IGNORED

Cartridge List for the Atari 8-bit Computers (400/800/XL/XE Computers)

• 1 month later...

Hi

On this thread I asked more details regarding Space Invaders.

They said that the first version was released in a little box on cassette, and then later in a big box on cartridge.

Now looking at the Excel file I see this:

Space_Invaders_Cart_Or_Cass.jpg

Does CXL4008 released in 1979 and listed as "Space Invaders (small box Black)" really exist as a cartridge?

I have not been able to locate a picture of this version.

My guess is that this is really the cassette version, and that it should be removed from the Excel file.

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

PS: What is the meaning of the background color used on the cells?

Hi

On this thread I asked more details regarding Space Invaders.

They said that the first version was released in a little box on cassette, and then later in a big box on cartridge.

Now looking at the Excel file I see this:

Space_Invaders_Cart_Or_Cass.jpg

Does CXL4008 released in 1979 and listed as "Space Invaders (small box Black)" really exist as a cartridge?

I have not been able to locate a picture of this version.

My guess is that this is really the cassette version, and that it should be removed from the Excel file.

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

PS: What is the meaning of the background color used on the cells?

Everything on my file/list are cartridges only :)

• Like 2

Everything on my file/list are cartridges only :)

Hi Atari8bitCarts

Can you please let me know more details about the criteria you use to include titles on your cartridge list?

I am asking if you use source information like titles listed on official catalogs, direct input from owners of a paricular cartridge, and so on...

Do you own every title on your cartridge list?

In case somebody that owns a particular title wants his title added to your list...do you request additional details like pictures of the cartridge and box, if that is the case?

How do you detect or validate false/erroneous data that may be sent to you to be added to your cartridge list?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

Hi Atari8bitCarts

Can you please let me know more details about the criteria you use to include titles on your cartridge list?

I am asking if you use source information like titles listed on official catalogs, direct input from owners of a paricular cartridge, and so on...

Do you own every title on your cartridge list?

In case somebody that owns a particular title wants his title added to your list...do you request additional details like pictures of the cartridge and box, if that is the case?

How do you detect or validate false/erroneous data that may be sent to you to be added to your cartridge list?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

well, my list was a collaboration of many sources, most of which are credited in the first posting on this thread.

So I used existing lists created, i.e. Andrew Krieg's. Atari Passion, etc.

I used Atari and Non-Atari sell sheets, etc.

Then I used my collection as reference; as I have a very large collection :)

Then I used individuals that contributed to the thread, or contacted me.

So currently it represents what I call "production" cartridges (defined in the first post on this topic). I was getting ready at some point to add Homebrews, etc.

I hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Atari8BitCarts

Thanks for sharing those pictures of your collection, I can see you have the "little box" version of Space Invaders...

Is that a cartridge version?

If this is the case, can you please post a picture of the box and the cartridge?

Thanks in advance,

Louis BQ

Hi Atari8BitCarts

Thanks for sharing those pictures of your collection, I can see you have the "little box" version of Space Invaders...

If this is the case, can you please post a picture of the box and the cartridge?

Thanks in advance,

Louis BQ

all cartridges .

Hi Atari8bitCarts, 2 german cartridges are "missing" in your list (catalog #):

MiKrosoft Basic (aka Microsoft Basic II) and Microsoft Basic II - RXG 7075 same reference, same content but different covers, both containnig the RX8035 (US) wich is in your list indeed :)

Edited by Marsupilami

Hi Atari8BitCarts

Thanks in advance,

Louis BQ

Here you are ;-) This is the 1986 rerelease.

post-6711-0-92482200-1521990072.jpg

Edited by Fred_M

Here you are ;-) This is the 1986 rerelease.

attachicon.gifP1030685.JPG

Hello Fred_M

Thanks for your picture, I can see that the small box version corresponds to the 1986 release.

My question is: Is there a small box version of Space Invaders that was released near 1979-1982?

Do we have a picture of this?

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

Hello Fred_M

Thanks for your picture, I can see that the small box version corresponds to the 1986 release.

My question is: Is there a small box version of Space Invaders that was released near 1979-1982?

Do we have a picture of this?

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

Hi Louis,

I don't have the 1979 release, but IMHO I think you are right. I think the 1979 small box release is a cassette tape.