IGNORED

Unique CX40 Joysticks - Any History?

BlimpPixel

I have seen what must be hundreds of joysticks, but I don't recall seeing any like this before.

The first is the typical joystick we're used to.

The second is normal for the most part but has an orange button, and I mean ORANGE.

The third is pretty normal except it has the Sunnyvale yellow paint, and no, it is not a CX10 hex disc example. I've not seen one like this, even with the rare made-in-Sunnyvale Light Sixers or 4 switch units.

Any input into the history on these? Just curious.

Thanks!

post-44737-0-76888300-1520951724_thumb.jpg

I have seen what must be hundreds of joysticks, but I don't recall seeing any like this before.

The second is normal for the most part but has an orange button, and I mean ORANGE.

It happens. Different plastic, or just a little fading maybe, I dunno, but they're nothing out of the ordinary. Like your third joystick with the dull, matte texture button--just a microvariation.

Another difference on the 3rd one I noticed is the word "TOP" is thinner, but this may be due to wear I'm not sure.

Yes. It only looks thinner because the paint is worn, while it's bolder and fuller on the first two.

• Like 1

Yes. It only looks thinner because the paint is worn, while it's bolder and fuller on the first two.

I believe it is part of the plastic warn too in the lettering. I don't think you could replicate the other two by painting the letters on the 3rd one because the other two that are painted the top is flat and wide. If you tried to paint the 3rd one as wide it wouldn't look the same.