IGNORED

Best Party Games

redsteakraw

Anything four player like Warlords or Steeplechase...I've got the arcade versions as well. The 6 player arcade Steeplechase gets zero play unless I'm having people over. It's amazing how much fun it becomes once people get a few drinks in them. :D

post-6333-0-08937700-1523627701_thumb.jpg

Edited by racerx
  • Like 1

Video Olympics, Medieval Mayhem (no longer play Warlords thanks to this), Track and Field, Decathlon, Summer, Winter and California games, Starpath's Party Mix and a bunch of great 2-player games where the loser relinquishes their controller to the next person ready to play.

• Like 1

Anything four player like Warlords or Steeplechase...I've got the arcade versions as well. The 6 player arcade Steeplechase gets zero play unless I'm having people over. It's amazing how much fun it becomes once people get a few drinks in them. :D

So the paddle knob on the VCS version is unnecessary?

Video Olympics, Medieval Mayhem (no longer play Warlords thanks to this), Track and Field, Decathlon, Summer, Winter and California games, Starpath's Party Mix and a bunch of great 2-player games where the loser relinquishes their controller to the next person ready to play.

So are you a big Epyx fan? How much better is Medieval Mayhem and is there a 1 player option?

Yeah, the Epyx games are fun and were huge back in the day. Didn't even have to be into sports to like them, especially the C64 offerings. World Games, Skiing and more were very popular.

Medieval Mayhem does have a single player option (among others selectable via a menu) and much better graphics, animation and gameplay than Warlords. Highly recommended!

So the paddle knob on the VCS version is unnecessary?

on the VCS port of Steeplechase the paddle adjusts the height thehorse will jump. you can always set to max height but will affect the time. a shorter time will win the race

I would love to play the arcade version :love:

How much better is Medieval Mayhem and is there a 1 player option?

Key things are multiple fireballs, more angles of travel, more variation in speed, and you can damage your own castle if you hold the fireball for too long.

Cosmetic enhancements are improved graphics, the dragon, and the knight as well as stereo sound on modded consoles.

There's also the fancy menu, as opposed to having to look up options in a game grid. Not sure if that falls under Key or Cosmetic :ponder:

You can try it out in Stella and on a Harmony Cart, see my signature.

• Like 1

Maze Craze and Indy 500 are hilarious with mates and a few drinks under the belt. Plenty of game variations to try.

Frogs and Flies is a simple 2 player game and good when downing some golden amber fluids.

Motorodeo for some fun drag racing. Have the manual handy at first to get on top of the controls.

Edited by spriggamortis

Maze Craze and Indy 500 are hilarious with mates and a few drinks under the belt. Plenty of game variations to try.

Frogs and Flies is a simple 2 player game and good when downing some golden amber fluids.

Motorodeo for some fun drag racing. Have the manual handy at first to get on top of the controls.

I have every one of them but Motorodeo, I never saw one out in the wild.

Below are the big hits from my last party.

-------

Assembloids

Breakout

Falldown

Frogger

Kaboom!

Pac-Man 4K

Wall Jump Ninja

-------

Astroblaster

Centipede TB

Donkey Kong PK

Robotron

Super Circus AtariAge

Right! Party games don't always need to conform to a 2+ player model. Rarely ever do actually. Any time people get together to enjoy Atari is a beautiful thing. Even single player, just pass that controller when it's time! :love:

• Like 1

Even single player… just pass that controller when it's time! :love:

Exactly! Some of my friends were amazed by the sounds and visuals of DK PK and Pac-Man 4K. Those two ended up on dedicated consoles, because they received so much attention. One of my friends even placed a quarter on the 2600 that was running DK-PK. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...