IGNORED

Eighty Column Terminal Program by Sector Spectre 003

Sugarland

Hi! In roughly 1986 a friend of mine gave me a copy of an 80 column term program he made. It is attached. I couldn't find it anywhere online but maybe it is already posted somewhere already?

Boot the atr with basic disabled. If you inadvertently boot with basic you'll get the READY prompt in 80cols. :)

As far as using the program:

• I can't figure out how to change baud. I think there is a way.
  • Select toggles EOL/Linefeeds
  • START toggles half/full duplex

He or the 'Sector Spectres' also released at least one other program, too. Maybe those are kicking around somewhere.

80column term by Sector Spectre 003 v1.0.atr

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 6

It see

Looks nice, but nothing to connect to right now. No idea if it supports ATASCII but graphic characters are at least possible.

attachicon.gifterm.png

I guess the Lode Runner Champion code in the disk image is not a part of it :-)

I'm not sure what you mean 'nothing to connect to'. 1200 baud does work try that. It works in Altirra with a virtual 850+modem. If you have a lantronix console server you can use an 850 to connect to it and telnet from there.

Yes I saw the 'champlod' file in there but I left it just in case. It doesn't seem to work - error 180 (not a binary file). I might have copied it there a long long time ago. I can still remember how. That music used to make me smile. And I knew if I had my chance, That I could make those people dance. And maybe they'd be happy for a while...

The term does work with Altirra's 850+modem emulation. You can connect to an internet host this way (Altirra help copy/paste from the '850 Interface module emulation' section). Attached screenshots below. 1200 baud is the default setting but I do think there is a way to step up to higher rates. I've forgotten what key changes it. If anyone can find out how to change baud in the program I'd appreciate sharing that info please.

Dialing out

The dial command (D) is used to connect across the network to a server using TCP/IP. The syntax for doing this is as follows:

(This syntax is compatible with that used by the Atari800 emulator.)ATDI hostname port

For instance, to connect to a telnet server on the local machine, you could use atdi localhost 23 or atdi 127.0.0.1 23. If the host OS is IPv6 capable, you can also connect to IPv6 based addresses.

If a connection is successfully established, you will get a CONNECT banner as with a real phone line, and the modem will switch to the online state. If the connection fails, the modem will emit a NO ANSWER result code instead.

Outbound connections must be enabled in serial options for the Dial command to function. If outbound connections are disabled, any attempt to dial out will result in a NO DIALTONE response.

post-49049-0-38813800-1522523841_thumb.png

post-49049-0-25544100-1522523994.png

post-49049-0-06980100-1522524003.png

• Like 3