IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Composite Monitor Video Cable Broke.

Atariboy2600

Back story I just got back a Atari Jaguar box set from NYC this year and well last night I was playing Cybermorph and Checker Flag seeing those are the only two games I still love to play the Jag and my Composite Monitor Video Cable fell off and now i cant use it I know I can us any RF box to play it but I still wanted to fine one and also it did not came with a Atari Jag RF box so I was wonder if you know where online to fine the Atari Jaguar Composite Monitor Video Cable/ RF box for cheap seeing Im broke as always^_^; I cant fine a real job Im living on SSI (state gov check) and all bills are pay so Im short on any income.

Or if you know a way to fix this Composite Monitor Video Cable here's a photo.

post-5587-0-31215200-1539555351_thumb.png

It's possibly (likely?) solderable, but it could get a bit messy as you may need to cut into the yellow plastic. Alternatively you could (possibly) get a yellow RCA male plug from any electronics store (probably $1 or $2), cut off the existing one, and replace it with the new one. The store may (or may not) be able to do it for you for a small fee.

'New' composite cables (some are original, some aftermarket): https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=atari+jaguar+composite&_sacat=0

A new aftermarket composite and S-Video cable which is reasonably good value for what it is: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/595809384/atari-jaguar-s-videocomposite-combo?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=atari%20jaguar%20composite&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&more_colors=1

There are a few other sellers out there who make composite cables. Google is your friend. ;)

• Like 2

I have a broken AV cable as well, pulled it out from the back and somehow it stuck and when i tugged it pulled one of the soldering points inside of the box/cube loose so it is all scrambled as well. I am like you and wish I knew how to solder os I could actually fix things like that!

Oh cool was it a R@R3 LAUNCH edition?

R@R3 LAUNCH edition? Don't know all I know back in 93 in NYC near china town electronic store I got it from first day releace but this one looks the same how can I tell if this too was this R@R3 LAUNCH edition is?

Funny fax I got the first Atari Jag system on November 23, 1993 on my birthday I was born on Nov 23rd 1972.

Edited by Atariboy2600
  • Like 1

Cybermorph is the most common pack-in game, but it's not the only one. So it was also sold as a regular game for those who didn't get it with their console.

There are at least two versions of the game, one of them has a few things removed (some speech and animation) to use a smaller and cheaper ROM chip.

Edited by Zerosquare