IGNORED

1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

MacRorie

Hey Mac, are you going to sell any full kits on ebay?

I see that there are still over 30 unpaid orders/requests, just thought it would be a way for you to recoup some $$$ that you put out on ordering all the parts and pcb's...

Short answer: Probably.

Long answer: The problem with eBay is that I have to ship within 24 hours of auction payment in order to qualify for the paltry 10% fee discount (meaning eBay only takes 9% of the total instead of 10%!) so that means I need to have everything assembled and ready to go. I am getting there, but the beta testing on some 1088 related stuff right now (as well as life in general) is taking most of my free time. So, as soon as I can, I will. But, the price will be higher to reflect the ebay cost. Eventually, I want to have a webstore on my website that will allow people to pick and choose different options without a lot of hassle (and without the eBay pricing!).

I have enough parts for ten complete assembled units right now and parts for about 20-50+ kits (depending on which option people want), so there is a lot sunk into this and I would love to see it in people’s hands.

-M

• 2 months later...

Folks,

There are so many options available with the 1088XEL, I know if can be confusing, so I put together a checklist. I have attached a PDF of it as well as an Excel file (it is zipped) that will add it all up for you and allow you to sort of compute how much your decisions will cost. I do not think it is foolproof by any stretch of the imagination, but it should help. Let me know if you have questions. I will also put this in Post #1.

Make sure you SEND ME A COPY of the checklist!

Need to add sales tax. FIXED

Need to add PAL/NTSC option. FIXED

​XEL-CF-][ Dual Removed as an option (Please use a CF3 if you want dual card operation)

1088XEL Ordering Checklist (29Jun18).xlsx.zip

1088XEL Ordering Checklist (29Jun18).pdf

• Like 1

Folks,

There are so many options available with the 1088XEL, I know if can be confusing, so I put together a checklist. I have attached a PDF of it as well as an Excel file (it is zipped) that will add it all up for you and allow you to sort of compute how much your decisions will cost. I do not think it is foolproof by any stretch of the imagination, but it should help. Let me know if you have questions. I will also put this in Post #1.

Make sure you SEND ME A COPY of the checklist!

Fixed

Do you have a PAL Kit with Antic, GTIA and Crystal?

Okay, but how much would a PAL Antic, PAL GTIA and PAL Crystal (upgrade kit) be for us that already have a working 1088 XEL with NTSC chips?

That's a good question, as I've considered buying such a collection of parts myself. :)

Okay, but how much would a PAL Antic, PAL GTIA and PAL Crystal (upgrade kit) be for us that already have a working 1088 XEL with NTSC chips?

$31+shipping (and tax for Californians). You pick how you want it shipped. I could put it in a padded envelope, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I should be able to pay for mine in the beginning of August most likely. Don't really want to get into it here, but man have I had the shittiest year!

No worries. Just let me know. have a better one!

The plan is to have parts indefinitely (well, assuming something does not end of life before I can get a good quantity). That is one of the reasons to open up to Amazon as well. Problem is that both eBay & Amazon charge a percentage of sales, so prices will rise by whatever they charge (e.g., eBay charges 10% of every sale ABOVE and beyond PayPal fees).

The plan is to have parts indefinitely (well, assuming something does not end of life before I can get a good quantity). That is one of the reasons to open up to Amazon as well. Problem is that both eBay & Amazon charge a percentage of sales, so prices will rise by whatever they charge (e.g., eBay charges 10% of every sale ABOVE and beyond PayPal fees).

Well that makes me a little more confident that I can wait for the last build until next year (come on fat bonus)

Well that makes me a little more confident that I can wait for the last build until next year (come on fat bonus)

I mean, things* could happen between now and then, but yeah, they should be here. One of the problems that has always bothered me about the retro home-brew market is that things get developed and then disappear. I am trying my damnedest to make sure that I can continue to make things for a long time. This means, of course, I have to make buy a LOT of parts at one time. I have no problem with this and, I hope, it makes the community a little better.

Now, if I can just get everybody that makes a cool thing to let me produce it, it will all be good ;-)

-M

*things, e.g., cats and dogs living together, bad things.

• Like 4

Now, if I can just get everybody that makes a cool thing to let me produce it, it will all be good ;-)

You should build SDrive-MAX units for people. The whole project is open source and can be built with clone Arduino UNO boards and 2.8 touchscreen modules, provided the touchscreen has right interface chip. Since youve got a 3D printer, you can print the cases as well as SIO plugs to make your own cables, too. :)

MASS HYSTERIA! Edited by DrVenkman
  • Like 3

You should build SDrive-MAX units for people. The whole project is open source and can be built with clone Arduino UNO boards and 2.8 touchscreen modules, provided the touchscreen has right interface chip. Since youve got a 3D printer, you can print the cases as well as SIO plugs to make your own cables, too. :)

MASS HYSTERIA!

I have ordered some parts for just that idea. As soon as they get here . . . ;-)

• Like 5

I mean, things* could happen between now and then, but yeah, they should be here. One of the problems that has always bothered me about the retro home-brew market is that things get developed and then disappear. I am trying my damnedest to make sure that I can continue to make things for a long time. This means, of course, I have to make buy a LOT of parts at one time. I have no problem with this and, I hope, it makes the community a little better.

-M

You are free to build and sell anything I develop :) .

• Like 2

Well, if it helps, all my stuff is on Github and I do try hard to only use active parts :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...