IGNORED

TI-99/4A Fest West 2018 - Saturday April 28th - Vancouver WA area

jedimatt42

It's worth the wait....

BTW - How's the music scene around where the Fest will be held? I'm tentatively thinking about asking my son to DRIVE up there with me so I can attend again this year. He is a guitarist and loves music (like me) and if there was much music action around there I might be able to tempt him into doing a road trip with the old man. If I'm able to afford it by then...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Semi-crazy idea for future versions of this event: how about holding it on the Sunday immediately after the annual Cowlitz gamers show in Kelso (which for reference is March 31st this year)? This would give travellers a kind of 2-for-1 benefit, and might increase attendance at Fest West by, perhaps, having some flyers at the Kelso show to hand out.

Just a thought that flitted thru my head while thinking about making that 2.5 hour drive twice just a few weeks apart.

• Like 2

The brochure is a GREAT idea Krslam. I bet if someone made a PDF for a tri-fold pamphlet 30 or 40 could be printed up. And you are right on the timing too as it's about a month before Fest West. Then if you take into account the relative distance of Longview/Kelso to Vancouver it might bring a 4 or 5 potential newbies or veteran TI'ers from years past.

If I remember correctly, John Hancock is associated with the group and he's even a member here. If he's reading this he might just pop in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be donating one of my new cases for Jedimatt42's TI 99/4A 32K Sidecar Memory Expansion Card. I'll be sending it along with "--- Ω ---". He has graciously offered to transport it there in my absence.

This is what I'll be sending for give-away:

post-45854-0-46948700-1521838168.jpgpost-45854-0-51664500-1521838169.jpg

Given that I'm the only one doing the LED through the side, I'll provide the case with the hole through the lid... but was wondering what you guys think of me changing the lid a bit to say "TI Fest West 2018" somewhere on the lid to commemorate the event...

Your thoughts? I'm going to be shipping out on Monday, so I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion.

Thomas

COREi64

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I said I'd come up with something if others did. Now another has, so I gotta.

I don't want it to be anything that creates a financial burden on the winner. But that is almost impossible. Free stuff is always expensive.

I'm trying to imagine a way to run prize drawings such that the winner wants the actual prize. I remember last year someone felt obliged to inform me that they traded a prize I donated with someone else. That was a lucky/fortunate outcome. But I don't view prizes as a positive thing generally, so if I'm being too particular here... feel free to tell me I'm being weird.

I'm thinking of a simple model where you get to enter your name for the set of prizes you want. A little more burdensome on the attendee up front, but then hopefully more rewarding in the end. Horse trading can still happen afterwards.

-M@

• Like 1

Guess I will set up a table to show off some new routines in RXB 2018 or 2019 when finished.

CALL JOYMOTION(keyunit,X,Y,#sprite,Row-velocity,Column-velocity,INDEX,KEY) GOTO line-number

CALL JOYLOCATE(keyunit,X,Y,#sprite,Row,Column,INDEX,KEY) GOTO line-number

Row and Column values are adjusted for Joystick response so updated properly.

INDEX for JOYMOTION is from -128 to 127

INDEX for JOYLOCATE is 0 to 255

KEY is for FIRE BUTTON that when executed GOTO line-number, otherwise next line.

These routines are much faster then normal XB JOYST routines as RXB has built in

comparison and sprite update, also checks keyboard FIRE BUTTON.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 3

Guess I will set up a table to show off some new routines in RXB 2018 or 2019 when finished.

CALL JOYMOTION(keyunit,X,Y,#sprite,Row-velocity,Column-velocity,INDEX,KEY) GOTO line-number

CALL JOYLOCATE(keyunit,X,Y,#sprite,Row,Column,INDEX,KEY) GOTO line-number

Row and Column values are adjusted for Joystick response so updated properly.

INDEX for JOYMOTION is from -128 to 127

INDEX for JOYLOCATE is 0 to 255

KEY is for FIRE BUTTON that when executed GOTO line-number, otherwise next line.

These routines are much faster then normal XB JOYST routines as RXB has built in

comparison and sprite update, also checks keyboard FIRE BUTTON.

Thanks Rich, sounds good!

-M@

• Like 2

Interested to see documentation on JOYLOCATE & JOYMOTION functions.

jjs

I normally do the Documents last when I release a new version of RXB.

This is the Test program I am using to debug the features for JOYMOTION

100 CALL CLEAR
110 CALL SPRITE(#1,65,2,9,190,20,0)
120 CALL JOYMOTION(1,X,Y,#1,9,K) GOTO 100
130 PRINT X;Y,K
140 GOTO 120

The letter A moves around the screen according to the Joystick movement.

The 9 is the INDEX amount to move the Sprite, of course larger numbers make it faster.

The K is the KEY pressed for Fire Button or Q key on keyboard, if 18 then it was pressed then GOTO 100 is done.

I'm thinking of a simple model where you get to enter your name for the set of prizes you want. A little more burdensome on the attendee up front, but then hopefully more rewarding in the end. Horse trading can still happen afterwards.

As this years host of Fest West 2018, it's anything you want it to be! Sounds like fun to me, of course I already feel like I've won!