IGNORED

3D printing a display stand for the Lynx

Trew

I guess we're at that point now where it is possible to make 3d printed parts for the lynx; battery covers, direction pads, A and B pads, that bit of plastic where the batteries sit on the model two, replacement door for the model one.. All in any colour we wish. Could make for some interesting colour variations, hell we could even print an entire replacement replacement lynx casing. Blue lynx anyone?

• 5 months later...

Would making a custum snap together atari logo designed molded lynx carrying case that stores console , all accessories and all carts a possibility?

Of course some sort of cushioning should be inside case to protect everything.

I know, crazy idea.

It's possible; if it were me, I would take an existing carry case that fits what I want in it (Lynx and accessories), then print and make otherwise anything to make it that way, a huge Atari logo, maybe on top and around it. I don't have a Lynx myself, but totally possible (as long as everything is not printed, no need to reinvent a carry bag). Not too crazy of an idea :D

• 1 year later...

In case some of you weren't aware, I've got quite a few of these stands and think they are excellent! Easy to put together and they look snazzy, plus they aren't that expensive either..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/506330926/atari-lynx-ii-2-display-stands?ref=shop_home_active_35

• Like 4

I've been working on a similar thing, but my design is a very minimal version made so that you can place the Lynx on it and not see the actual stand. I don't have the necessary software to make the final design but a friend of mine offered to do it for me at his work (engineering workshop).

• 5 months later...

As cool as 3D printing is, I've given up on mine and disassembled it now. I did manage to find some cheap and nice looking laser cut stands for my Lynxes though, did I small review of them here - https://atarigamer.com/articles/review-of-the-atari-lynx-stand-from-gaming-displays

That's not a sponsored article, I was genuinely impressed with the quality. Once I have more space and can put a few other Lynx on display I'll be ordering a few more of those.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As cool as 3D printing is, I've given up on mine and disassembled it now. I did manage to find some cheap and nice looking laser cut stands for my Lynxes though, did I small review of them here - https://atarigamer.com/articles/review-of-the-atari-lynx-stand-from-gaming-displays

That's not a sponsored article, I was genuinely impressed with the quality. Once I have more space and can put a few other Lynx on display I'll be ordering a few more of those.

For what it's worth, I bought one of these a year or so ago and am very happy with it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/506330926/atari-lynx-ii-2-display-stands?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=ATARI+LYNX&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&col=1

Comes in two colors (black and transparent), and it's only priced at $9.49. Shipping to me in Atlanta is only $3.75. Sorry, but I don't see an option for shipping outside the U.S., though.

Eat. Sleep. LYNX. Repeat.

-MillipedeMan

a.k.a. Mark

sml_gallery_40064_2064_644584.jpg

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I bought one of these a year or so ago and am very happy with it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/506330926/atari-lynx-ii-2-display-stands?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=ATARI+LYNX&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&col=1

Comes in two colors (black and transparent), and it's only priced at $9.49. Shipping to me in Atlanta is only $3.75. Sorry, but I don't see an option for shipping outside the U.S., though.

That is the exact link I mentioned further up in the thread. I've gotten quite a few stands for not only my portables, but also for my collectors editions items as well in my game room. I really like these stands and they are built very well.

• Like 1

I remember those stands, when I tried to get one originally the cost of shipping was more than the cost of the stands so I didn't go with it

I don't remember what the shipping was but I'm in the states so it wasn't that bad as I recall. But I also ordered a bunch of stuff all at once and not just one or two stands. I tend to do that. Did the same with my last console dust cover order from PrinterBoy for my modern consoles. Purchased like 5 at once so the shipping would seem more fair...hehe

• 5 months later...

I remember those stands, when I tried to get one originally the cost of shipping was more than the cost of the stands so I didn't go with it

You are right.....shipping from germany became damn expensive...while my stand up cost 7,50 Euro....

shipping costs much more

• Like 1