IGNORED

working on a nano peb 3d case

discgolfer72

i have not had any luck finding a nano peb 3d printable case that is "shared" out on the web

so since i have a new 3d printer thought i would try my hand at it for my first foray into 3d modeling

well i actually did a bit of it (3d modeling) back when halo 2 was new doing halo mods , but most of that was just editing existing models

here is my initial test design

will print this tonight (8 hour print time) to make sure the bottom layer is thick enough and that everything fits tight

then i will tweak the openings to look better/ and be more correct to size and position , and then work on a lid

i didn't have my dial caliper here at my house so i was stuck using a ruler and converting inches to mm (pain in the butt lol)

so hopefully it will fit

ti peb case.rar

post-63035-0-83312600-1520395591_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 3

sweet woke up today with it fully printed wooo

and its actually a perfect fit

so did some tweaks (hopefully the power jack hole is sized right and in the right spot (still have my micrometer at my shop not at home )

and will print this version while im at work today

so hopefully i come home to a good print with everything still fitting right

i did increase the left wall thickness to match the other 3 walls 4

post-63035-0-40926800-1520439606_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-70516800-1520439615_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-01988400-1520439620_thumb.jpg

ti peb case.rar

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 3

the plan is for it to be fully enclosed
(like the current cases being sold )

For now ,until i find a better 3d design program (one im using now is pretty basic and take more work than it should to do certain things )

i will probably leave the lid with an opening to remove the cf card

and access the power switch

i know several people sell a case

but after searching the web i can only find files for the cart shell (and fr99) seems no one has shared the nano peb case files

so thought i would make something so cheapskates like myself can run to their local library or shop class and print their own

in not promising anything fancy but it will at least be a layer of protection for your nanopeb

if anyone has any design change tips let me know

for me i just needed something better than the cardboard ive been using to prevent shorting out on the speech synth

post-63035-0-00057400-1520442285_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72

slow morning at the store today

so built the lid

before I left for work today I test fitted the peb on my speech synth and fond that due to some of the component legs on the solder side of the peb

I'm going to have to add a couple shims in the underneath side so that the peb's pcb wont flex when installed into the computer

post-63035-0-68757500-1520454091_thumb.png

• Like 4

here is where I'm at now will test print tonight and tomorrow

and se if it works

https://youtu.be/quh4zmbL4d0

Lookin pretty slick!!

thanks

cool once they are done I can print these as well and put them in the store for those without a printer (with your permission)

no problem I'm going to put it up on https://www.thingiverse.com/ for anyone to do with as they please

super cool. i love seeing folks that have the know-how making projects like this to share.

I would not say I have the know-how lol only just got my printer 3-4 days ago

and yesterday was the first time I used the tinkercad software

just a bit of internet searching and some trial and error is all it took lol

I did make some stuff like 15 years ago for halo 2 but way different software and it was more just importing models over existing ones and then blending them , or slightly modifying existing models

• Like 1

I've had a lot luck using sketchup. You can add an stl export add-on that makes the process pretty painless. If you decide to go this route I can give you a lot of pointers.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

thanks ill check it out (tried real quick but it does not support IE and that's what I use on this pc)

well got the lid and revision 2 case fully printed

everything seems to be good

for rev 3 (and hopefully the final one )

had to move the power jack hole a bit more to get it centered

make the opening for the serial port larger

the lid is perfect except having to move one mounting hole because I'm having to make the serial connector opening larger

post-63035-0-35899800-1520536773_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-33682000-1520536784_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-29196800-1520536799_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-22257800-1520536811_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-51249200-1520536828_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-17453200-1520536842_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-79086500-1520536854_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-26606200-1520536867_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Looks awesome, great job! I was going to design one for my nanoPEB but glad you've already got an excellent start to it. If you need another tester, I have a FlashForge Creator Pro and a nanoPEB here, I'd be happy to run a test print here if you want/need.

Looks awesome, great job! I was going to design one for my nanoPEB but glad you've already got an excellent start to it. If you need another tester, I have a FlashForge Creator Pro and a nanoPEB here, I'd be happy to run a test print here if you want/need.

if you want to try out this revision (should be about perfect)

and let me know if it fits your peb

any help would be great

ive been printing them at 8 fill for faster printing and even at that low fill the screws stuck and they feel pretty sturdy

im printing a lid now (hopefully last one lol) at 25 fill to see if it makes a difference

i might to my final case at 100 fill just so im certain that the screws are going to have something to hold on to

post-63035-0-85408400-1520545450_thumb.jpg

nano peb final .rar

Edited by discgolfer72

if you want to try out this revision (should be about perfect)

and let me know if it fits your peb

any help would be great

Awesome, thank you! I just sliced it and it's printing now. Hopefully, in about 5 hours it will be done. I used 25% infill using ABS.

Awesome, thank you! I just sliced it and it's printing now. Hopefully, in about 5 hours it will be done. I used 25% infill using ABS.

ugg lol I need a faster bigger printer mine is taking 6 hours just for the lid at 25% pla lol

it was only 140$ at microcenter open box and other than being small and slow it seems to do ok for a cheap machine

http://www.microcenter.com/product/486633/Duplicator_i3_Mini_3D_Printer

I was a bit ticked since they website says 5.9x5.9 inch print size and its not its actually 5.1 inches

thanks let me know if it fits

the one I just printed was great but it blocked the serial screw holes so the one I posted for you I widened that opening a bit more

and the power plug hole was off center to the left a bit so I adjusted it also

made this little doodad to help with removing the cf card lol

post-63035-0-24827400-1520551847_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72

so

as long as jonecool reports back that it fits on his nano

I'm calling the above revision final

lol

printed the final lid last night and installed it and everything looks good

here she is

the lower case I'm using is before an edit I made to uncover the serial ports mounting holes , and center the power jack better

but I'm not using the serial port anyway

EDIT

I may have to make the bottom of the shell thinner

it fits great direct on my ti99 but when installing on the speech synth it takes a bit of work to get it to install

on my speech synth the connector door cover has a lip that sticks out a bit causing the nano to sit at an angle

so I have several options

try and make a slot in the case that that little lip on the door will rest in

make the bottom of the case thinner (don't like this idea its already pretty thin )

take apart my speech synth ad ditch its door lol

I like 3 the best lol

post-63035-0-89415500-1520609218_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-75447800-1520609234_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-77303500-1520609245_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-36429600-1520609260_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 2

Fantastic!.... Spent the day printing it and it's just perfect. You know I also have the nanoPEB version 2 and if the power supply hole was moved a half inch or so then it would work for it too.

great did the last revision uncover the serial mounting holes and is the power jack pretty centered

wich way would the power jack hole need to be moved to accommodate the ver 2

ok thanks

so instead of doing 2 different cases

how about a universal case for both

if you want to try this one for your version 2

i increased the opening for the serial connector some more (hopefully that's enough )

and just made a large square opening for the power jack that should cover both versions

oh also added a link to the little thumb grip i made

makes it easier to insert / remove the cf card

i used some double sticky tape that's used for automotive emblems i had , to attach it (its not going anywhere lol)

universal nano peb .rar

post-63035-0-07192800-1520737769_thumb.png

cf thumb grip.rar

Edited by discgolfer72

Sorry for not posting back, I had my splicer settings set wrong, I had a bit of a mess as a result -unrelated to your models :) Re-printing with your latest .stl's tonight.

i did have one failed print of the lid due to not refreshing the glue stick on y bed

the middle part of the b lifted uout and wrecked the print half way thru