IGNORED

INTV System III - serial question

Porte048

So I saw the other thread about serial numbers, but for the Intv3 mine is seriously lower than the others so maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing or misunderstanding something, or perhaps I actually have a seriously low number, so I'll leave it to you experts.

I have this CIB

post-63594-0-63439000-1520892983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Porte048

My brain is a little dead from work, so a little more assistance than usual.

so my serial starts with A and it says Made in the USA. But I'm not sure what to make of it

The Tudarvision holy Grail..

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270315-tutorvision-games-interest-check/?p=3943780

Ill let the more informed jump in..

The Tudarvision holy Grail..http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270315-tutorvision-games-interest-check/?p=3943780Ill let the more informed jump in..

Ever read something 10 times and still can't make sense of it?

Yeah that's where I am right now. I think I need a nap, work was killer today.

I'll wait for more replies to understand, maybe a nap first.

Ever read something 10 times and still can't make sense of it?

Yeah that's where I am right now. I think I need a nap, work was killer today.

I'll wait for more replies to understand, maybe a nap first.

yup happens to me all the time , not sure my self. Im sure others with more knowledge and know how in this will pipe in sooner or later..

Well if anyone does have info please lemme know lol

with your LTO, assuming you have one, run the program attached here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270315-tutorvision-games-interest-check/?p=3939640

or the one here (dunno what's the difference): http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270315-tutorvision-games-interest-check/?p=3938858

The program will tell you whether your Intv III is a simple Intellivision or is, de facto, a Tutorvision, thanks to some components that might have been installed in the machine

So I saw the other thread about serial numbers, but for the Intv3 mine is seriously lower than the others so maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing or misunderstanding something, or perhaps I actually have a seriously low number, so I'll leave it to you experts.

I have this CIB

That is a nice lower serial number. It's the lowest I've seen for an Intv System III.

I suspect that the serial number is too low to have a Tutorvision motherboard inside of it (like a regular Intellivision motherboard with several enhancements). Such systems are called TutorPros, Super Pro Tutorvisions, and INTV88s (it's printed on the circuitboard). Such systems are very rare (only about 4 found so far). Yours most likely has a normal motherboard inside.

However, there are a few checks that you can do to see if it is one of the rare ones:

• Like 1

<p>

That is a nice lower serial number. It's the lowest I've seen for an Intv System III.

I suspect that the serial number is too low to have a Tutorvision motherboard inside of it (like a regular Intellivision motherboard with several enhancements). Such systems are called TutorPros, Super Pro Tutorvisions, and INTV88s (it's printed on the circuitboard). Such systems are very rare (only about 4 found so far). Yours most likely has a normal motherboard inside.

However, there are a few checks that you can do to see if it is one of the rare ones:

Thank you! I do not have an LTO, where can I pick one up, ebay?

Also I will do the rest of your tests when I get home. It was giving me trouble reading carts last night, so I'm going to give it a good cleaning tonight, when I got it off of ebay it was claimed to be fully tested (was delivered yesterday), but maybe it's just my inexperience with an System 3, I'll see what I can clean out

In the unlikely event that you do have a TutorPro, be sure to give the reset button a good press until you hear and feel a click. The reset circuitry is... different... on a TutorPro so you also have to press the reset button more often. With mine, the first several times I turned it on and tried to use the reset button, I didn't realize I wasn't pressing the button hard enough for it to do anything which made me concerned for a short while that it was broken (beyond what I said in the thread). The pressure doesn't need to be excessive, but it is more than the gentle tap used on a typical Intellivision.

You can see a little bit of this in the following video a little after the 1 minute mark.

At some point, someone (maybe myself) will write a fresh forum topic that coalesces all the info. Right now, all the info is in "Tutorvision games - Interest check" topic but is scattered over 10 pages of posts. Also, intvnut has a great document that covers A LOT of the low-level differences, though it might be a bit much for the average non-technical collector. At present, I'm waiting to see if any fresh information surfaces from other people as well as myself having enough time to finish some of my own research.

All that said, I do have writing such a topic on my literal to-do list.

• Like 1