IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

@Lastic, it might be worth giving the firmware attached a try.

In developing it I think I recall it going through a period of instability on some machines which eventually passed.

Its compatible with the existing firmware, I'd mostly split up the sources for easier understanding.

The extra two roms are demos of using code on the STM32F4 to benefit from sharing the cart area memory.

Just reflashed the STM32 with your attached firmware but no luck, 130XE goes straight to BASIC.

I'm going to recheck my soldering , it's the only thing I haven't done yet.

• 3 weeks later...

So my UNOcart arrived today which I had ordered from eBay and it works perfect.

Does anyone know where I can download bundles of demos instead downloading them one by one from a8.fandal.cz or pouet ?
Should I have a look at pigwa ftp's site ?

Thus I can conclude that my DIY UNOcart which didn't work is because I have to recheck my soldering :)

Now only have to wait on :

Flux

Desoldering iron

Competition Pro Joystick

and I will be able to replace my 'Made in China' GTIA , install my Sophia Rev.C DVI board, and replace the broken Quickshot which came with my 130XE when I bought it from eBay

and finally play games.
Next up find another eBay STM1 Mouse since the one I bought on eBay seems to be wonkey.

Edited by Lastic

Well, you can do that at Fandal's page. At the top right you see something like "Global Stats" with number of demos and games and right under it you see "(complete ZIP)", just click on this ZIP to download all games and demos from Fandal's page. http://a8.fandal.cz

You can also download a complete bundle of demos and/or games and/or applications at atarionline. Simply scroll down on the page, on the left you see "Gry/Games" and under it the word "Calosc"; on the right you see "Katalog Scenowy" and also the word "Calosc" under it; further down on the right you see "Katalog uzytkow" and again the word "Calosc" under it - simply click on the word Calosc to download the compelte collection of games or demos or applications. http://www.atarionline.pl

There is also Homesoft's page, where you can download his whole game collection, most games are on 180k ATR images and the Gamesxyz.ATR`s (where xyz is a number from 001 to 442) do contain game files (COM/XEX) that can be extracted easily. On the top right of his page there is a text "download all" and a blue arrow, click on this arrow to download the whole collection. http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 3

So my UNOcart arrived today which I had ordered from eBay and it works perfect.

Does anyone know where I can download bundles of demos instead downloading them one by one from a8.fandal.cz or pouet ?

Should I have a look at pigwa ftp's site ?

Thus I can conclude that my DIY UNOcart which didn't work is because I have to recheck my soldering :)

Now only have to wait on :

Flux

Desoldering iron

Competition Pro Joystick

and I will be able to replace my 'Made in China' GTIA , install my Sophia Rev.C DVI board, and replace the broken Quickshot which came with my 130XE when I bought it from eBay

and finally play games.

Next up find another eBay STM1 Mouse since the one I bought on eBay seems to be wonkey.

Just as a head's up for folks: I am the same person selling those on eBay. If you want one direct, feel free to contact me here. The price is the same, but it costs me less 10% less to produce (eBay charges 10% on the entire transaction including shipping). Same goes for anything Ihave listed on eBay.

• Like 3

There is also Homesoft's page, where you can download his whole game collection, most games are on 180k ATR images and the Gamesxyz.ATR`s (where xyz is a number from 001 to 442) do contain game files (COM/XEX) that can be extracted easily. On the top right of his page there is a text "download all" and a blue arrow, click on this arrow to download the whole collection. http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php

In Homesoft website, here http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=A you can click on Download all and get all games in XEX format, apart some ATR not available in XEX format.

No need to extract.

Moreover, Homesoft games are "clean" (no depacking, flashing screens, cracks...).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

eBay is having a 20% off of EVERYTHING today 06 June (Until 7pm PDT) . This means that you can get an UNO cart for $45.59+shipping or an Ultimate cart for $72.00 plus shipping!

UNO: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282582675937

Ultimate: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282990142788

Here is the information on how to receive the discount:

How to redeem your Coupon:
  1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
  2. Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on June 6, 2018
  3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKDADSGIFT

Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one-time use. Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! I originally modified a CBS Software cartridge to house my UNO, but today decided to go one step further and use a true ATARI cartridge. Had to shave a small amount off inner lip for the SD slot to fit correctly and of course drill the button hole. Used a tactile button cover to finish off the button (larger diameter).

My next step is to create a slot in the top UNDER the metal cover to access the SD Card without destroying the metal. Just remove the cover and access will be a breeze, then create an ATARI style label to complete the look.

The best part is the slot in the case is perfectly located where the LED displays the activity of the cart. Did not have to modify that at all.

NOTE: I ad to show off my 600XL with upgraded 64K onboard memory and Jurgen's (tf_hh) 512K memory expansion while I was at it... :o

post-61269-0-26311400-1529367238_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-85509500-1529367244_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-96614100-1529367250_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

My next step is to create a slot in the top UNDER the metal cover to access the SD Card without destroying the metal. Just remove the cover and access will be a breeze, then create an ATARI style label to complete the look.

This is a pretty sweet mod. I want to see a picture with the top cover off to see the SD slot, please.

I love the 600XL pictures too. I've only recently become slightly obsessed with the 600XL and want to get one to put either tf_hh's internal expansion or an Ultimate 1MB in it.

I want to see a picture with the top cover off to see the SD slot, please.

