IGNORED

Nothing special

emkay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the higher register as it sounds more clean, even though it might not be. develop of more instruments not currently heard in game and such is nice...

You know, I'm not claiming any perfection there.

The thing is that POKEY can do such sounds with ease. It's just the hardware and the straight and clear progression inside the chip that offers to use those sounds just by the programmed timing.

But the emulation is never really stable. Altirra itself seems to have a better accuracy there, but inside RMT the timing changes by the used channels already.

As said before, we cannot play youtube videos on the Atari. And an exe doesn't teach musicians anything. Show us the code/rmt file and/or explain in detail how you achieve such sounds.

I guess this is a writing without a real sense. Sorry, but I have explained a lot in the past , did a lot of examples, answered questions, did some lessons in videos.

Heck, I even showed how to get the thing a bit more to sound like music. At the end, that stuff got lost in the nirvana, because THEY WANT POKEY sounding itchy and scratchy , and always the right amount of clear detuning. As soon as it sound more like music, people drop any interest.

The real problem is that the possible art in gfx and sound is bound with people that could code special stuff on a machine. Offering some satisfying art to interested people could eventually bring coders in who really want to put the Atari to the limits. A real POKEY Tracker is still missing... for example...

That's why I show all possible variations to people who may get shocked by any new Atari Demo or Game , that the Atari is able to play tunes without the need of the listener to turn the eardrums 180 degrees and back ;)

And, there is another one. Just for a break and to listen to it on youtube.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Emkay,

I just wanted to say that your efforts continue to be appreciated and that I hope to see you continue to deliver new material for years to come.

My own story, years ago, I remember reading through the forum and coming across a completely awesome tune that you had created -- only to watch others on the scene totally savage you for the most esoteric and minor issues. I can only believe that it was some sort of rivalry between artisans, because for those of us who appreciate sound and music but lack that special gift for musical composition, your works have always impressed. Keep up the great work!

Thanks,

Jmccorm

PS: I wish I had the gift for musical composition but it looks like my only creative artistic pathway that has gotten some traction has been 8-bit graphical conversion leading me into 8-bit graphical composition. Your stuff takes something special.

• Like 1

Emkay,

I just wanted to say that your efforts continue to be appreciated and that I hope to see you continue to deliver new material for years to come.

My own story, years ago, I remember reading through the forum and coming across a completely awesome tune that you had created -- only to watch others on the scene totally savage you for the most esoteric and minor issues. I can only believe that it was some sort of rivalry between artisans, because for those of us who appreciate sound and music but lack that special gift for musical composition, your works have always impressed. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the kind words.

Let's see what the future brings :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...