IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 13_ROUND 1

post-38373-0-07928900-1535122069_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 13__ROUND 1 (ROUND OVER)

(Round Over Sunday 9/9/18)

Tempest_2000_Jaguar_cover.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Tempest 2000
- Start from the very first web on Tempest 2000 mode (not Plus, and not Classic). Play until you Game Over.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282235-jaguar-hsc-season-11-rules-regs-and-scoring/ It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Tempest 2000 SCORES:

0. 1,698,324 Isgoed (+10 Points)

1. 599301 Masematte (+8 Points)

2. 492104 Eltigro (+6 Points)

3. 179625 Darrin9999 (+4 Points)

4. 96281 NIKON (+2 Points)

5. 77555 travistouchdown (+1 Point)

6. 35,025 jblenkle (+1 Point)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

Edited by travistouchdown

So... I've had this game for a couple years now, and always wondered what was wrong with it. I mean, I'd watch videos on YouTube and they had all these sound effects and voices and stuff... and mine didn't. Well, today, for the first time, I read the manual online here at AtariAge and found that the FX volume on mine was turned all the way down. I would have found this out sooner if the controls for it weren't half hidden... anyway, my first game with sound effects on and I almost doubled my previous high score. Still not close to some others here, but still...

299978 (soooo close to 300000...)

post-21069-0-78143700-1535415854_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking of the bonus levels... there's the one where you're flying through the rings, right? I have several times gotten to some that were too far up or down... like it wouldn't let me go far enough to go through them and the bonus level ends... through no fault of my own. Does that happen to any of you?

Speaking of the bonus levels... there's the one where you're flying through the rings, right? I have several times gotten to some that were too far up or down... like it wouldn't let me go far enough to go through them and the bonus level ends... through no fault of my own. Does that happen to any of you?

You mean the first bonuslevels with the orangish "Melt-O-Vision" river?

Just before you come across one of these high or low rings, you'll fly through a ring with a yellow arrow pointing up or down.

Flying through this ring will make you go way to much up or down, and so much that you'll be too high or down for the next ring.

It is important that you make this move and after that alter your height to the correct position, so that you can fly through the next upcoming ring.

I hope that you understand what I mean.

Well, that's just it, there are rings with arrows, but these don't have one before them... It's just several regular rings, and then there are some that are up too high (or too low). I'm pressing the up (or down) direction, but it just won't go any further and it ends the bonus stage.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly. Wish I had a capture card and could go back and watch past playthroughs...

Score: 1,698,324 lvl 63

post-6068-0-98911100-1536492172_thumb.jpg

I don't know exactly what defines a good videogame, but T2K might be one of the best videogames imo.

Not that it is my favorite game, or the only videogame I want to play, or best looking etc. but in terms of pure challenge, scoring system, presentation (sound/visuals) , control.... it has the correct ingredients for the definition of a video/arcade game, to me.

As mentioned before, collect many powerups for the bonus stages, but don't collect the yellow triange crystal at the end of the stage as it forwards you 5 levels (thus difficulty increasing) and delivers less points than playing through the levels.

If you enter an easy tube with spikes in it, try to bump into a spike when finishing/exiting the level so you will have to play that level again.

You can rack up some scores, but what's more important is that you can gain some extra lives as you might lose more than one in some levels.