IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

What I'm interested in hearing is if anyone that pre-ordered got a shipping notification yet? And if not, how they feel about reports of some Walmart stores appearing to have some stock?

I wouldn't necessarily blame Tastemakers on this one. Retailers are notorious for bungling this kind of thing all the time, both online and at their brick and mortar locations.

• Like 1

So I called a few WallyWorlds in my area. Not only did they not have any they had no clue what I was talking about, haha, no surprise there. Then I tried searching BrickSeek for anything in Dumas, Texas and Pontiac, Illinois which is another place with rumors of in stock machines. Zero in stock at both those places according to BrickSeek.

I also find it hard to believe the difference in price. Dumas, Texas for $278 and Pontiac, Illinois for $224 in this video..

I don't doubt some people have already got them, and I don't doubt some stores are selling early. I plan to check my local places again tomorrow but I don't expect to find any. icon_smile.gif

I also don't doubt these will become eBay specials this holiday season. But anyone who hopes to get one this way will not only pay a premium price like all the other hot and hard to find items, but I hate to think what shipping would add to the final cost. As much as I want one, I won't consider paying anything over $300 total. Here's just one example of eBay prices right now, and trust me when I say there are plenty more and plenty more higher priced than this Centipede.

Edited by Skeeter
  • Like 1

$224 is almost tempting if they're not total garbage.

The fluctuating prices is what I question the most as of now. In that picture from Dumas, Texas for example, you see that $278 price above but if you look close you'll see what appears to be a TV set behind the pallet of Arcade1up machines. I'd say if the pic is even legit, that pallet was dropped right in front of the TV they have on sale.

If the prices are lowered and legit, then how about someone showing a pic of their actual receipt of purchase. icon_smile.gif

No luck at my local store, and according to them they don't even have these to put out. I checked with someone behind the scenes, not your regular floor person.

I've got a number of other stores a little further away that I will look into tomorrow when they open.

In the meantime:

61onBFfg-BL._SL1200_.jpg71jS2lWBMQL._SL1200_.jpg719%2Bl-1pNgL._SL1200_.jpg61Mtez1flyL._SL1200_.jpg61cYY35wqrL._SL1200_.jpg61jiwtM2gJL._SL1200_.jpg71QJ%2BjfuFKL._SL1200_.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently some gamestop preorders are on their way for tomorrow.

So there should be some news coming soon, if people get them in a day or two.

later

Speaking of Gamestop, my local store mentioned an in store demo unit with ALL THE TITLES may be showing up, but they could not say for sure (they didn't say which titles were "all", but I would hope all the announced cabs - the retailer exclusives, which at this point is only Galaga AFAIK).

Again, this is to play, not to buy, and I'll keep tabs with them to see if it ever shows up.

Also, not sure if anybody saw but Arcade1Up teased the other "secret" cab is Pac-Man in a post today:

We haven't ghosted you -- we are still going to be announcing one secret machine this year, to launch on Black Friday. Any guesses?

So this was in my cart today at opening:

20180925 084528 resized

...only to have Walmart refuse to sell it to me, stating Arcade1Up had changed the street date.

I was under the impression only the pre-order date changed and that was to accommodate store stock for retailers to put out for sale today?

I must have missed something or misconstrued Arcade1Up's posts.

Walmart gave me a song and dance that they we be fined by corporate, terminated, or flayed with barbed wire should they sell it to me.

• Like 1

.... Walmart gave me a song and dance that they we be fined by corporate, terminated, or flayed with barbed wire should they sell it to me.

There is a finite number of times I would go to Walmart, let alone put a frivolous, 63lb, purely discretionary purchase into my cart. Way to leave money on the table, Arcade1Up. What are you afraid of, someone beating the review embargo with bad news?

I haven't found any Walmart stores near me willing to sell today. That said I haven't actually went to the store to look for myself, I've just called around. Most of them have no clue what arcade1up is, usually say something about the smaller hand held games. When I point out the details I'm told they don't have any. I found one store near me that showed as having 2 Rampage in stock on Brickseek, but when I called they said they didn't have any much less if they would sell it. I don't care, I don't want Rampage anyway, I just wanted to see what they'd say.

@128Kgames, what was the price of the Centipede in your cart they refused to sell?

OK so does that mean they took the units off the floor? Or did they leave them to confuse more people later :lol:

Honestly, I just left my cart where it was at the electronics register. You would think they would bring it to the back but wait till the next shift comes in and see what happens...

There is a finite number of times I would go to Walmart, let alone put a frivolous, 63lb, purely discretionary purchase into my cart. Way to leave money on the table, Arcade1Up. What are you afraid of, someone beating the review embargo with bad news?

Yeah, 63 lbs wasn't all that light at the crack of dawn with no coffee in me yet (Dunkin', of course!). Brickseek showed only two stores with stock and both happened to be within a close enough driving distance, but I only hit the one store. This ain't no tickle me elmo I have to have for my kids... ;)

I haven't found any Walmart stores near me willing to sell today. That said I haven't actually went to the store to look for myself, I've just called around. Most of them have no clue what arcade1up is, usually say something about the smaller hand held games. When I point out the details I'm told they don't have any. I found one store near me that showed as having 2 Rampage in stock on Brickseek, but when I called they said they didn't have any much less if they would sell it. I don't care, I don't want Rampage anyway, I just wanted to see what they'd say.

@128Kgames, what was the price of the Centipede in your cart they refused to sell?

Good question, didn't pay attention, sorry. More than likely the $299 as it was priced for today's date and even had a yellow sale date / do not sell before still on it with today's date.

The stores you called were just lazy, uninterested in helping you, Walmart people. Not trying to knock all Walmart employees, but more often than not it seems if it means they will actually have to do some work, they don't want to help you.

The store I went to said they didn't have it, showed me the pallets they had to put out for today and that they didn't have any for sale and they would know if they did. Same guy said he knew about the cabs but none came in for sale. I showed him brickseek, he said its not reliable (which is BS; I've used it for years for other items and its always been on the money) but I got him to check in the back anyway. 2 minutes later he found the 2 cabs (just like brickseek showed) on a cart in the Toy section with some other items on it. Turns out its not for the toy department its for electronics and he was the electronics guy.

If you saw stock on brickseek they have it, they just don't want to tell you they do or look for it, and probably wouldn't sell it to you anyway.

Cause, you know, whips and stuff.

Apparently GameStop has come through for people, either with deliveries or in store pickup. So people have gotten them at home or been advised their item can be picked up (this info came from Facebook posts).

I should have cancelled Walmart and gone with GameStop anyway for the points, but I just don't like that they charge a "handling" fee for "free" shipping (on principle).

Did not see in store pickup on GameStop's site at the time either, so these must have been done in store.

Live and learn.