IGNORED

COMPLETE: Spies in the Night

graywest

I was hoping to see a dark color option available with the B/W Switch or something... but this package is so attractive I think Ill be ordering it anyway.

"Black" or regular edition, this game is great. :thumbsup: You won't be disappointed. The label variations are cool, but one of my favs is Arenafoot's text label: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/238911-complete-spies-in-the-night/?p=3610419

post-21941-0-51782200-1520183620.jpg

• Like 2

There were only 10 "Black Editions" to be had (with the Gold label)

Thats really cool. However, I was referring to dark colors in the game. So if I get tired of playing it in black n white, I could flip the switch and play in color. When I get tired of the color variation, flip the switch to go back to the noir black n white. Its cool regardless, but yeah, I was hoping for a color option via B/W switch or even game select switch.

• Like 1

Thats really cool. However, I was referring to dark colors in the game. So if I get tired of playing it in black n white, I could flip the switch and play in color. When I get tired of the color variation, flip the switch to go back to the noir black n white. Its cool regardless, but yeah, I was hoping for a color option via B/W switch or even game select switch.

It takes place at night so the black and white makes sense. It would be hard to come up with a color scheme that would look right. Or did you just want a splash of color?

post-3832-0-94069400-1520212238.png

• Like 1

oh....sorry misunderstood - thought you were referring to the "Black Version"

It takes place at night so the black and white makes sense. It would be hard to come up with a color scheme that would look right. Or did you just want a splash of color?

attachicon.gifSpiesInTheNight color.png

wow - i like the blue!

I havent played around with colors on this to see what might look good. That splash of blue in your pic is cool tho. Ive been away for a while and should be getting back home by Tues night, so if I think of it, I could play around in photoshop with the color palette and see if anything looks right... not that anything could/would be changed now, but just to satisfy my curiosity.

One thing I do know about 2600 colors though: a lot of them arent that dark even at their darkest. Ex: F0 will just look more red on real hardware and a lot of tvs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some stage and screen indicator would have been good. When I died the first time I wasn't sure if the game was over (so I hit reset) and how close I am to clearing a stage.

Keep an eye on the lighthouse. It starts on the right side of the screen, as you get closer to it you will see that it moves towards the left side of the screen.

The game is over when you run out of time, getting shot just takes away some time by making you start back at the beginning of the screen.

Keep an eye on the lighthouse. It starts on the right side of the screen, as you get closer to it you will see that it moves towards the left side of the screen.

The game is over when you run out of time, getting shot just takes away some time by making you start back at the beginning of the screen.

I see, thanks. Though it still doesn't tell you the stage number, right?

And I figured out the second part though it was just my first time feeling when i played the game. Didn't read the other posts at first and the first post mentioned lives.

Edited by Tangentg

I see, thanks. Though it still doesn't tell you the stage number, right?

And I figured out the second part though it was just my first time feeling when i played the game. Didn't read the other posts at first and the first post mentioned lives.

unlimited lives because you are racing against the clock - the game is over when you run out of time before hitting the detonator and the title screen with your score at the bottom shows up

as far as knowing what level you are on.... you can see from my upcoming book - 10k pts per completed level and 100 pts per completed screen, so if you want to figure out where you were at the end of the game, your score will tell you based on these numbers

post-2652-0-59897900-1523246442_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

That's a very good question, and I honestly have no idea. I didn't program anything in particular to happen when you reach 999,999, or any range checking on scores that high, so I guess it depends on the default behavior of Batari Basic. You're the first I've heard of that has played long enough to see that.

In other words, it probably does roll over. I'm glad to know that it does - that's better than a crash or a freeze!

Does the score flip after 999,999? I played this game for over an hour the other day and my final score wasn't even 200k, when I made 60K on a far shorter game

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am actually working on another game and have dropped 20 lighthouses already, but am taking my time since the game has a great integral pause feature every time I drop a lighthouse... My strategy is to drop 5 lighthouses, get some work done, and then drop another 5 an hour or so later - hoping to find out what happens when/if you roll it...

• Like 1