IGNORED

Jewel Of Seven Stars

Retrospect

Jewel Of Seven Stars is the follow-on to "The Mummy's Tomb", it sees the protagonist, Banning, return to Egypt to claim the fabled jewel to make him the richest guy in the world.

Featuring not less than 17 standard chambers, each with their own graphical style, and lots of treasure, mummies that chase you, and bonus treasure rooms, this game will keep you occupied for a while. Arcade style gameplay and sounds.

JEWEL OF SEVEN STARS.zip

post-34058-0-66088200-1540841842_thumb.png

• Like 9

Thanks gentlemen.

In some ways, Jewel of Seven Stars is in fact an "easier" game than "Mummy's Tomb", except for the very last screen which has the invisible traps.

You see, chambers 1 to 17 have no such traps, but six very visible mummies, the difference being, they are chasing you. But remember, they are 2000 years old and pretty dumb. You can make one see you, entice it to follow you, and lead it all over the screen so that you can get the treasure you want or you can burn it to death in a fire! :)

• Like 2

This is a really fun and good looking game! I like how you expanded the color pallet by "mixing" colors with your wall tile patterns.

The mummy AI had me feeling that I had somehow played this game before?

How can that be --I wondered-- because I haven't played Mummy's Tomb? Then it hit me! The Mummy pursuit A.I. is similar to the A.I. Mattel Electronics used for the defense players in its handheld Football game. In the slow mummy mode I'm able to get them to line-up low while I sprint up and around them. Too much fun! I get cocky and die!

Great gameplay and challenge balance. THANK YOU! Trying to get past the third chamber now because I am not good at this...

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1

Thanks Airshack :)

Well, there's a method I use to get around the mummies ... lead the mummies away from tight spots, by letting them chase you around the outsides of the chamber ... you gotta really make sure all of the surviving mummies are doing this 'cos they are sneaky in their ways. Once they're doing a benny-hill chase you can nip into the tight spots and get the treasure.

Even in fast mummies mode they'll always be slower than you 'cos they each take a turn to move, you'll notice this when you're down to three mummies and they're moving a lot faster!