Ask and ye shall receive...

post-61269-0-51826500-1529381530_thumb.jpg

Looks perfect! Like it was meant to be...

...plan to shave out some of the plastic case so I can easily access the SD card with the metal cover removed.

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 1

I cannot seem to leave my UNO Cart well enough and alone. I feel that I would need something that would provide easy access to the SD card slot because I take it in and out so often. I do really like the idea and looks of using an original casing though.

Edited by SS

That's my next project. I asked before about the CBS vs original Atari cartridge. I would love to do it soon, with original looking (Atari 800) label and everything.

The only thing bugging me is the need of having a hole in the front of the cartridge for the reset button. I would like to come up with idea to camouflage the button or maybe move the button to the side of the cartridge or something...

Hello folks,

I finally sat down and designed a new cartridge shell for the UNO. My test prints look good (at least I think so, look at the pics to see for yourself). It is a good clean, functional design. All that being said, I think the ones that I ship with the UNO are perfectly fine and certainly suitable for everyday use. They are certainly not just there to protect the UNO during shipping.

HOWEVER, if you want something new, I have one for you. As soon as I tweak it a little bit more, I will upload the STL file. I need to fix one or two things, but am planning to have it up and ready by end of the weekend.

If you do not have a 3D Printer, I will print one in black for $10 INCLUDING SHIPPING to any US address!

(Non-US folks, add $5, yes, you read that correctly US$15 TOTAL for one of these shells to anywhere in the world!).

These will be the default shell for all new UNO-A8 carts sales as well.

If you want a color besides black, add $2 (and tell me what the color is)

Here is a short video

https://youtu.be/AuOVNu8t4mY

post-16779-0-89604900-1530260118_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

HOWEVER, if you want something new, I have one for you. As soon as I tweak it a little bit more, I will upload the STL file. I need to fix one or two things, but am planning to have it up and ready by end of the weekend.

Looks nice. Looking forward to the final design...

...THANK YOU!

BTW, there is a 15% off coupon in eBay until 9 pm PDT (29 Jun 18). That would save you $8.25. Not a lot, but better than sharp stick in the eye.

How to redeem your Coupon:
  1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
  2. Pay for your item by 9:00 PM Pacific Time on June 29, 2018
  3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PERFECTDAY
Terms & Conditions:

This Coupon is a 15% discount off a minimum purchase of $25, valid from 7:00 AM PT on June 29, 2018 until 9:00 PM PT on June 29, 2018. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.

Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one-time use. Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

• Like 1

Folks,

I have finished with the cartridge design. It is not as fancy, but I think it provides the usability people wanted without sacrificing form or function. If you have a 3D printer, the STL is attached. I would appreciate it is you only used it for your personal use, but that is your call. The back allows access to the programming interface. (see video)

If you do not have a 3D printer and you want one, just drop me a line. I am going to charge $10 ( includes US shipping) for them. $15 for Canada (includes shipping) and $20 (includes shipping) for the rest of the planet.

You certainly do not NEED them, but If you want me to put the light pipes on them (see the video for details), add another $5 (yeah, I know, but light pipes ain't as cheap as PLA filament!)

I have attached a pic. Video: https://youtu.be/JlvPr43EoaM

For those of you who have not yet purchased an UNO for the Atari XL/XE, this shell will be the new standard shell, so no need to buy this if you have not bought the UNO yet.

Sorry, forgot the STL

UNO-A8 Final.stl.zip

post-16779-0-66113500-1530769439_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Folks,

I have finished with the cartridge design.

post-16779-0-66113500-1530769439.jpg

For the RX0001, you should consider replacing the zero's "000" with actual upper case O's "OOO". It will look more true to the ATARI font used. Other than that, AWESOME JOB!!

• Like 1

Folks,

I have finished with the cartridge design. It is not as fancy, but I think it provides the usability people wanted without sacrificing form or function. If you have a 3D printer, the STL is attached. I would appreciate it is you only used it for your personal use, but that is your call. The back allows access to the programming interface. (see video)

If you do not have a 3D printer and you want one, just drop me a line. I am going to charge $10 ( includes US shipping) for them. $15 for Canada (includes shipping) and $20 (includes shipping) for the rest of the planet.

You certainly do not NEED them, but If you want me to put the light pipes on them (see the video for details), add another $5 (yeah, I know, but light pipes ain't as cheap as PLA filament!)

I have attached a pic. Video: https://youtu.be/JlvPr43EoaM

For those of you who have not yet purchased an UNO for the Atari XL/XE, this shell will be the new standard shell, so no need to buy this if you have not bought the UNO yet.

Sorry, forgot the STL

This looks great! I'd really like to print one for my Uno Cart. However, my printer is only 140 mm^3. Would you be willing to post it as two .stl files (one for the top and one for the bottom)? I could pull it into something and split it myself, but my experience when I do that is that it loses some quality.

Thank you for you consideration!

-Todd

This looks great! I'd really like to print one for my Uno Cart. However, my printer is only 140 mm^3. Would you be willing to post it as two .stl files (one for the top and one for the bottom)? I could pull it into something and split it myself, but my experience when I do that is that it loses some quality.

Thank you for you consideration!

-Todd

So shall it be written! So shall it be done!

UNO-A8 Shell-2 files.zip

• Like 4