IGNORED

Cassette Release (Markus of Marinus) TI BASIC

Opry99er

I've been working on this game off and on, and it's about time to just put it out. It will be released on cassette in a short run Limited Edition on a transparent blue cassette with full cassette packaging, manual, etc., and will be available to purchase following the Chicago TI Faire.

Since the initial release on the 4K contest, the game has gone through some pretty significant upgrades, mostly polishing and refining. In addition to the splash screen and sound upgrades, the game is now narrated using speech--requiring the Terminal Emulator 2 cartridge. The cassette will have a stripped down version on the B side which does not feature speech and will not require the TE2 cartridge.

I'll have copies available for sale at the Faire, and then I'll start shipping copies after that.

I've cut costs as much as I can, and (as it will be fully packaged) the best I can do is $12 plus shipping. I plan on making 25 copies to start with. If there is enough interest, I will consider putting together another run on a different color cassette. I've already taken 17 pre-orders on Facebook--so I've got 8 copies left available of the limited edition first run.

Enjoy the pictures. If you haven't ordered one on Facebook and you want one, please respond here. Thanks guys!

post-24953-0-75090000-1541051470.jpg

post-24953-0-29788500-1541051478.jpg

post-24953-0-65291200-1541051487_thumb.jpg

post-24953-0-38555800-1541051494_thumb.jpg

post-24953-0-20383600-1541051501.jpg

• Like 10

By the way, the copies I will have available at the Faire will be a "Deluxe" edition on a red tape with laminated card stock docs. I'll be selling these for a 10 spot, as an incentive for you folks to come out to the Faire this year. :)

These deluxe packages will only be distributed at the Faire, and after that they will not be available for distribution.

The transparent blue package will be a limited edition run of 25, and those will be available after the Faire. If, after all this, there is still interest for those with unexpanded systems, I will likely have a running stock of a stripped down package on a black tape with a white label and a foldable manual on copy paper available for purchase. These will likely be available on arcadeshopper.com if Greg would like to have them.

So for you collectors out there: You'll have to come to the Faire for the red Deluxe edition, order a blue Limited edition copy from me, and then buy a black package from Greg.

It's a win-win-win!!

Airshack-- thanks for your interest!

I haven't ordered any of the materials for black tapes yet. I likely won't unless I sell out of the blues.

The blue package will be $12, and the black tape with paper manual will likely go for 8 or 10 (I'll leave that up to Greg).

So, if you'd like the blue package, I can have you one by the end of November. For the black one, it will depend on how quickly the blues sell out. :)

Thanks again for your interest, buddy.

If I'm still functional, I'll pick one up at the Faire, Owen. Due to random circumstances here, I may not make it though--and the problem is nebulous enough that I can't make any assumptions either way yet. . .

I hope to see you there!! If not, I've got a copy reserved for you.

I am very glad you are enjoying it! have you escaped alive yet? What's your high score? :)

Not yet! The room descriptions are so picturesque! My high score is only 479. I need to map it as I go, I am making bad door choices, lol! I got caught going in circles on floor 2, ran out of bread then died!

Edited by twoodland

Indeed. Creating a map would definitely be a big help. There are a couple different strategies you can use to win.... You can choose to perform a systematic sweep of the entire Manor Castle to wipe out any and all offending life--killing as many enemies as you can to increase your final score.... Or you can be more like a stealthy ninja, taking few risks and getting out with a boatload of treasure and plenty of health to increase your final score. Both can be successful.

Here is a hint on maximizing your high score in Werewolves & Wanderers:.... You receive no bonus for the amount of food you have in your bag when you leave the Manor Castle. You DO receive bonuses for cash money and for having high health points.

• Like 1

so... would there be any chance of a special 'disk' version if we send you a disk? ;)

You could load the game up via cassette and save to disk if you wanted to. :D

I'll take a look at a possible disk version once I process the cassette orders. Disk versions just aren't as fun though! :)

• Like 1

You could load the game up via cassette and save to disk if you wanted to. :D

I'll take a look at a possible disk version once I process the cassette orders. Disk versions just aren't as fun though! :)

hehe, i appreciate it- i only ask bc i dont have a cassette drive anymore, but im thinking about buying out of loyalty since W&W was so well done :)

its no biggie, of course.

hehe, i appreciate it- i only ask bc i dont have a cassette drive anymore, but im thinking about buying out of loyalty since W&W was so well done :)

its no biggie, of course.

Thanks nate! I don't have many blank disks these days, and all the packaging material I've put together is built around cassettes.

If you buy a cassette package, I'll happily email you the digital copy for transfer. You can put it on disk if you'd like.

I don't have any packaging material for disks right now, so I would not feel right about charging someone for a plain disk with a hand-written label.

• Like 1

I played with your new game today. It's kind of neat! :thumbsup:

What you see below is my first time through. I tested with Classic 99 before saving it over to the TIPI.

I know it REQUIRES the TEII cartridge to run, but still, it's a fun enough game that I'd add some error handling so it will still run without the TEII & SPEECH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x1iER9Ygqc&feature=youtu.be