IGNORED

The Mummy's Tomb

Retrospect

The curse of the mummy is a lifetime of torture... using the TI Wired Remote Controllers!

:thumbsup: haha!

I used them myself. They were particularly bad for Tombstone City ... I'll probably never know what the original 99/4 controllers were like. Bobble-sticks as I call them but you'd to hold them in your hand like the 4A ones. Bet they weren't that much better.

in latest version of Classic99, this bin does not LOAD, that is after selecting the new cart, it is not inserted. Only 1 option on the menu.

I tried a few other bin's with no problem.

thanks.

Hey Gregory this might be an issue as it did the same with my Classic99 but it worked as normal in JS99er , I noted.

The renaming worked. Thank you!

Wow, that is a HARD game. 69 points after 2 tries.

I like it! Nice theme too.

Thanks for playing.

Yeah, the game is pretty damn hard. The theme was inspired by the 1959 Hammer Mummy film with Christopher Lee, and other music was inspired by the Universal mummy films, such as the bit where the text/instructions come down, I think that was either "the mummy's ghost" or "The mummy's tomb" .... overall it has a very sinister, intense edge to it. :)

• Like 1

in latest version of Classic99, this bin does not LOAD, that is after selecting the new cart, it is not inserted. Only 1 option on the menu.

I tried a few other bin's with no problem.

thanks.

Rename it to mummy8.bin. [sorry—already answered. :dunce: I had not yet read the second page of this thread. :) ]

...lee

• Like 2

newmummy-x.zip

* Player now cannot become trapped by traps that stay there even when he's hit them. They'll go away once they kill you to be a bit more humane,

* Man has better death sequence if he dies in the passageway between levels.

Ciro and Walid have this exact file for their sites, it's the last revision now. :)

Until I move onto some other new game.

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 5

Hi all.

I've been trying to use Fred Kaal's module creator 2.0 lately. Well, I downloaded it and then read the instructions on how to get it running, and to be honest I'd have more success trying to understand a book on Quantum Mechanics. So I was wondering if some kind soul could possibly try and convert these 3 EA5 files to a cartridge for me? :) Any help would be most kind. I just don't have an IQ of 4096.

New folder.zip

• Like 1

Converted using Classic99.

I also created a video of the entire process -- going slow to show what I did and also not having any information about the program itself to start with, it took 6 minutes. You only need to know what addresses to save and what address to boot from - and from EA#5 files you can (usually) get that information very quickly. You do need a hex editor to check the EA#5 headers, but it's pretty simple.

I used to have a standalone tool for it, but when I needed to stop making GROM carts and update it to support ROM carts, I moved it into Classic99 so it'd be able to make carts from anything that could be loaded. It lost a little user friendliness along the way but only in automatically reading the EA#5 header for you. ;)

TOMB_8.zip

https://youtu.be/0e9Lp2BdRSI

• Like 6

Hi all.

I've been trying to use Fred Kaal's module creator 2.0 lately. Well, I downloaded it and then read the instructions on how to get it running, and to be honest I'd have more success trying to understand a book on Quantum Mechanics. So I was wondering if some kind soul could possibly try and convert these 3 EA5 files to a cartridge for me? :) Any help would be most kind. I just don't have an IQ of 4096.

One thing I figured out: do not have spaces in your path or file names.

Thanks. I didn't even get that far. I took one look at the instructions and binned it all off. You'd be surprised how thick I actually am outside the TI99/4a

Nah, actually a good thing. The other problem I ran into was whether the file on the PC side has a TIFILES header or not. Was frustrating but I worked it out. I think I have used Classic99 to create carts before. It obviously works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...