IGNORED

True coleco story

Jinks

So today I checked my local online varage sale.. this dude had a coleco with power supply for 10 bucks. I offer 5 but settle on 10. He says won't power up.

I bring it home and it looks clean.

Plug it in and nothing. Can see the snow change a bit. I spray contact cleaner into the rf hole. Plug my rf cord back in and guess what?

Crystal clear pic. Plugged a controller in and played a few games.

So the rf female plug is a bit loose. Other than that a nice console with a nice label no scratches etc..

• Like 6

I took it apart today and cleaned everything inside. I can tell it has never been apart. I soldered the 3 contacts on the rf daughterboard to repair the rf out jack.

It works all the time now.

Now I have 3 CV. Always on the lookout for more retro consoles for cheap. I bought a cv, int, and 2600 for 30 bucks 3 years ago. Ebay is too expensive. I never sell these ever as I am a hoarder, collector and a retro gamer.

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

That's nothing yet. I have 9. some even work. I bet I'm no where near the record holder either.

I took it apart today and cleaned everything inside. I can tell it has never been apart. I soldered the 3 contacts on the rf daughterboard to repair the rf out jack.
It works all the time now.
Now I have 3 CV. Always on the lookout for more retro consoles for cheap. I bought a cv, int, and 2600 for 30 bucks 3 years ago. Ebay is too expensive. I never sell these ever as I am a hoarder, collector and a retro gamer.