IGNORED

Moon Patrol - Arcade Sprite Hack (Call for Moon Buggy drivers!)

doctorclu

Pseudografx, Level42 just hit on something I was just starting to thinking about: The Mountains and cities.

I could try to find resources to draw out arcade screen shots of both, but it looks like you might already have a good handle on this. Would you be up for helping us draw out the arcade backgrounds so we can modify the backdrop to look like that?

Won't be at the resolution you drafted, but it will really help this Arcade Moon Patrol really pop. :D

I actually just used the graphics from the arcade version that is available here at AtariAge: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247579-missing-arcade-classics-on-the-7800/?p=3424158

I could help with some graphics, but as for the bacgrounds, the resources are all in that picture :)

Thank you. As getting ahold of a working ATR seems to be a problem for me and everyone, a disk version of these hacks will apparently need to wait. I'll dedicate my time towards making adjustments to the binary, maybe months down the road I'll drag my Atari 800 back out and build a decent ATR image to work with.

what do you mean, disk version?

this is a 5200 conversion or cartridge conversion...

there might be disk in preservation as well..

what is it you are looking for?

I don't understand... you can copy the xex to a disk or ?

Do you need an ATR with this on it? made for your or Your hack on it. if this is the case... we can make an ATR without any issues and copy the xex to it.

I don't know what you need...

Let us know what emulator you are using and what you know works with it in terms of DOS or ATR, is your emu up to date? If the emu is flawed perhaps Altira is and option to use?

do you want a boot loader of some kind.

here is the cartridge

Moon Patrol (1983)(Atari)(US).car.txt

just rename to moonpatrol.car

Edited by _The Doctor__

there is the cartridge image ready for you to hack up...

all the other .xex are spread through the thread, please pick all the ones you want and I will put them on and ATR or indicate what you want done. Most everyone can make atr's. If you are unable, once you proved the post and a little note. I'll do it.

I have a version of Moon Patrol I have played from disk since the 80's. I'll get my Atari 800 out at some point and create a working ATR. I've been working with emulators for a while and the 800 is kinda buried at the moment, so no worries, I'll have a disk version of this going with that or other versions you've submitted in a few months.

wow I couldn't read that last post. It basically was to say once you provide the list or post of what you want, I am willing to make your atr's :)

apologies... for the mess,,, not only was I having difficulty, but part of my network was over the night as well.

New people in the neighborhood have their routers set on odd channels trouncing the spectrum and killing through put for the neighborhood. The also have the rts/cts guard functions turned off broadcasting at will all over the place, this is causing routers and wireless cards to get trounced and reset to the point of disconnection over retries... terrible... I have upped power and chose the best channel I could to get away from them and made sure every device is tenacious and is using all guards and rts/cts... it's all good now. Their turn to have issues now. sigh.

Edited by _The Doctor__

wow I couldn't read that last post. It basically was to say once you provide the list or post of what you want, I am willing to make your atr's :)

If you are able to create a ATR of one of the above mentioned sound patched versions, will be awesome!

apologies... for the mess,,, not only was I having difficulty, but part of my network was over the night as well.

New people in the neighborhood have their routers set on odd channels trouncing the spectrum and killing through put for the neighborhood. The also have the rts/cts guard functions turned off broadcasting at will all over the place, this is causing routers and wireless cards to get trounced and reset to the point of disconnection over retries... terrible... I have upped power and chose the best channel I could to get away from them and made sure every device is tenacious and is using all guards and rts/cts... it's all good now. Their turn to have issues now. sigh.

That sucks. I'm glad I live in the country where no one's wi-fi can even reach the next neighbor...

HOVERCRAFT FTW!!!!

Could you change the wheel sprites to make them look like the black "hover bubble" that is usually under hovercraft? At least REAL hovercraft and not sci-fi hovercraft is like that...I just suggest it as it may look cooler.

post-149-0-93472700-1538268773_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1