IGNORED

AT/XT USB Keys v1.0 working

Shift838

I have finished the first build to of the AT/XT USB Keys PCB and it works great on my Geneve (with the XT code).

The PCB is only loaded with code for XT keyboards and uses the same exact code JediMatt42 compiled for his USB Keyboard for the Geneve 9640. Eventually this unit will be allow to select between XT or AT Keyscan codes, but it's not there just yet hopefully soon.

It was designed from JediMatt's original design for his TI-99 USB Keys HERE and followed by his USB Keyboard for the Geneve 9640 HERE which uses the same board but different code.

The modifications that I made was:

• Added a jumper to select between AT and XT keyboards for future version of the code (suggested by JediMatt42)
  • Used a 5 pin MIDI connector to connect the keyboard to the Geneve 9640 or SNUG system (SNUG uses AT Keyscan codes) instead of header pins
  • Removed other header pins that are not used on Geneve or AT systems to help reduce the size of the board.

The unit has been designed to fit into the standard Hammond 1591XXL. So only some cutout holes would need to be made, but it mounts directly to the enclosure.

The pictures show mine on header sockets. I did that just in case I needed to pull something off to perform troubleshooting.

Since it uses a Teensy Microcontroller and USB Host controller the cost of the product to be built and tested is going to be more than the SCART-Genies.

The upside is as new code is released it is easily re-programmable in just a few seconds and of course the ability to use USB keyboards.

I have not decided on the price. But the Parts and PCB alone cost $50. (enclosure will not be included).

I could even sell them as a kit minus the enclosure, Teensy and USBHost to reduce the cost and the buyer could source the remainder parts.

Feel free to chime in.

post-35187-0-82977000-1532720015_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-71982500-1532720035_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-96360700-1532720047_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-74712600-1532720053_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-70258000-1532720069.jpg

post-35187-0-47699100-1532720800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 5

I've been slowly working on the firmware to support PS2/AT keyboard mode as well.. The XT code is very stable, I've been using it for a long time now.

This PCBoard design is a nice improvement over my previous board. Shift838 put forethought into the size and shape.

Great job! Love it!

-M@

• Like 1