IGNORED

Flying Shark

Asmusr

Another minor version including:

- Keyboard control. If you press a keyboard key to start you use S, D, E, X, and Space. If you press joystick fire [or move the joystick] you use the joystick.

- High score list. Displayed after a few seconds on the title screen. (Sorry Omega, no saving to disk).

- Quit key support.

flying-shark-8.bin

flying-shark.rpk

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 6

Fantastic game.
I see a little problem with coincidence (on classic 99 emulator): 1 bullet sometimes hits enemy plane, but plane not explodes!

I see similar problem in demon attack on real hardware: on high level (you must kill demon twice) monster shots are sometimes too fast for coincidence with your space ship.

I have made a few more changes and fixed a few more bugs, and I don't think I'm going to change the game any further unless serious bugs are discovered.

One of the late changes is that if you have a power-up (double or triple shot) and you are hit, you lose your power-up before you die completely. This makes the game a bit easier, so to compensate you lose all power-ups when you start a new level.

Another change is that a smart bomb simply delivers one damage to each enemy rather than destroying some enemies completely and leaving others alone.

I have also added some new sound effects and a screen when you win the game (reach the end of level 4).

flying-shark-rc1-8.bin

flying-shark-rc1.rpk

• Like 8

Thank you Rasmus! :thumbsup: That'll be good enough! Now I'll be able to take a picture, because, "It's all a fish story without proof!" ;)

I wonder if you're still able to get through the first and perhaps subsequent levels? It would be great with some more testing before we start burning ROMs.

• Like 1

I

I wonder if you're still able to get through the first and perhaps subsequent levels? It would be great with some more testing before we start burning ROMs.

made it pretty far into level 2 today - When I pressed alt print screen to take a screenshot, it started a new game :( so I can't prove it at the moment) - But I can say this is really a great thing you have done here.

I may have noticed some weirdness with hit detection (like not getting killed when I should have) but I would need to record the gameplay then go back to review it again to be sure. which i may do n my next play through.

• Like 1

Hmmm... sounds like a challenge? :grin:

I have Tuesday off, so sometime during the day I'll setup the video camera and play a game to see what I can do! :thumbsup:

• Like 1