IGNORED

80 columns with F18A and Extended BASIC

senior_falcon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

gallery_34177_1071_33847.gif

Attached is T80XB ALTAIR which is a slightly revised version of T80XB. A couple of bugs were fixed, but the big change is that you can now combine T80XB with your XB program, making a nice, neat one program package. The video above shows T80DEMOHM running everything from a single program

T80XB ALTAIR.zip

• Like 10

This is freaking slick! If a program written with this package could be compiled, it would only be a matter of time before for an "XTREE like" program could developed. (It would not need to be as sophisticated.)

Can you imagine how easy it would be for a guy with gobs of stuff on a hard drive or TIPI SD card to just highlight any E/A 5 program and load it? It would be a major development for the TI. I'd put something like this on the first page of a BATCH file in 4A DOS. Right now I'm using batch files like Direct Access from my old PC days.

275px-Xtreegold-3.0.png

• Like 1

This is freaking slick! If a program written with this package could be compiled, it would only be a matter of time before for an "XTREE like" program could developed. (It would not need to be as sophisticated.)

Can you imagine how easy it would be for a guy with gobs of stuff on a hard drive or TIPI SD card to just highlight any E/A 5 program and load it? It would be a major development for the TI. I'd put something like this on the first page of a BATCH file in 4A DOS. Right now I'm using batch files like Direct Access from my old PC days.

275px-Xtreegold-3.0.png

can't read a disk catalog in the compiler.. doesn't support that file type

275px-Xtreegold-3.0.png

You can do it in XB, just not as fast.

You can do it in XB, just not as fast.

Well, with everything great on the TI, some limitations are always included. :_(

Currently I'm using my super-dooper auto-loading DOS cartridge to load most of my non cartridge based programs. It works great on most E/A 5's and even E/A 3's but nothing in BASIC or Extended BASIC.

I'm afraid it would require extensive merging with ExtendedBASIC on the 1284P and 49F040 with calls to link the code. I'm gonna chalk this one up in the column of, "It's NEVER gonna happen". Even IF it were possible, it would take way too much time and effort, so it would be rude to even suggest it. I'll get by with the DOS' built in directory capabilities.

I've yet to try it, but suppose something like that (if small enough) could run with the memory restricted disk baesd 80 column Cortex BASIC, but that version is low on features, which would probably prevent it's development and implementation.

There's already an XTree type program for 80 column cards. I think it was written by Oliver Arnold of TI-Club ERRORFREE (in Germany). http://www.errorfree.de/index-e.html .

I seem to remember it was quite large though, and written in C99.

If you want it and can't find it, I will probably be able to dig it out.

Thanks, I went through the list a couple of times, but nothing popped out and caught my attention.

I know some of the old 80 column programs for the 9938/58 do not always work on the F18A due to memory issues, but I'll give it a go if you find it and link to it. :thumbsup:

The attached list below is obviously in need of updating as T80XB is not even included! (Sorry) :woozy:

I'd like to get this listing up-to-date for everyone, especially for those planning to buy new F18A's. If I can update this list before the next batch is released, they'll be able to plan ahead. So, if I could get the help of the community, or at least the programmers that want their stuff included, please post a message (and link if available). Thanks again.

Tentative List Pending Upates.pdf