I should post this to Pascal rather than development resources, but I'm too lazy.

eXecute the MODCOL program on disk 712a before running the binary tree sample (TURTTREE or TURTTREE1) in the Turtle graphics library. Without, it's black on sky blue and a great example of bitmap graphics. With, it's all kinds of colors on black. Excuse me, while I kiss the sky.

If helpful I can post my steps. Again, just seeing how far I can push the emulator. Turns out, pretty far.

@tursi == creator_of_universes But I know it's > @tursi and I thank you all.

Best regards,

R.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Early this morning, I wrote that I wouldn't buy a p-code card, only for one to turn up on e-bay from a buyer several of you have written is reputable, and for a price that's not unreasonable given scarcity. Now I'm thinking, maybe it's not a bad thing to do. There is something about running on the actual environment, and not a simulator.

Well, I think you will find that even with a pcode card, you will still want to program in emulation simply because it's far more reliable, less clunky and most importantly eminently portable. I have a chess project I'm working on in Pascal on the TI and that's what I'm doing, and periodically I'd transfer my work to the real machine for testing and storage.

BTW, did you end up buying the card? :)

Well, I think you will find that even with a pcode card, you will still want to program in emulation simply because it's far more reliable, less clunky and most importantly eminently portable. I have a chess project I'm working on in Pascal on the TI and that's what I'm doing, and periodically I'd transfer my work to the real machine for testing and storage.

BTW, did you end up buying the card? :)

Absolutely, and yes I'm using the emulator. Can't top it from an efficiency perspective. I'm re-learning a lot, and the emulator makes it less time consuming to do so.

And yes I DID end up buying the p-code card! I know, I know, it's a vanity purchase. But there's something about running bits of code on the real h/w that can't be beat.

Still, I'm eternally grateful for the emulator.

• Like 3

And yes I DID end up buying the p-code card! I know, I know, it's a vanity purchase. But there's something about running bits of code on the real h/w that can't be beat.

That is indeed the charm and attraction of the hobby: coercing a 38 year old machine to do your bidding :) Also goes by the term "masochism" which most of us here seem to suffer from...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated the DevRes thread:

* Added Bluewizard alternative "Python Wizard".

* Added reference to the community thread "The TI-99/4A Operating System"

* Added reference to source code of Hopper and Moonmine

* Fixed URL for TI-Invaders source code.

* Added FinalGROM to homebrew hardware section.

* Use new subdomain aa-ti994a.oratronik.de instead of "atariage.oratronik.de" which I removed. (Don't think its polite to use atariage as subdomain name, hence reason for adjustment)

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated the DevRes thread:

Extended Basic - Software

* Added "Extended Basic Game Developers Package "Encruzado"

* Added T80XB (80 column upgrade Extended Basic)

Thank you senior_falcon for the heads-up.

Technical Documentation

* Added "Interface standard & Design Guide for TI 99/4A peripherals"

* Added "File operations in assembly language"

* Removed "Guide for ROM command module", target PDF rom_command_module_v2.pdf was missing. Sorry Owen, was not able to find it.

Others

* Removed links to YAHOO!TI-99/4a list groups 1+2 and the TMS9900 programming list group. The links were dead.

* Checked URL links in thread. Corrections still pending, but this is the way to move forward. Reminder for myself. For checking I used https://validator.w3.org

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE: updated the manual to v2.

I created a manual and package for little known Peter Kull's Extended BASIC II. It's like TML but with less features. Still, a nice programming package with some hi res graphics and a clock.

And if anyone has more info on this program let me know.

check it out on my blog.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/528/entry-15818-kull-extended-basic-ii-ti-99-xb-extensions/

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 3

DevRes sticky thread updated. :)

• Replaced "Frappato" XB compiler with new version "ISABELLA". Thank you @senior_falcon
  • Added "ROM Command Module Guide 2.0" to the Technical Documentation section. Thank you @Ksarul.
  • Added the TI Synth Editor program to the speech section. Thank you @pixelpedant.
  • Added CAMEL99 V2 Forth to the "Forth - Software" section. Thank you @TheBF.
  • Added the TI Hardware manual. Thank you @InsaneMultitasker.
  • Added Kull Extended Basic II extensions to the Extended Basic section. Thank you @hloberg.
  • Housekeeping. Replaced broken C99 links. Thank you @chue.
  • Housekeeping. Replaced broken MESS links with corresponding MAME links.
  • Housekeeping. Replaced broken link of GCC 1.10 cygwin version. Thank you @lucien2.
  • Housekeeping. Removed the old "Harry Wilhelm's BASIC COMPILER as proposed by @senior_falcon.
  • Housekeeping. Removed the "hall-of-fame" links in thread. Can imagine replacing with a single link if website is available again.
Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 3