this again instead? it's a hack of MASH, lol:

post-34560-0-86441900-1519779668_thumb.jpg

ok I'm on the board: 13,300

post-34560-0-89546900-1519788690_thumb.jpg

I'm finding it more difficult to hit the planes & copters with the straight shots but starting to get used to it...

btw, I just died right there hitting some flak that floated up out of the land! I'm just gonna consider that highland lakes covered in lily-pads.

Edited by S.BAZ

River Raid II new attempt 139,950

post-24681-0-86779100-1519849814_thumb.png

@Vocelli - sorry for the interruptions during this gameplay footage at 04:55 and 15:59 marks in the video presented above. This video will help the 2600 HSClubers who are not familiar with this Activision game.

@Lauren Tyler – Congratulations on winning the NEW HSC Season 6 Silver Medal Tournament! You deserved your Bonus Points by reaching this feat.

• Like 1

No improvement tonight!

my take on RRII - pretty interesting and somewhat impressive although just not as fun as River Raid unfortunately - it has so much going for it! I like the graphics for the waves leading up to the freighter.

I'm disappointed I can't get any points for shooting down the friendly refueling planes!

plus it seems like the planes & copters should reward you with more points than the ships, which don't shoot at you.

• Like 1

Apparently the four-switch I got working gets tired after about 15 minutes of gameplay and the output signal gets very very snowy, so I had to play the last 45K under white out conditions, which makes it very hard to see enemy shots and sometimes flak. Good times. I've got 4 VCSs and none of them are fully working.

post-409-0-30884800-1519923916_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I little refueling tip, if you accelerate up to the refueling plane and then slow down as you touch them, you will hover over them slightly longer as they scroll down, allowing you to gain a little bit more fuel (then just passing over them)

Edited by G-type