IGNORED

Nothing special

emkay

Because Atari doesn't play youtube videos.

:P

Nothing special indeed, move on...

Has it ever resulted in any progress when I did release any files?

But, you could do some favor to the Atari and teach Irgendwer how to make music for Games ;)

Here's the Cybernoid 2 intro. Note how there are six instruments for the chords. The root chord, the 1st inversion and the 2nd inversion, in major and minor (3x2=6). First channel is the bass line, second is the chords (third is a click track). Also note that I play only the root notes on the chord channel. The melody is the result of the different chord inversions.

cn2-intro.xex

cn2-intro.rmt.zip

Here's the Cybernoid 2 intro. Note how there are six instruments for the chords. The root chord, the 1st inversion and the 2nd inversion, in major and minor (3x2=6). First channel is the bass line, second is the chords (third is a click track). Also note that I play only the root notes on the chord channel. The melody is the result of the different chord inversions.

Thanks for your work and feedback also.

I understand your doing , but you have to keep in mind that the notes were not correct in the 8 bit resolution. So you have to find solution for more correct note precision.

I'll surely check, if it is possible to get the basses better fitting there.

A lot better :) I assume the bass is a 16-bit channel combo? Perhaps the note values in the tables are not 100% correct, which is slightly masked by a bit of portamento. Or maybe they are too correct and therefore don't match the 8-bit pitches.

• 2 weeks later...

This one I name Cool POKEY version...

A 3 channel version could sound even cooler, as the modulations offer a lot of brass section sounds, that the original song has built in .

On the other hand, it is interesting that genrator E is much usable to resemble the aimed brass sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Has it ever resulted in any progress when I did release any files?

You want response to be fast?

To small amount of musicans which van wrote music, especially for our Ataris. Just no possibility to get knowledge from Your work.

YouTube is nice on smartphone but on real Atari not, as Miker wrote, and no in ASMA for other use cases.

And if I correctly remember (I am not sure) Altirra still has no full POKEY emulation.

Some of these last added tunes reminds me tunes from The Top #3 demo made with Future Composer. Similar instruments.

Edited by lemiel

Today I heard some very cruel POKEY renditions, so I need to put some equalizing onto the internet ;)

No! It's not about the PWM sounds. It's about "POKEY" tunes, and what people think, it would be any "good" ;)

It's a relief that POKEY doesn't really need to sound bad ;)

The only flaw is that RMT doesn't allow to play better drums... but , as it seems , it is like moaning on a high level ;)

Did I mention that POKEY is the most powerful chip in the Atari ? (Yes, I did, but who cares?) ;)

Today I heard some very cruel POKEY renditions, so I need to put some equalizing onto the internet ;)

No! It's not about the PWM sounds. It's about "POKEY" tunes, and what people think, it would be any "good" ;)

It's a relief that POKEY doesn't really need to sound bad ;)

The only flaw is that RMT doesn't allow to play better drums... but , as it seems , it is like moaning on a high level ;)

Did I mention that POKEY is the most powerful chip in the Atari ? (Yes, I did, but who cares?) ;)

I like it. Pure PoKey register twiddling too, no PWM carrier frequency noise :) Spectrum analyzer shows this too, with an almost pure roll off above 8kHz. If this was PWM, there would be almost -10dB noise centered at 15.5kHz.

I can show you this in pictures in case you think I am still just using "silly devices".

• 3 weeks later...