IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

Well, I want to warn users here to watch out if they are ordering the My Arcade games online. My mom just got me a Burger Time off of an Amazon seller store, but instead of Burger Time on the game, it has Karate Champ! It was factory sealed in the Burger Time package and it's all labeled as a Burger Time on the game itself. To say the least, she is NOT happy and I admit to being a bit disappointed myself. I'd send it back, but the hassle of sending an already opened item back to Amazon just isn't worth it for an item that even the seller didn't know was faulty.

It's no hassle at all... go into your purchase history, initiate a return/exchange, tell them what happened and they'll send you a return shipping label you slap on the box to drop off in the mail. You'll get your replacement in no time.

Or maybe you could open the machine up, and rectify the solder pads to play the correct game. Assuming these are like the other machines where more games are included, but solder pads determine what comes up.

That's exactly what it is. Read his post again. BT box, BT art on the game. Karate Champ is on the chip inside.

This happened to a Facebook user... got a Burgertime game for Chrustmas and had Bad Dudes inside the innards of the unit.

Good part to this... email myarcade... go to their site myarcadegaming.com and fill out the form online and they will replace the unit with a proper Burgertime. A bummer but the company wants to make it right.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been eagerly awaiting news of the larger 10" games that My Arcade announced a few months back. Well I got an email from them the other day and here it is...

Data East Mini Player

They also have it listed on Amazon now, in stock on March 31st. $100 or 400 quarters

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a dedicated game, with cab and artwork to match. I was really hoping for a larger Burger Time. Yeah, this one has BT and 30+ more games but it's just not what I was looking for. It does feature arcade roms though so that's a plus. But for now, I'll hold out for those upcoming Namco titles and maybe, maybe at some point, try my luck with the 6" Burger Time.

I've been eagerly awaiting news of the larger 10" games that My Arcade announced a few months back. Well I got an email from them the other day and here it is...

Data East Mini Player

They also have it listed on Amazon now, in stock on March 31st. $100 or 400 quarters

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a dedicated game, with cab and artwork to match. I was really hoping for a larger Burger Time. Yeah, this one has BT and 30+ more games but it's just not what I was looking for. It does feature arcade roms though so that's a plus. But for now, I'll hold out for those upcoming Namco titles and maybe, maybe at some point, try my luck with the 6" Burger Time.

Yet why is it that Gamestop sells it for $20 less? I don't get this -- https://www.gamestop.com/elect/electronics/my-arcade-10-inch-data-east-arcade-machine/155884

Yet why is it that Gamestop sells it for $20 less? I don't get this -- https://www.gamestop.com/elect/electronics/my-arcade-10-inch-data-east-arcade-machine/155884

Nice find...my bet is because they don't actually have it yet as it says it's unavailable online and no stores have it yet, at least in my area. It's either going up to $99 or Amazon and My Arcade will be dropping their prices to match what Gamestop is listing. Let's hope it drops. icon_wink.gif

Either way though I do have a physical B&M Gamestop in my town. So hopefully they'll get one in where I might actually be able to see it in person. Still, doubtful I pick one up at either price. I want a dedicated cab. icon_mrgreen.gif

They had it, a couple people on this site I think or it was another somewhere had put in a preorder last year and they got them sometime this month finally. They confirmed before that website was updated as you saw it as to having the arcade games and they run surprisingly well.

They had it, a couple people on this site I think or it was another somewhere had put in a preorder last year and they got them sometime this month finally. They confirmed before that website was updated as you saw it as to having the arcade games and they run surprisingly well.

I had no idea they were doing pre-orders on these. I'm really not interested in the combo packs like this Data East anyway. Wake me up when they come out with larger (10" or higher) dedicated machines. icon_smile.gif

They probably will snap off depending how tough you get. Aren't they plastic? The appearance of them look much like the early 90s still around Gravis Gamepad Pro design which has a d-pad with a screw on in the center joystick that stands out just over an inch. Often they're missing, equally often the reason is that it broke off in the metallic screw hole for it which is just bad lazy design not making the stick metal too. I've got one here I found somewhat recently, great controller but I fear breaking that thing off of there given the age.

Don't count on a stand alone 10" of a single game, no money in it for them. Even if they did could you imagine how greedy they'd get when they justify $35 for the same size/capability unit as the $20 Bridge Direct Atari/Midway stuff? They'd probably want $80 for it with $100 for the multi game system since they appear to have jacked the price up.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was checking out the local ToysRUs (while one still can), and I came across a bunch of these things I'd never seen before:

post-26894-0-74582600-1523146255_thumb.jpg

They're basically mini Not-LEGO kits, sold by Bridge Direct. In addition to the Breakout and Space Invaders machines which I picked up, they also had Centipede, Frogger, Asteroids and Q-Bert. It only occurred to me after the fact that were the same game licenses as their working mini arcade units -with the exception of Breakout. I wonder if this answers the question of what other mini arcade they will be releasing alongside Defender?

• Like 1

I picked up one of the Rampage units from Wal-Mart on an impulse buy, played it a few minutes but doubt it will be turned on again. The garish coloring on Ralph's sprite looks like the result of a Game Genie code. No real reason to play this instead of using a real controller on a TV screen.

These are based on VT0X (3?) hardware and not vanilla NOAC globtops. You can tell by the color usage on the title and character select screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed that the Cracker Barrel tiny arcades are now available on Amazon (and a few bucks cheaper too). Now I can complete my set, as the store nearby never had Galaga.

Also checked the Super Impulse website, looks like they will have three more this summer: http://superimpulse.com/our-brands/tiny-arcade-2/

• Like 2

I just noticed that the Cracker Barrel tiny arcades are now available on Amazon (and a few bucks cheaper too). Now I can complete my set, as the store nearby never had Galaga.

Also checked the Super Impulse website, looks like they will have three more this summer: http://superimpulse.com/our-brands/tiny-arcade-2/

aah nice.. 3 new ones coming! Galaga, Dig Dug, and Frogger. I'm all over it. :)

• Like 1

I hope these are a little more faithful to the original games, but that might be a tall order for the price.

I found them plenty faithful for what they are. And I prefer and like the fact that they are unique mini recreations. taking their own tiny liberties. Especially these days when you have zero shortage of 1: Little arcade machines w/ a Rpi stuck in there running mame (there's your faithfulness.. if you're looking for it). Or alternatively 2) Little arcade machines with a NES on a chip. Amazon is chock full of those :lol: