IGNORED

Jaguar Scart question

Lord Innit

Just a quick question. Were all official Jaguar RGB scart leads built like mine?

Unlike the other scart leads I have for other consoles, this one has no way of preventing the connector being pushed back into the case. The lead itself works great with a fantastic crisp picture. It's just that when you plug it into a scart socket it often pushes into the case.

I've sold off my Jaguar collection, the console with a Retro Gaming Cables RGB scart.

I'm selling this one, but I want my description in my listing to state whether it is a common problem or not.

post-42993-0-59502700-1533836272_thumb.jpg

post-42993-0-96166200-1533836406_thumb.jpg

post-42993-0-31992200-1533836464_thumb.jpg

That's not normal.

It appears to be missing the plastic collar around the solder side of the connector.

The collar has lugs that fit into slots inside the plug outer housing and stop this very thing from happening.

Not sure how yours has ended up like that, but it's definitely odd..

• Like 1

Cheers for that info. You're right that it has no collar or lugs. Looking closer it looks like someone chamfered the edges where a collar and lugs should have been. There is evidence of some adhesive being used in an attempt to hold it in place.

Oh well, I'll put the info in the description when I list it later.

The one I have has suffered too. Had it for years and the shield does recess back into the case. Had lots of fun with it half falling out of the TV I was using to develop on when writing my sound engine, spent literally hours trying to find the bug that had caused one speaker to not output any sound, turned out to be the SCART cable had part fallen out and disconnected one of the speaker channels!!!

They are good cables, but I think the SCART portion of the plug isn't the most well built (possibly built by the same guys as did the Jag CD ;) )

• Like 2