IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

• 4 weeks later...

If my computer only has 64K, will I be able to play Mario Bros and Battlezone (XE versions which are 128K with bankswitching) using the Uno Cart?

You will absolutely be able to play the CAR or ROM format versions of these two games on the UNO cart on a 64k machine. I play them often via UNO Cart on my stock 800XL. It is only the XEX file versions of these games that you need a machine with more RAM.

• Like 1

Hi,

Is there a reason of specifically using CBS cartridge?

Someone has experience putting the UNO cart in standard Atari 800 brown cartridge? Or standard xe grey cartridge?

Thanks

Mauri

Quick update. Fantastic, awesome, incredible...

...except for the case. So I decided to do something about it. Nothing fancy and not done yet, but here are the results from an extra CBS Software cartridge I had.

- Shaved a tiny bit off two posts (45 degree angle so the UNO fit)

- Drilled a hole for the reset button.

- Lay UNO cart in place (perfect fit)

- Put it all back together (one screw)

- DONE!

Will look into MicroSD card opening as well as programming connections, but since I have just about every possible 8-bit file I would ever want on there, no immediate need. Worst case scenario, remove one screw and remove MicroSD and/or re-flash, etc.

1111172029_HDR1.jpg

1111172029b_HDR1.jpg

1111172030_HDR1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

MacRorie, Looking at your catalog, and was a bit confused by something...

Isn't the first item in the list the same as "without case?"

Sorry about that. There are a couple of answers to this question. The first is that I lowered prices awhile ago and forgot to change everything. The second is that the first price ($55) is with the default black case. The $60 price is with a color other than black.

However, I fixed it! Thanks for letting me know! $55/$60/$53

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

If you are still looking for an Ultimate Cart and/or an UNO cart, eBay is doing a 20% off coupon! PSPRING20 It is valid until 8 pm 09 March Friday-Today. Save up to $19 on the Ultimate and $11.20 on the UNO

Here is a link to all of my auctions

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yctetvoc

-M

• Like 2

Folks,

If you are still looking for an Ultimate Cart and/or an UNO cart, eBay is doing a 20% off coupon! PSPRING20 It is valid until 8 pm 09 March Friday-Today. Save up to $19 on the Ultimate and $11.20 on the UNO

Here is a link to all of my auctions

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yctetvoc

-M

so confused, your post is 8:31pm but it expired 8pm. oh well. it happens...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noob first post here.

I've assembled my UNO cart following the DIY instructions in the Excel Magazine after purchasing a cartridge breakout board from Robert .

However when I switch on my 130XE it just goes straight to BASIC instead of the UNO menu , notice that I haven't connected an SD board yet.

I've reverified all 30 wires twice , erased and reprogrammed the STM32 twice , is there a key combination I should press when powering on my 130XE ?

Noob first post here.

I've assembled my UNO cart following the DIY instructions in the Excel Magazine after purchasing a cartridge breakout board from Robert .

However when I switch on my 130XE it just goes straight to BASIC instead of the UNO menu , notice that I haven't connected an SD board yet.

I've reverified all 30 wires twice , erased and reprogrammed the STM32 twice , is there a key combination I should press when powering on my 130XE ?

No, no key combination is needed. Question, do you have the breakout board in the correct way?

No, no key combination is needed. Question, do you have the breakout board in the correct way?

Yes, I followed the Excel article and as indicated in the picture my header pins are on top of the S - A side since I have an 130XE.

Robin also suggested to recheck my wires, next think I'm going to check my solder points.

Funny thing is that I see the STM32 booting based on the LED's but no menu.

@Lastic, it might be worth giving the firmware attached a try.

In developing it I think I recall it going through a period of instability on some machines which eventually passed.
Its compatible with the existing firmware, I'd mostly split up the sources for easier understanding.

The extra two roms are demos of using code on the STM32F4 to benefit from sharing the cart area memory.

firmware.zip

• Like 1