IGNORED

Sega to Intellivision controller adapter

grips03

Finally got to do just a little testing with mine. It's great!

You may have heard me talking on podcast(s) about the arcade stick I created that can be either an Atari or Genesis controller. The Genesis compatibility feature was in anticipation of this adapter. It's really great playing arcade ports and/or arcade style games with a true arcade joystick on real Inty hardware!

I only tried a couple of games so far: Ms Pacman and Boulder Dash -- so no real putting the keypad through any paces yet. But I saw no issues at all. Just great control. No strange sounds or anything like that either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received my updated adapter yesterday and ran a few tests. I played River Raid, and Boulder Dash with my CX-40. I played Ms. Pac-Man and Christmas Carol with my 3-button Genesis controller.

The adapter works well, each game played as expected and I did not experience any sound issues with Boulder Dash.

BTW, my copy of Boulder Dash is S/N 0102. I love Boulder Dash...did I mention that I love Boulder Dash?

Very satisfied customer.

Thank you grips03!

post-21941-0-03401900-1523814740.jpg

• Like 2

Just saw this...Again. It seems you built 9 or 10 of these and sold only 5?

If so, I'd be interested in buying 1 if you have any available?

I don't know how I dropped the ball on this?

Sales are on hold for now. Once I hear back from all the ones sold that they are working good for them I'll open sales again. Price might increase by $10 dues to costs.

• Like 1

I feel like this would be a must-have for games like Boulder Dash and the DK games. My biggest issue is the button mapping. For Genesis controllers, why require B+C to be pressed for the 3rd Intv button? Would be so much better to map it the Intv buttons to A, B, and C.

I feel like this would be a must-have for games like Boulder Dash and the DK games. My biggest issue is the button mapping. For Genesis controllers, why require B+C to be pressed for the 3rd Intv button? Would be so much better to map it the Intv buttons to A, B, and C.

What you describe exists on my bench. In its current form it does not support Atari 2600 controller, its Genesis only. I may release it down the road if there is more interest. Selling 9 pieces of custom hardware it is hard to justify, need 20 orders. It supports 3 and 6 button Genesis controller. 6 button works in 3 button mode. Start button is currently mapped to 1+9 / 3+7 (Pause for many games).

Hey guys...

I was having the sound issued with my adapter, but found that the problem was actually the power supply that I'd used. Make sure you snag one of the power supplied from Digikey that is mentioned in the first post and you should have no problems. My adapter works great and i'm not hearing sound issues or anything like that. This is a great product and really makes playing the arcade style games on the Inty a fun experience.

Also thanks to grips03 for all of the support over DM!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just want to say my adapter has been working perfectly ever since I purchased it earlier this year.. No issues whatsoever. I've already been thoroughly enjoying my Grips03 Inty arcade controller for quite some time, and now, being able to use a Genesis controller on the Inty is the icing on the cake! :)

I highly recommend buying one of these controller adapters! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I just want to say my adapter has been working perfectly ever since I purchased it earlier this year.. No issues whatsoever. I've already been thoroughly enjoying my Grips03 Inty arcade controller for quite some time, and now, being able to use a Genesis controller on the Inty is the icing on the cake! :)

I highly recommend buying one of these controller adapters! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

+1 on the recommendation. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Getting to play Astro Invader with a Sega Genesis Arcade Power Stick is awesome!

• Like 3