IGNORED

TIPI -- It looks like the future is NOW! (No, I'm NOT kidding)!

Omega-TI

My problem is the requirement for the 32K expansion system, just to get the "44 pin" connection required by the TI PI. I have 32K cards and other devices with 32K coming out of my ears. My minimum requirement is for 256K AMS even though I am only currently using 1MB SAMS (3). Because it was the last one I ordered before reading the requirement carefully. If I can't find someone to provide me with a cheap way to provide the power and connection required or better yet, 1MB SAMS version of this required sidecar, I will be putting this TI PI device back up for sale "as not useful".

You are welcome to build your own interface, the entire project is open source.. The tested configuration is off the 44pin on the 32k.. that is what Matt designed it for, and has clearly stated since the genesis of this project..

Greg

• Like 1

My problem is the requirement for the 32K expansion system, just to get the "44 pin" connection required by the TI PI. I have 32K cards and other devices with 32K coming out of my ears. My minimum requirement is for 256K AMS even though I am only currently using 1MB SAMS (3). Because it was the last one I ordered before reading the requirement carefully. If I can't find someone to provide me with a cheap way to provide the power and connection required or better yet, 1MB SAMS version of this required sidecar, I will be putting this TI PI device back up for sale "as not useful".

You sound like you should be looking for the PEB variety, and waiting a bit longer. Maybe you should cancel your order?

Please, people, don't buy this if it isn't for you. I really don't want to spend hours assembling something that will be shelved.

-M@

• Like 4

Does it come with a an imaged sd card with pre-installed software? I have been waiting for this since its announcement and me coming back to the fold after many years away. I love fiddling with Raspberry Pi’s and combining it with the Ti is absolutely awesome. This is specifically why I bought a 32k stand-alone last year since I don’t really have the room (or desire) to set my PEB back up. Thanks to all involved.

You are welcome to build your own interface, the entire project is open source.. The tested configuration is off the 44pin on the 32k.. that is what Matt designed it for, and has clearly stated since the genesis of this project..

Greg

• Like 2

Does it come with a an imaged sd card with pre-installed software? I have been waiting for this since its announcement and me coming back to the fold after many years away. I love fiddling with Raspberry Pi’s and combining it with the Ti is absolutely awesome. This is specifically why I bought a 32k stand-alone last year since I don’t really have the room (or desire) to set my PEB back up. Thanks to all involved.

No but I can add that to the store if needed. I'll put that together. This is really just the first release.. all the info is on the website..

http://ti994a.cwfk.net/TIPI.html

Greg

PS: Card https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/PRE-configured-8gb-flash-card-for-TIPI-RaspberryPI/p/103812839/category=28272181

• Like 1

Wow that didn't take long! icon_smile.gif

I'm hoping an SD card comes with the TIPI that's pre-configured.

Mice should be here tomorrow, but it might be another day or two before I get the power cord.

"hoping..." is a phenomenally odd thing to do...

TIPI installation instructions are on http://ti994a.cwfk.net/TIPI.html - I recommend reading installation instructions before purchasing, so you know what you are getting into.

This includes instructions for getting the sd-card IMAGE from my download page. You flash that to your own sd-card ( many PI's that ship with a good powersupply also come with an sdcard. ) hook everything up, power on, and the TI is the 'head' of your otherwise headless Raspberry PI.

Stock items included with TIPI are:

• the assembled TIPI pcboard,
  • 2 1x5 IDC cables to connect it to your Raspberry PI.

ArcadeShopper offers a preconfigured sd-card. But that is not a stock part of TIPI.

Technically, I still haven't announced release... So let me do that now: TIPI sideport edition is released.

I will compose a new thread for community support when I get a chance.

(edited: fixed link)

-M@

• Like 1

"hoping..." is a phenomenally odd thing to do...

TIPI installation instructions are on http://ti994a.cwfk.net/TIPI.html - I recommend reading installation instructions before purchasing, so you know what you are getting into.

This includes instructions for getting the sd-card IMAGE from my download page. You flash that to your own sd-card ( many PI's that ship with a good powersupply also come with an sdcard. ) hook everything up, power on, and the TI is the 'head' of your otherwise headless Raspberry PI.

Stock items included with TIPI are:

• the assembled TIPI pcboard,
  • 2 1x5 IDC cables to connect it to your Raspberry PI.

ArcadeShopper offers a preconfigured sd-card. But that is not a stock part of TIPI.

Technically, I still haven't announced release... So let me do that now: TIPI sideport edition is released.

I will compose a new thread for community support when I get a chance.

-M@

There is a few extract characters on your hyperlink Matt..

• Like 1

So, out of curiosity...

Will TIPi PEB use a CRU address? Will it play nicely with the other known cards we have in our system? How will it function in conjunction with the rs232 card, for example?

Forgive me for bringing the card version up (as I know you asked for patience on that front) but I am really curious how it will be implemented. As a sidecar, it has free reign as an autonomous expansion system, but as a card, there might be a lack of *shoulder room* so to speak.

Again, I know nothing of the project, just curious. :)

So, out of curiosity...

Will TIPi PEB use a CRU address? Will it play nicely with the other known cards we have in our system? How will it function in conjunction with the rs232 card, for example?

Forgive me for bringing the card version up (as I know you asked for patience on that front) but I am really curious how it will be implemented. As a sidecar, it has free reign as an autonomous expansion system, but as a card, there might be a lack of *shoulder room* so to speak.

Again, I know nothing of the project, just curious. :)

The sidecar has a configurable cru address so odds are so will the peb card. If you read the last 10 or so messages in the dev thread you will learn about how Matt made changes recently to make it work correctly for tml and support file buffers in vdp and make the setting based on cru address.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Greg

As I just stated this thread is the first time i became aware of this project, so I did not mean to offend anyone. It just seems to me that locking in to a "mear" 32K was limiting the greater appeal to many of us still eager to expand our TI systems.