IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

Time for an update :)

Build 27 Release:

- 08/26/2017 - Added Save Path to Remember Last Folder Saved To.
- 08/26/2017 - Fixed Saving File Content from File View Tab.
- 08/27/2017 - Fixed Show Items in Sub Menu for DOS XE Files.
- 08/31/2017 - Fixed Viewing PRO Images.
- 09/01/2017 - Added Recent Images Menu (Holds Last 10 Opened Files).
- 10/18/2017 - Fixed DOS 3 Support.
- 10/19/2017 - Fixed DOS XL Support.
- 10/23/2017 - Fixed OSS OS/A+ 4.x Support.
- 05/27/2018 - Fixed Viewing Files for TOP-DOS 1.5+ and PRO v1d.
- 06/07/2018 - Fixed Viewing some Turbo Basic Files.
- 06/07/2018 - Fixed Viewing Basic Files with 256 Variable Names.
- 06/08/2018 - Fixed Converting ANSI to ATASCII Files (Cr/Lf).
- 06/08/2018 - Added Saving Fixed Variable Name Table to Basic Files.
- 06/09/2018 - Added Changed Initial Variable Names in Wiped VNT.
- 06/11/2018 - Added Editing Basic Variable Names with Wiped VNT.

ATRTOOLS-027E.ZIP

• Like 16

Hi,

i still have no luck to run this program but this time with win10x64.

Again, I have the process in my task manager but no window.

Maybe because i'm dual screen ?

On a mono-screen it seems to run.

I tried with compatibility and with admin mode, no luck.

Edited by Marsupilami

Hi,

i still have no luck to run this program but this time with win10x64.

Again, I have the process in my task manager but no window.

Maybe because i'm dual screen ?

On a mono-screen it seems to run.

I tried with compatibility and with admin mode, no luck.

Do not own Win 7, 8, or 10 - but ATRTools Build 27 seems to run fine under Win XP 32Bit... (not fully tested yet, it executes, displays the DIR of an ATR and a few other things).

• Like 1

I finally tried this program today.. Very nifty, and interesting to explore disk images!

I tried importing a file into a SpartaDOS image, and although it imported the correct time, the date is 100 years off... The going convention seems to have started back at 00 in the SpartaDOS date stamp for 2000, rather than simply Current year -1900. I guess you'd need some logic for year after current year = 19xx, current year and earlier =20xx

Also, when exporting a file to windows, it would be nice to have the exported file reflect the original Date/Time stamp if using a SpartaDOS disk. It currently just stamps current time.

and 1 last feature request.... Ability to drag/drop files in/out of an ATR..

Cheers!

Ran

post-53052-0-23610000-1528846573_thumb.png

I feel that I had difficulty running a previous build of ATR Tools but this new version seems to run just fine for me on my 64bit Win10 system.

I was using "Atadim tool by Raster" to import EXE files on my PC into new ATRs but it was somewhat limited in what I could do with them. I am looking forward to giving "ATR Tools" a good test; it already looks like I will be able to do more with it. I guess that I'll probably have to pull the 1050 out of its storage spot and write a few more real disks now.

Thanks for the update. This looks like exactly the program that I was looking for. :)

Edited by SS

Can this be used to make a .BAS file play on an SIO2SD?

You should be able to create a new ATR and import your .BAS files into it and then mount the resulting ATR in D1 on your SIO2SD and load the .BAS files from BASIC like you would from a real floppy drive.

You should be able to create a new ATR and import your .BAS files into it and then mount the resulting ATR in D1 on your SIO2SD and load the .BAS files from BASIC like you would from a real floppy drive.

Well, I got it working and I'm not sure I even know how!

I created a DOS 2.5 ATR which I loaded and then exited and got to the READY prompt. I brought up the .BAS file on D1 on my SIOSD and typed in: LOAD "D1:filename.bas and it ran. Sweetness!

• Like 1

I finally tried this program today.. Very nifty, and interesting to explore disk images!

I tried importing a file into a SpartaDOS image, and although it imported the correct time, the date is 100 years off... The going convention seems to have started back at 00 in the SpartaDOS date stamp for 2000, rather than simply Current year -1900. I guess you'd need some logic for year after current year = 19xx, current year and earlier =20xx

Also, when exporting a file to windows, it would be nice to have the exported file reflect the original Date/Time stamp if using a SpartaDOS disk. It currently just stamps current time.

and 1 last feature request.... Ability to drag/drop files in/out of an ATR..

Cheers!

Ran

I've seen other recent Sparta Dos ATR's from other developers that use the same value for the year. A value < 100 = 19xx, 20xx with be 100+...

What OS are you using? Dag-n-Drop has been implemented. To Export a file, Right-Click on it and choose Extract.

Adding a Time Stamp on Extracted files is doable, but what about DOS's that don't have a Time Stamp like Sparta Dos? Make them using a date from 1985?

I've seen other recent Sparta Dos ATR's from other developers that use the same value for the year. A value < 100 = 19xx, 20xx with be 100+...

What OS are you using? Dag-n-Drop has been implemented. To Export a file, Right-Click on it and choose Extract.

Adding a Time Stamp on Extracted files is doable, but what about DOS's that don't have a Time Stamp like Sparta Dos? Make them using a date from 1985?

year in Sparta is just 1900 + the byte, so technically it can go to 1900+256=2156, but native Sparta starts showing ascii characters in the datestamp and TDLine beyond year 99. The 'updated' TDLine utilities were fixed by calculating weekdays from Jan 1 2000. After 2000 with my old TD Line utility the only way I could get it to have the correct weekday was entering year 2000 as 100, 2001 as 101, etc (with aforementioned year display issues on tdline and filestamps)

I'll try drag+drop some more. I've only tested so far on 1 Win7 x64 machine.

If exporting a file from a DOS with no time stamp, I'd say stamping with current date on PC side as it does now would be just fine... but would be nice to preserve them when they are available.

I think we need drag'n'drop capability when first opening an image to work with. At least a drag'n'dop onto the .exe or shortcut. Going through the menu is tedious when working with many disk images.

Which OS are you using?

Drag-n-Drop works from Win95 to XP and I think I checked it on Win 7 too...

Executable runs and appears in task list but with no GUI visible and no task bar entry in Windows 10 x64 here. Tried unplugging the second monitor and running the application in compatibility mode but no dice.

It works for me fine on Win10 64.

The problem described in post #120 (with a note from Phaeon in post #122) still exists but the ATRtools windows finally shows up after some 30 seconds. Perhaps you experience an extreme variant of it.

Edited by DjayBee

It works for me fine on Win10 64.

The problem described in post #120 (with a note from Phaeon in post #122) still exists but the ATRtools windows finally shows up after some 30 seconds. Perhaps you experience an extreme variant of it.

Ahhhh, might have been distracted that day and SendNotifyMessage() may not have beent applied.