IGNORED

4K Short'n'Sweet game contest

Asmusr

Here's a version that works in js99er.net. It's sensitive about the case of the filenames in the XML.

Ah, duh. Very pebkac. A request though - if JS99er had acknowledged receiving the file I would have dug deeper. I was never sure if the file was ever received - maybe a note in the log? :)

Thanks! Kind of what Willsy did with TurboForth and Jetpac :)

Can we convert this to a FinalGrom image then?

FinalGrom uses standard non-inverted cartridge images (AFAIK!). This image isn't banked at all, so it should work fine. ;)

• Like 1

attachicon.gif4K-contest-banner.jpg

Just a Page with Play-on-Line and invitation to vote on the TI99iuc website :)

Only Missing two games Vortex and 7th Pong (just waiting for an rpk file) that i not be able to run on the website version of js99er.

Thanks Ciro,

your page is very useful! Due to my lack of experience with TI99, the procedures for downloading and executing the games are a bit intimidating and may e time consuming. Having the chance of trying them quickly and comfortably from the browser is really nice!

Then, after voting, I wll take my time to try to learn how to execute them on emulators and real TI's :-)

• Like 1

Thanks Ciro,

You're welcome and thanks for the kindly words Count9929A, my hope was just that, that all people that usually don't use emulators and do not know how to load a game image can play and try a game only by clicking on a link.

js99er.net already offer a great online emulator with most of the game already on line and playable and the idea was started from that, i always thank Rasmus for his support also for implementing his emulator on my website.

Of course if you will need help to understand how execute software on emulators i offering support to you ;) just with MESS i still not so good.

you guys amaze me with what you were able to do in 4k. I would be curious to know how all that speech and music was crammed into pong

No magic involved. Sound list isn't compressed. Neither is the LPC speech synth data.

Only have RLE encoded title screen patterns and tiles.

I guess it could probably be compressed some more, but will have to do. You can check the source code here:

https://github.com/FilipVanVooren/7th-Pong/blob/master/source/7thpong_cart.asm

• Like 1

Just reviewed the current running results with my in-house statistician. MY view of the results is spot-on with the numbers, HOWEVER, the public results are "reversed," in a sense as these show the average number ranking, not the actual weighted ranking. Kind-of weird and I have no idea why they do that.

Below are the current weighted results in bar graph. Once the competition is completed we can use the tabled data to determine place winners.

post-27864-0-57368600-1523584306.png

• Like 1

QUICK REMINDER!

Voting closes Sunday morning at 6:00am EDT. Saturday (today) is your last day to play* and vote if you have not already.

* Though you may, and are encouraged to, continue playing after voting closes :)

• Like 3

Well done! It was fun participating. For me it was the first game I finished in a long time! Im very impressed with the results of what you guys cane up with. 9 new games at once, crazy! Each of the games I played is in a league of its own. Also like that source code was shared and I am hoping it will inspire some Ti-99/4a programmers to try out assembly language.

Assembly language is not hard and it is no magic, you just have to think in small steps compared to a high level language like extended basic. For that you get insane speed and total control of the machine. Not a bad deal if you ask me. ;-)

Yes, for me, the challenge was creating a complete game in console BASIC in under 4K... It took a ton of trial and error, code cramming, and compressing, and (while not a hyper-fast arcade game) I accomplished my goal. It was a blast, and Im glad I participated.

The offerings by all the contributors were great fun, and I enjoyed playing all of them, and will for years to come.

• Like 1

Has anyone looked into creating a cartridge image with the 9 games? I'm thinking about putting something together using Tursi's multicart menu. Two of the games, Fork and Bounce'n'Pounce, need some RAM so those could be provided as both 32K and FG99 versions. Does anyone see any problems with this?

• Like 4