IGNORED

Arcade/MAME HSC 2018 Round 3: Sunset Riders

Leto27

Arcade/MAME HSC 2018

Round 1: Time Pilot '84

Round 2: Toki / Moon Patrol

Round 3: Sunset Riders ( 2 player version)

Round 4: Polish your armor

Round 5: Atari Arcade Round

Round 6: Request round

Round 7: Into the sea

Round 8:

Round 9: Train your brain

Round 10: Street brawler

Round 11: SHMUPS

Round 12: Request round

Round 13:

Round 14: Moderator favorite

Round 15: Taito Arcade Round

Round 16: SHMUPS 2

Round 17: Polish your armor 2

Standings after Two Rounds

Place, Name, Total points

1 Leto 29 points

2 Youxia 21 points

3 SBAZ 20 points

4 Cynicaster 19 points

5 Ramses 17 points

6 Zoyous 14 points

7 asponge 14 points

8 Hero2billions 11 points

9 Atari Warlord 8 points

10 jblenkle 7 points

11 NIKON 3 points

Round 3

Sunset Riders (2 players version UBC)

post-62867-0-62099400-1535895133.png

Sunset Riders by Konami

MAME ROMset: ssriders and ssridersubc
Dip Switches: Default ( 3 lives, Difficult; 4/Medium)

remember to play with the recommended settings, and do not use cheats or any kind of enhancements to take advantage

Round ends September 16 @ midnight MDT

Sunset Riders

1 Leto 224930 (+10)

2 SBAZ 158260 (+9)

3 Youxia 108540 (+8)

4 asponge 67930 (+7)

5 Ramses 58930 (+6)

6 Zoyous 27650 (+5)

7 NIKON 27510 (+4)

8 Cynicaster 26020 (+3)

9 Hero2billions 19600 (+2)

10 Atari Warlord 18100 (+1)

Scoring will be as follows:

10 Points for 1st

9 for 2nd

8 for 3rd and so forth

Edited by Leto27
  • Like 1

Oh what the hell: here's my $3,700. This actually wasn't my highest score but it was the only screenshot that took. Your final score only shows up for a few seconds and then disappears, which is a little unfair. I'm assuming we're not allowed to use continueds with this game as they retain the score.

With at least 10000 points you can get your score in highsocre boad of the game

• Like 1

So it's basically Metal Slug with a Wild West theme.

It's not bad, but as with most titles of the early-90s multiplayer quarter-eater arcade game era, I feel like there are just too many cheap one-hit deaths that detract from the experience.

33E30734-7018-42B5-9CFF-C7DB55EECE27.jpeg

Thats why they used to call quarter munchers ?

Remember to post with the same sertings as everybody, alternate settings will not be considered.

Please refer to the original post: Dip Switches: Default ( 3 lives, Difficult; 4/Medium). I interpreted this to mean we could either play with 3 lives on Difficult or 4 lives on Medium. Did I understand incorrectly? If so, what does 4/Medium mean? :woozy:

Please refer to the original post: Dip Switches: Default ( 3 lives, Difficult; 4/Medium). I interpreted this to mean we could either play with 3 lives on Difficult or 4 lives on Medium. Did I understand incorrectly? If so, what does 4/Medium mean? :woozy:

Thats the difficulty level 4/Medium. That is how the machine has this difficulty setting, I do not want to change anything to prevent any confusion

post-62867-0-93688300-1536192517_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thats the difficulty level 4/Medium. That is how the machine has this difficulty setting, I do not want to change anything to prevent any confusion

attachicon.gifsunset settings.JPG

Too late for that. I still don't understand how this 4/Medium relates to difficulty. However, if 3 lives on Difficult using 1 credit is the setting we're supposed to use, then that is what I'll use.

Too late for that. I still don't understand how this 4/Medium relates to difficulty. However, if 3 lives on Difficult using 1 credit is the setting we're supposed to use, then that is what I'll use.

I attached an image with the configuration, is even circulated in yellow

Hell, now I am confused. First of all, I can not access the Dip Switch menu for some reason like I normally do (I'm using Retropie/Retroarch/Mame 2003). I get the Tab menu with all the usual options but no Dip Switches. So I can't even check my difficulty and the game feels sort of easy. On teh other hand I use correct rom (ssrdrubc) witout any changes so the difficulty should be "default" anyway?

Hell, now I am confused. First of all, I can not access the Dip Switch menu for some reason like I normally do (I'm using Retropie/Retroarch/Mame 2003). I get the Tab menu with all the usual options but no Dip Switches. So I can't even check my difficulty and the game feels sort of easy. On teh other hand I use correct rom (ssrdrubc) witout any changes so the difficulty should be "default" anyway?

That's correct, you are using the default settings. In the emulator What I am using some games doesn't have the dip switches with the traditional TAB button access, In those cases, I just press F2 to enter the service mode ( as a traditional arcade machine) and change the settings If the game required