IGNORED

Atari 7800 / 2600 / SMS NES style controllers V1.2

DanthWader

What do these cost to buy and how much will shipment to the Netherlands be?

The controllers are sold-out, but the couplings are available here.... http://www.itsallgeek3d.com

The shipping is based on location, you can enter your information at check out to find out how much shipping would cost.

Thanks!

-Dan

Any way to get on a waiting list for the next batch not controllers?

I may have 2 left. I had a few extra shells, I'll let everyone know here when I put them up on http://itsallgeek3d.com

But if you, or anyone else, misses the last ones. In a month or so i'll have more. Just PM me with the subject "7800 Controller Waiting List" so I can easily start a running tally. You'll get first info when the next batch is ready! Also I have about 10 v1.2 PCBs that i'll be putting up on the shop as well... keep a lookout.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow you guys! This is amazing, I'm 2-3 controllers away from being SOLD OUT! Thank you so much!!

Your controllers went in the mail today. Also for everyone who ordered the controller couplings they will be in the mail tomorrow! I basically have unlimited of these, so they won't sell out.

I am already working on the controller batch #3, but china sort of closes down during this time of year for holiday. It will be the beginning of March before the parts come in.

Thanks again!

What does the inside of the 3D printed Atari cartridges look like? Can they hold any size boards?

I've converted an NES controller or two for 7800 use. They work well. Assuming this is just a PCB replacement, they would be easier to mod. Perhaps a kit with PCB, resistors, overlay, and cable would be a nice option (user furbishes their own NES controller shell) if the custom controllers are too much work.

• Like 1

I've converted an NES controller or two for 7800 use. They work well. Assuming this is just a PCB replacement, they would be easier to mod. Perhaps a kit with PCB, resistors, overlay, and cable would be a nice option (user furbishes their own NES controller shell) if the custom controllers are too much work.

I was planning on having the shells in the kits too, I also love nintendo and hate to see those controllers destroyed.

post-61918-0-56678200-1521319914_thumb.jpg

I've got shells for days, I'll have a batch of 30 controllers ready maybe beginning of april... as soon as my PCBs come in ill post the kits online. Maybe about a week.

• Like 3

I'm not sure what size boards it can handle but I'm assuming anything you can fit in a standard cart will work here...

attachicon.gifIMG_4593.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4592.JPG

I ordered a cart shell from the etsy shop. Glow in the dark. :cool:

Just curious, but the page said you had two cart shells in stock when I ordered. One left after I checked out. Yet there's like a dozen different colors available for that last cart. How does this work? Either you've got a bunch of colors left in stock (more than one) or enough raw filament material in a variety of colors (also technically more than one) to produce at least one cart in whatever color the buyer chose at checkout. So if only one cart shell was left in stock, why is it available in a dozen different colors? Just a logistical question to consider...

• Like 1

I ordered a cart shell from the etsy shop. Glow in the dark. :cool:

Just curious, but the page said you had two cart shells in stock when I ordered. One left after I checked out. Yet there's like a dozen different colors available for that last cart. How does this work? Either you've got a bunch of colors left in stock (more than one) or enough raw filament material in a variety of colors (also technically more than one) to produce at least one cart in whatever color the buyer chose at checkout. So if only one cart shell was left in stock, why is it available in a dozen different colors? Just a logistical question to consider...

Your carts insides are in the photo above! It's being shipped out tomorrow :grin:

About your question, esty makes you enter a quantity. technically, they are unlimited... as long as I have access to filament. They take 5-6 hours per cart to print, we don't have stock... well we do in the form of filament rolls. But they are very much print-to-order, I just have to have the misses update the quantity every now and then. It costs money per item so we only post quantity of what we have time or availability to print within a certain time frame to ease shipping and processing time. No one likes to wait months for something they have paid for and my printer runs near 24/7 (we print tons of cosplay items) we've got the poor machine on a strict schedule :_( . I'm in the process of building the second one!

• Like 2

Your carts insides are in the photo above! It's being shipped out tomorrow :grin:

About your question, esty makes you enter a quantity. technically, they are unlimited... as long as I have access to filament. They take 5-6 hours per cart to print, we don't have stock... well we do in the form of filament rolls. But they are very much print-to-order, I just have to have the misses update the quantity every now and then. It costs money per item so we only post quantity of what we have time or availability to print within a certain time frame to ease shipping and processing time. No one likes to wait months for something they have paid for and my printer runs near 24/7 (we print tons of cosplay items) we've got the poor machine on a strict schedule :_( . I'm in the process of building the second one!

Awesome. So it's more an issue of budgeting time rather than raw materials. I may use as a custom enclosure for my Harmony cart, if someone can print me a label. I may get a chrome yin yang decal so the logo will be visible in the dark.
  • Like 4

Awesome. So it's more an issue of budgeting time rather than raw materials. I may use as a custom enclosure for my Harmony cart, if someone can print me a label. I may get a chrome yin yang decal so the logo will be visible in the dark.

If you have extra boards to try in this cart that would be excellent!! I was thinking about cracking open a 7800 cart to see if those boards would fit. I'm sure I could remix this model (which i did not create)

all credit goes to Atari 2600 Cartridge Shell - Easy Print by norm8332is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

If you have a 3D printer the files can be found here ... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1790785

If you have extra boards to try in this cart that would be excellent!! I was thinking about cracking open a 7800 cart to see if those boards would fit. I'm sure I could remix this model (which i did not create)

all credit goes to Atari 2600 Cartridge Shell - Easy Print by norm8332is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

If you have a 3D printer the files can be found here ... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1790785

I have a 7800 and games. I would have to punch a hole in the label to remove the pcb. It looks like they would work, and this design might be compatible with injection molding with minor tweaks. Three distinct pieces, and they all look like they could release from a two part mold easily. There's also no hole under the label like with production 7800 carts.

I'll try and find a 7800 game pcb to test with.

EDIT: Cart arrived. Video uploading! 8)

(should be live in about an hour and thirty minutes or so)

Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 3

I was planning on having the shells in the kits too, I also love nintendo and hate to see those controllers destroyed.

attachicon.gifIMG_4563.JPG

I've got shells for days, I'll have a batch of 30 controllers ready maybe beginning of april... as soon as my PCBs come in ill post the kits online. Maybe about a week.

What will be the price point for the controllers?

It would be cool to have the cartridge slightly modified when printing to accomdate the Mateos 16 in 1 flash cart for the 7800. But would have to make two models of it. One for the earlier revisions that fit within the cartridge shells and the later models that require about half of the top shell to be removed for the daughter/backpack card that is attached.

Since you make these on an as needed basis, it would be possible to offer such modified shells for odd configurations like this as needed. I assume the screws to secure the shell together come with?

• Like 1