IGNORED

CF7+ power supply

DavidC

Can anyone confirm that a missing CF card gets you to a blue screen? I was sure that the CF7+ firmware was in ROM, and not something you loaded onto the card itself. If that's the case, I will likely start a new thread to help me trouble shoot the device.

Confirmed. I doubt the firmware is on the card considering you can a swap cards on a whim, which I do. It seems to me the firmware just locks up or stops when it cannot detect the CF. This is the case without the CF or adapter in place.

• Like 1

I cannot tell from the picture, but is that a 9805 or a 7805 regulator on that? It makes sense that a board with a 7805 would need a 7v power supply as the recommendation to drive it at 20% above the regulated voltage (which is at least 6v.)

I cannot tell from the picture, but is that a 9805 or a 7805 regulator on that? It makes sense that a board with a 7805 would need a 7v power supply as the recommendation to drive it at 20% above the regulated voltage (which is at least 6v.)

Looks like a 9805 to me.

...lee

• Like 1

It's very hard to read with my glasses on, as the print is very light. From checking at various angles it looks like it says LM7805C. I got the CF7+ power adapter info from Jamie when I ordered it back then.

Also under the angled CF connector is a TI chip 2701EK, SN74HC00N. Is the 32K in the XILINX chip??

How many different CF+ versions do we have now?

Edited by Torrax

It's very hard to read with my glasses on, as the print is very light. From checking at various angles it looks like it says LM7805C. I got the CF7+ power adapter info from Jamie when I ordered it back then.

Also under the angled CF connector is a TI chip 2701EK, SN74HC00N. Is the 32K in the XILINX chip??

How many different CF+ versions do we have now?

I have collected this informations about different models:

PEBs:

post-41141-0-75344000-1521792314_thumb.jpg

Power:

post-41141-0-94958900-1521792584_thumb.jpg

It's very hard to read with my glasses on, as the print is very light. From checking at various angles it looks like it says LM7805C.

I defer to your advantage of direct observation, but I must say that, in a sharpened image of your post, the first digit appears to have the circular top a ‘9’ would have.

...lee

• Like 1