IGNORED

Sick Pickles WIP

SIO2

I have started contacting people by PM in the order they posted and / or I received their requests. Since there are a limited number of each type I have to wait until each person makes their decision so, this may be a slow process. I appreciate your patience.

Anyone who has not posted recently or posted something about lack of funds I assume is passing at this time.

I understand completely. My resources are limited as well.

Good luck everyone and thanks for your support.

Would you do a run later on this year or another year of both your games?

I really want to support 7800 stuff...

If not thats fine as well. :)

Possibly. I don't like to make commitments too far in advance because you never know what may happen.

My plan at this point (and this may change) is to get the Sick Pickles that are done shipped and to be working on Cybur which will not be very fancy when complete but is a fun and simple game that I personally enjoy very much. So, I hope to complete Cybur in a few weeks time. Cybur will be built in recycled Atari shells. I like the 3D printed shells but, they take time to produce. Last batch I ordered they told me took 49.5 hours of print time for a handful of carts.

Frogus is indefinitely on hold. Looks like Good Deal Games has Alpha Race in stock. I tried to contact Neo Games who had asked once about making more copies of Shoot S#!T for 2600 (which he did a fantastic job of publishing by the way) however, I have not heard back from him.

And, I have a bunch of things that need tending to around the house. Plus, I work full time to pay the bills. So.... you know how it goes. :)

Edited by SIO2

Greetings SIO2. Dear Sir, At this juncture, would it be "legal" to modify and/or post modifications on AA to this great game? In other words, do you approve? THX, BBA

Firstly, thank you for asking.

What are we talking about? Have you created a hack?

If you have created a hack of the game from posted content and you wish to post your hack here with the clear understanding that you are responsible for the appropriateness and affects of any changes you made, I would probably not complain. You should remove my name from the hacked version or otherwise mark the game itself as altered or hacked.

If you created a hack based on a dump of the recent cart version, I would ask that you respect the people who cared enough to get a cart and not post anything directly based on the cart or incorporating the same unique features. In other words not try to recreate the cart version.

If you have any questions, please PM me and we can talk about it.

Edited by SIO2

• 1 month later...

Thank you, SIO2! Sorry for the delay(s), I've been working JOUST and SCRAPYDOG full time for the last month. I thank SIO2 for bringing us SICK PICKLES. He invested a lot of time on this and it's deeply appreciated. It may have been the 7800's answer to KABOOM! back in the day. I am pleased SIO2 also took the time to review my stuff and actually approved this posting. Since this was a hack to an earlier version being sensitive to the people who purchased the final version and since everyone knows I don't build/sell carts, SIO2 has given me a chance to post SLICK PICKLES based on SICK PICKLES.

Surely there's nothing wrong with SIO2's game - I just have some personal preferences I added to the game - like Invincibility. We know that's my Hobby Habit aka Hobbit. I changed the scoring font, numbered the Purple Pickle sprites as I found there were 3 of them. Removed the spare pickle indicators as we don't need these. So then what happened? Now invincible, the game quickly became boring. Now instead of dying when you hit the Purple Pickle, you get penalized with point deductions. Pickle2 has twice the deduction of Pickle1, and Pickle3 has triple the deduction of Pickle1. That means the strategy is if you have to touch a Purple Pickle, aim for the Purple Pickle1 and not the others. And at the last minute, to avoid confusion with negative scoring numbers like 999999, I rail at 000000 so that your score doesn't go below 000000. This way it is relatively straight forward to capture 4000+ points in this version. And finally the game says BUY SICK PICKLES, because that's what we all should do!

Photos:

post-65655-0-04399600-1538248469_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-39974900-1538248498_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-98494700-1538248514_thumb.jpg

NTSC bin:

SLICKPICKLES_6D9F.bin

NTSC .a78:

SlickPickles_48K.a78

Enjoy this version which can be used as a trainer to gain higher scores on SICK PICKLES. Try it and see!

/BBA

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Sick Pickles carts:

Bad news - I only had a few of the 3D printed cart shells and was not able to get any more from the same source.

Good news - I purchased a 3D printer and after a long learning curve, I can now produce a reasonable purple cart shell. However, it is not the same color of purple as the originals.

I am planning to put together just a few Sick Pickles carts over the next few days. Edited - see photo below.

Regarding boxes:

If Marc wants to produce and sell boxes for either Sick Pickles or Alpha Race I would be fine with that. For Alpha Race he should also get John's (Atariboy) approval since John did the Art on Alpha Race. I actually produced a proto box for my own copy Alpha Race but, it is nothing fancy and I don't plan on producing boxes myself. Photo below shows the back of the box and the front looks like the Alpha Race cart label.

post-37734-0-26528800-1539480501_thumb.jpg

Edited by SIO2
  • Like 1